PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Smoke VIIc Mod - help

K Gunz
09-04-07, 12:33 PM
Genedige Karleuns,

HILFE!!!! I spent all yesterday evening trying to get the exhaust smoke mod working for my brand new Type VIIc working to no avail. Previously had the Type VIIb smoke working and it was fab (why I'm desperate to get this working). I had a look at the VIIb ver file structure and copied the same with the VIIc but it didn't work. I tried just copying the entire mod package into the Mod folder but it didn't work. I always use the JSGME so cannot understand why this is not working (I am running GWX and SH Commander with a number of other mods). I have tried previous threads but nothing seems obviously wrong - bear in mind that I am mediocre in computer skills. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Oh, I'm currently in July 1940 and the mod is for VIIc41 (am I too early?).

Kind regards
K Gunz:roll:

TheDarkWraith
09-04-07, 02:19 PM
Genedige Karleuns,

HILFE!!!! I spent all yesterday evening trying to get the exhaust smoke mod working for my brand new Type VIIc working to no avail. Previously had the Type VIIb smoke working and it was fab (why I'm desperate to get this working). I had a look at the VIIb ver file structure and copied the same with the VIIc but it didn't work. I tried just copying the entire mod package into the Mod folder but it didn't work. I always use the JSGME so cannot understand why this is not working (I am running GWX and SH Commander with a number of other mods). I have tried previous threads but nothing seems obviously wrong - bear in mind that I am mediocre in computer skills. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Oh, I'm currently in July 1940 and the mod is for VIIc41 (am I too early?).

Kind regards
K Gunz:roll:

The VIIc41 is an AI sub and not human playable. I did make an exhaust smoke mod for it though. If you're meaning the VIIc then have you downloaded my exhaust smoke mod for it? I made a version for the VIIc for GWX and for SH3 1.4b. Give me a little bit and I'll send you the newest version for the VIIc to BETA test for me. What are you running, GWX or SH3 1.4b?
Simply trying to copy my work from one sub to the next will not work. :smug:

JCWolf
09-04-07, 03:01 PM
Sorry Racerboy but let me correct you mate,

There is a playable VIIC/41 made by Cobalte
and it works perfect...:yep:

Jimbuna
09-04-07, 03:07 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=107315&highlight=playable+VIIC%2F41 :up:

TheDarkWraith
09-04-07, 03:09 PM

I stand corrected then. Sorry all! How can I get my hands on it so that the person who started this thread can enjoy my mod with it?

EDIT: he he, if I would read I would see it was right before my eyes.
Beautiful sub, how did I miss this one?

TheDarkWraith
09-04-07, 03:15 PM
I tried sending a PM to Cobalt for permission to add my mods to his sub but his mailbox is full. Anyone know another way to contact him?

JCWolf
09-04-07, 03:27 PM
On my site on special mods section for download mate!:up:

Jimbuna
09-04-07, 03:42 PM

I stand corrected then. Sorry all! How can I get my hands on it so that the person who started this thread can enjoy my mod with it?

EDIT: he he, if I would read I would see it was right before my eyes.
Beautiful sub, how did I miss this one?

I also posted a link at #4 :up:

K Gunz
09-04-07, 04:28 PM
Genedige Herren,

Fantastic response and thanks.

I have downloaded the fab Cobalte VIIc/41 mod and will keep using it from now on (like it):D. Unfortunately, I am still unable to see the exhaust smoke.

Racerboy, I tried downloading the exhaust smoke again and still cannot see it. I am running GWX with SH3 Commander. What am I doing wrong? If there is a particular file structure that I am supposed to use then info on this would be appreciated. Eg Mods/Exhaust Smoke/Data/etc - I need this additional info as I may be going wrong somewhere.

Help appreciated guys
K Gunz

TheDarkWraith
09-04-07, 04:46 PM
Genedige Herren,

Fantastic response and thanks.

I have downloaded the fab Cobalte VIIc/41 mod and will keep using it from now on (like it):D. Unfortunately, I am still unable to see the exhaust smoke.

Racerboy, I tried downloading the exhaust smoke again and still cannot see it. I am running GWX with SH3 Commander. What am I doing wrong? If there is a particular file structure that I am supposed to use then info on this would be appreciated. Eg Mods/Exhaust Smoke/Data/etc - I need this additional info as I may be going wrong somewhere.

