PDA

View Full Version : some odd problems with aircraft ...

Wolfhound
09-27-07, 05:21 PM
I noticed a few odd things while creating missions for Sub Command that just seemed really really odd about plane behaviour in the game.

I was trying to create a scenario where you were supporting or clearing the way for a main assault on an island. In an earlier mission you had put special forces on the island and now in this mission you recover them. They've conducted recon on the island's defenses and give you a target of a power plant to destroy which will lower the Island's SSM and most of its SAM defenses (non-existant for the sim) and allow a main assault (a dynamic group carrier battlegroup that is spawned by killing the power plant) to begin. You have to find some way to use your TLAMs to either find a weak spot to get through the SAM sites surrounding the power plant or just punch through if you can. You can help out with their targets afterwards or kill another target, a radar station, that will bring in another carrier group from an allied country (either France or Britain)

The problem is the aircraft, both friendly aircraft and aircraft defending the island, do some weird weird things when I try to test how the battle will work with "show truth" on (only used as a mission creation aid...) For one thing they climb to astronomical altitudes (700k ft.) and then "dive" to impossible "altitutes" o.O (-700k ft.) from which they never recover but are not considered dead.

Another problem, that was probably in there by design but I still think its stupid, is that non-US airplanes, particularly non-US and non-Russian airplanes... will barely deploy if they do at all even if their mothership is being smacked silly. I can't get French or British fighters and attack planes to do much of anything but sit on the runway or the flight deck... and the enemy airfield only sends up like.. 3 su flankers despite having around 30 of them available to deal with the assault. this is regardless of their flight schedule.