PDA

View Full Version : Where do I put files 1-7

theatreblues
12-18-07, 06:07 PM
Hi, just downloaded and installed GWX 2.0 exe, but where do I put the other files (1-7) that I downloaded. Thanks.

Von Manteuffel
12-18-07, 06:32 PM
You should have downloaded the files imto a single folder on your machine - not the SH3 root file in Program Files. Just double click on the .exe file and GWX2 will install from the .bin files automatically ( including JSGME )

kenijaru
12-18-07, 07:34 PM
what Von Manteuffel means is that those 7 .bin files are part of the installer.
ergo: you download the 7 bins and the .exe, you put them on a folder (just create one)
then, run the exe while it is on the same folder as the bins.

hellas1
12-18-07, 08:41 PM
Hello, :|\\

I downloaded GWX 2.0 from Filefront (all files from there actually) and I put them into the Ubisoft/SHIII folder and clicked the GWX.exe

The Mod installed but the first screen in the naval school (i.e. torpedos, navigation) which I chose was the torpedo training and the screen said "GAME PAUSED"

I tried to unpause it via tapping the backspace button to NO avail.

Please help!

BTW, I got a GWXInstErr log in Notepad format and it reads:
DEBUG: Test 1 PASSED
DEBUG: Test 2 PASSED Version is 1.4.0.1
DEBUG: Test 3 FAILED
DEBUG: Test 4 Seems to have PASSED IF Size is not Zero - Size is 0
DEBUG: Test 5 Seems to have PASSED IF Size is not Zero - Size is 0
DEBUG: Test 6 Seems to have PASSED IF Size is not Zero - Size is 0
At least one of the tests failed

hellas1
Guten Bye........:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
:|\\

Jimbuna
12-19-07, 04:49 AM
Comprehensive and detailed installation instructions can be found in the manual and on the GWX Home Page :up:

http://www.itsnature.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfmoon.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/pasquarade/wolf-38.gif

poor sailor
12-19-07, 05:28 AM
You must install The Grey Wolves Expansion (GWX) over a CLEAN, UNMODIFIED installation of Silent Hunter III patched to Version 1.4b since the installer will only install GWX into your Silent Hunter III installation folder. The following instructions may apply to you depending on how you have modified Silent Hunter III:

1. REMOVE any installed SH3 Commander files (if you use SH3 Commander) by pressing the "Rollback SH3" button from within SH3 Commander

2. You can use JSGME to activate other modifications after you install GWX, but not GWX itself

3. GWX is a full/general release that completely supersedes all previous versions of “The Grey Wolves” and GWX.

a. Uninstall Silent Hunter III via the MS-Windows “Add/Remove programs” feature

b. Open Windows Explorer and:
i. *delete* the folder from where Silent Hunter III was just removed
ii. *delete* the “\My Documents\SH3” folder. GWX V2.0 is incompatible with non-GWX save games and is likely incompatible with games saved under previous GWX versions.

c. Reinstall Silent Hunter III

d. Install patch V1.4b if your version of Silent Hunter III was an earlier version, ensuring the patch version corresponds to your source media: Download, DVD, EMEA, or US).

e. Visit the GWX homepage (http://gwx.mysite.orange.co.uk) and download all the primary files listed there. Send them all onto your desktop or onto a folder of your own choosing, but please ensure they are all loaded INTO THE SAME FOLDER.

f. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts