PDA

View Full Version : I need to know what I'm doing wrong!

Wolfehunter
09-17-07, 08:15 PM
Now I've put together some skins. I've check out other famous skinners out there like Fubar, Steed, etc. All have there own style and qualities.

Heres my problem. I must be missing a step or doing the hole thing wrong. :damn:

I extract the TGA files from the dat file.:up:

Then I take that TGA file and use photoshop to change and add textures. It does the job. :up:

I save it in a TGA 32bit format. :up:

It looks ok but something is missing or not right.

Why are some other dudes able to put textures on the hull and look correctly placed like the ingame sub should look like. I have to play around and hope I aligns textures as close as possible. :hmm: I have trouble because the sections are cut or looped.

what are Thumbs.db? Some of the tga's use this?

Is there a tutorial somewere out there on this? I don't remember which post mentioned it? Or is there a plugin for photoshop that I'm not using? :-? Or am I using the wrong program?:nope:

Help

Venatore
09-17-07, 09:47 PM
Now I've put together some skins. I've check out other famous skinners out there like Fubar, Steed, etc. All have there own style and qualities.

Because you didn't mention me in the above quote, I feel I can offer you no help :shifty:

Venatore :nope:

Venatore
09-17-07, 09:49 PM

Only joking :rotfl:

Give me a couple of minutes to get you some handy stuff.

Venatore :rotfl:

Venatore
09-17-07, 10:07 PM
Is there a tutorial somewere out there on this? I don't remember which post mentioned it? Or is there a plugin for photoshop that I'm not using? :-? Or am I using the wrong program?:nope: Help
Wolfehunter,

This is a U-Boat Skinning Tutorial (PDF); by none other than "Danlisa". He uses the same software as you. I use Paint Pro XI, so the way you and I do skinning would be totally different, so I'm unable to give you good advice.

This is the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BUOASZI8

PS: Check out my U-boat skins sometime AND DON'T FORGET THE NAME ! :rotfl:

Wolfehunter
09-18-07, 01:00 AM
Thanks a million Venatore :up: :rock:

The Munster
09-18-07, 01:20 AM
:rotfl: Venatore, that was so funny, the bit about not prepared to help cos your name wasn't mentioned.

Wolfehunter
09-18-07, 02:19 AM
.....:shifty: ... I don't see anything different than what I do from that tutorial?

:-? except merging the TGA file back to DAT's. :nope:

Lets say I repainted Turm9c, do I rename each Turm9c ,1,2,3.tga files for the mod\dada\Textures\TNormal|tex folder? If I use the Generic Mod enabler?

Or are the Turm9c's all different?

Reason I'm asking is Turm9c tga original closed hatch isn't in the right location. I had to move it to its proper location for IXb conningtower. Also the Hatch springs aren't in the proper location. I found out by trial and error.:doh:

If you look at the danlisa pic you'll see the closed hatch is right of the conningtower inner texture. Mine was overlaping just left and upper to the metal grating halfmoon.

Coil or hatch spring is below the steel bar in Danlisa pic but I had to move it to the right just touching the steel bar? Is that normal.:hmm:

danlisa
09-18-07, 02:50 AM
Well, there are 3 turms for the IX, so there are 3 different TGA files for it & there are 3 different dats for it.

If you download this - http://files.filefront.com/IX+Texturesrar/;6514266;/fileinfo.html

You will find all the textures for all the IX boats & Turms all packed into JSGME format.

Even if you don't use them, they will give you a good idea of which files are needed to fully skin an IX.:up: It will also give you a good idea on the naming conventions.

Please come back if you need further help.

Wolfehunter
09-18-07, 02:55 AM
Well, there are 3 turms for the IX, so there are 3 different TGA files for it & there are 3 different dats for it.

If you download this - http://files.filefront.com/IX+Texturesrar/;6514266;/fileinfo.html

You will find all the textures for all the IX boats & Turms all packed into JSGME format.

Even if you don't use them, they will give you a good idea of which files are needed to fully skin an IX.:up: It will also give you a good idea on the naming conventions.

Please come back if you need further help.

Thanks danlisa. I appreciate your help.:p

danlisa
09-18-07, 02:59 AM
No problem mate. We can never have too many skins.:up:

Keep up the good work.