Help appreciated guys
K Gunz

I have to make the exhaust smoke custom for each sub. Thus since I have just discovered this new VIIc/41 I have to develop it. I'll PM you when it's available for testing. Since I cannot reach the author I can only release this to you and to no one else. You'll have to keep it to yourself.

Racerboy

K Gunz
09-05-07, 02:22 PM
Genedige Racerboy,

Thanks for the info. I really look forward to you PMing me the exhaust smoke mod for this VIIC/41 (I love the Cobalt Skin). Is there a VIIC that I could use meantime that will show exhaust smoke (what I'm saying here is which VIIC would you recommend using with your exhaust mod for a VIIC sub). Any download links greatly appreciated. I have been using the VIIB exhaust smoke mod with my standard VIIB (until I upgraded) and it is a fabulous mod mate, just wish I could see the same with my newly acquired VIIC:yep:.

Danke im voraus
Karleun Gunz (U-83)

TheDarkWraith
09-05-07, 02:37 PM
Genedige Racerboy,

Thanks for the info. I really look forward to you PMing me the exhaust smoke mod for this VIIC/41 (I love the Cobalt Skin). Is there a VIIC that I could use meantime that will show exhaust smoke (what I'm saying here is which VIIC would you recommend using with your exhaust mod for a VIIC sub). Any download links greatly appreciated. I have been using the VIIB exhaust smoke mod with my standard VIIB (until I upgraded) and it is a fabulous mod mate, just wish I could see the same with my newly acquired VIIC:yep:.

Danke im voraus
Karleun Gunz (U-83)

for VIIc GWX:

http://dodownload.filefront.com/8236897//0b5c7a1080f93c948ee53f8dc18aed873e83548cd5965af167 ee25eabe729d330b9bad71f9c07173

for VIIc SH3 1.4b:

http://dodownload.filefront.com/8236555//0b5c7a1080f93c948ee53f8dc18aed873e83548cd5965af167 ee25eabe729d330b9bad71f9c07173

I should have the VIIc/41 cobalt skin done by tonight.

K Gunz
09-05-07, 03:47 PM
Genedige Racerboy,

What can I say? Wow:D. If you are going to be able to get a mod up and running this evening, I shan't even mess around with the other mods (I CAN wait that long - though I have a shopping trip tomorrow evening to go through first:down:). Although it probably won't mean a lot to you, I will say that I am incredibly impressed and indebted to you Herr. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully yours
Karleun Gunz (U-83)

TheDarkWraith
09-05-07, 07:15 PM
Genedige Racerboy,

What can I say? Wow:D. If you are going to be able to get a mod up and running this evening, I shan't even mess around with the other mods (I CAN wait that long - though I have a shopping trip tomorrow evening to go through first:down:). Although it probably won't mean a lot to you, I will say that I am incredibly impressed and indebted to you Herr. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully yours
Karleun Gunz (U-83)

Santa has come early this year for you......you have a PM.

K Gunz
09-07-07, 03:44 PM
Genedige Racerboy,

Yes:D What a mod. With a bit of playing around I have finally got the exhaust smoke with the VIIc 41 Cobalt mod working. Herr, I take my hat off to you in gratitude and respect. Anyone else reading this thread - this guy is not only dealing with individual requests (like mine) but also other requests in the forum:o. I realised this tonight when I saw the SH4 - SH3 special effects (which I have also downloaded) which Racerboy has been busy with. When do you sleep Racerboy?

Thank you very much Racerboy
Kind regards

CaptainNemo12
09-08-07, 12:42 PM
Racerboy,Could you post a link to your exhaust mod for Cobalt's VIIc/41? I've been away from this forum for a while and only recently discovered this great mod.Thanks! BTW: I also use GWX.

TheDarkWraith
09-08-07, 06:29 PM
Racerboy,Could you post a link to your exhaust mod for Cobalt's VIIc/41? I've been away from this forum for a while and only recently discovered this great mod.Thanks! BTW: I also use GWX.

I would love to but unfortunately I haven't received a response back from Cobalt giving me permission to use his mod in mine. That's all that is holding this up. Does anyone know any other way to get in touch with Cobalt?