PDA

View Full Version : Question about the SCX Sub Changer?

Lane
09-08-07, 01:37 PM
Did the SC Install and patch to 1.08 and ran the SCX Installer Program from Bill's web page. I download a SCX Mission that requires a Victor 3.
Ran the Sub changer 3.05 before starting SC and set it for Victor 3
Ran the mission and the sub skin looked like the Victor 3. after mission
I ran the installer and change back to 688? is that the right setting for other stock 688 missions?? I see there was another setting called 688 VLS? What is that used for. And I see other stock missions that say 688 Flt1,2 &3 I am confused on all the 688 settings:hmm:
Thanks for any help
Lane

Lane
09-09-07, 09:37 PM
Guess I will stay confused:hmm: Or try to figure it out on my own:D
I guess if all else fail's, Read the Readme:)
Well at lease now I don't have a goose egg on Replys:rock:

Thank's all the folks who read my post:D
Just got my PC out repaire shop Repaired my OS XPSP2.Repair Tec Was able to save some of my programs and some I Lost may Install DW again.
Sorry my spelling is not the best.
Lane:D

clive bradbury
09-10-07, 03:20 AM
Hi Lane,

to answer your points in turn:

If you wish to revert to a stock sub in a mission you can just select it within the mission editor - it will ignore whichever sub you currently have selected in SCU.

The three stock versions of the 688 represent the real life improvements in sonar suites and quietness as technology improved over the years.

The 688 in SCU gives you the early boats, which did not have a VLS (vertical launch system). I actually don't know why the 688VLS option is in there as it is not needed as far as I know (see my first point).

Hope this helps.

Lane
09-10-07, 05:16 PM
Clive,

Thank's a lot for your information about the SCU and Mission editor.:D
I have a Patch from the Benjamin Franklin SSBN 640 found it my stuff
After I moved to our Apt. I worked on her in Port back in the 80's don't
remmber were, Kings Bay, Pearl, Groton, or Norfolk? Before I retired in 92
I woked on sonar systems that was used by SSBN's I retired US Civil Service Electronics Tech. Have been aboard in Sonar room on SSBN's
And saw the VLS aboard the SSBN's :D
Again thank's for the info. about S.C.
Cheer's
Lane:D