PDA

View Full Version : mini tweaker question

Laffertytig
11-21-07, 05:12 PM
in SH3 there was a "sh3.sdl" tweak file u could mod that affected sounds volumes. there is a similar file in the sh4 sound folder but i cant see a similar tweak file so how do u mod the sound. is it a different file or is a "sh4.sdl" tweak file still to be created?

Ducimus
11-21-07, 05:20 PM
tweak file still needs to be created i beleive. Ive not seen anyone post one.

I started on one, but got sidetracted by other projects, and quite frankly ran out of patience, its a rather large tweak file.

leovampire
11-21-07, 05:41 PM
in SH3 there was a "sh3.sdl" tweak file u could mod that affected sounds volumes. there is a similar file in the sh4 sound folder but i cant see a similar tweak file so how do u mod the sound. is it a different file or is a "sh4.sdl" tweak file still to be created?

He is making it so that it work's with the SDL file can even add sound's with it once it is ready.

In the mean time he made a tiny program where you can see and make some adjustment's and this is how Wilhelmtell made his sound distance boost mod that we use in ROW sound effects.

skwasjer
11-21-07, 05:54 PM
Yes, I don't recommend putting any effort in creating a tweakfile. I hope to release S3D in the near future which supports sdl format natively.

Laffertytig
11-21-07, 05:57 PM
so where can i lay my hands on that program u mention? is it user friendly like the mini tweaker program?

what im hopin to improve is the destroyer screws as they pass overhead. as it stands right now i can barely hear dd's as they move overhead. id like to be able to hear them from at least a couple of 100 metres to increase imersion so to speak, just like in the das boat film as the destroyers close

thanks in advance

skwasjer
11-21-07, 05:58 PM
In my footer... As stated current release does not support sdl files.

leovampire
11-21-07, 06:06 PM
so where can i lay my hands on that program u mention? is it user friendly like the mini tweaker program?

what im hopin to improve is the destroyer screws as they pass overhead. as it stands right now i can barely hear dd's as they move overhead. id like to be able to hear them from at least a couple of 100 metres to increase imersion so to speak, just like in the das boat film as the destroyers close

thanks in advance

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121540&highlight=sound+distance