PDA

View Full Version : danger from the deep 0.3.0 crash to desktop

giopanda
12-22-07, 07:19 AM
hello everyone!
it's my first post here and it's not a good one.
i discovered a few time ago dftd and wanted to give it a try, the version now is 0.3.0.
well i downloaded and installed and it's all ok, but when it comes to play, it loads just the first two things (black screen with loading status on top left) and then crashes to desktop.
i found on the net version 0.2.0 and it works superfine, so i can't figure out why the newest doesn't.
i read on dftd forums to modify the config file, i did it but with no success,i also disabled antivirus and firewall while installing and while playing but nothing changed.
i tried to register on dftd forum but never had the validation email so i don't know where to ask.
here are my specs:
athlon 64 3000+
2 gb ram
win xp sp2
nvidia pov fx5900 agp

hope you guys can help me out with this one.
thank you so much

AS
09-23-08, 05:07 AM
Sorry, canīt help, just wanted to tell you that Iīve got the same problem. Would be great if someone could help!

By the way: Iīm running a standard system (Win XP, SP2, GeForce8600, 2Gig, PIV3,2etc.), and I donīt have any problems with other games, applications or the old version of DoD

rconstruct
09-23-08, 07:38 PM
Hi
Can you post any more details?
The ideal would be to post this in the bug reports section
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=71244&atid=535546
(the "add new artifact" link)

The major change from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0 was use of GLSL, but your cards should be fine, if you're running relatively recent drivers. The only problems we had with OpenGL/GLSL was some ATI problems with their drivers.
On a side note, 0.4.0 will be released still this year, hopefully before xmas.

srikehard
09-07-09, 12:47 AM
Hi,
Try to download and replace the latest SDL libraries.

h.sie
09-08-09, 02:34 AM
the idea to program a public domain sub simulator is really great. is there still progress on this project or has it finished?

h.sie