PDA

View Full Version : Agent Insertion - Mainland China

Kamikaze
08-27-07, 09:06 PM
Sigh . . I need some suggestions. I just got this mission and have tried it once. I wasnt half way when I was already past 50% diesel. I'm currently in a BALAO and I tried charging at 2/3 (2), then submerge at same for as long as possible. Rinse and repeat.

I'm using the latest TM mod if that is an issue.

I've read the threads about dropping off the Agent (getting close to the star, stopping engines, doing this at night) . . . . but I have to get there first.

At least I leave from MIDWAY, but there do not seem to be any bases close by that I can REFIT at. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

tater
08-27-07, 09:18 PM
If you can't get to japan with a gas stop at Midway with 3/4 or more fuel left...

Cruise at 10-11 knots. If you are going faster or slower than this you are wasting fuel.

Submerged operation doesn't improve fuel efficiency since conversion to ekectricity, then storage, the back to KE is much less than 100% effecient.

tater

sneekyzeke
08-27-07, 10:16 PM
Interesting little "cheat" for ya , Kamikaze. Switch to knots display on the telegraph, zoom it in and click as close to 10 knots as possible without going over 10; might take a couple clicks to hit that sweet spot. When you click you will hear the audio "aye sir, speed 9". But of course you're going almost 10 so you're getting 10 knots speed for 9 knots fuel.:up: I do this by habit before anything else and my range to empty routinely reads 16,400 NM or KM, forget which. Try it!

Kamikaze
08-28-07, 09:45 AM
A big THANKS to all who replied!

Damn . . I've been trying to drive my US sub like a UBOAT. I re-tried the same mission but stayed on the surface and at 9 knots. Made it to China and back with fuel to spare.

QUESTION : Does this 9 Knot speed work for all the US boats? Or was this just for the BALAO?

punkmaster98
08-28-07, 09:55 AM
You should make sure that your generator isn't being left on.

Kamikaze
08-28-07, 10:06 AM
>You should make sure that your generator isn't being left on.

How do you verify this?

sneekyzeke
08-28-07, 11:03 AM
A big THANKS to all who replied!

Damn . . I've been trying to drive my US sub like a UBOAT. I re-tried the same mission but stayed on the surface and at 9 knots. Made it to China and back with fuel to spare.

QUESTION : Does this 9 Knot speed work for all the US boats? Or was this just for the BALAO?

If you're running any of the good recent accuracy - type mods out there (as you should be; I will give you my personal list if you wish, it's actually small:yep: ) hit F1 and you will see that the average best fuel economy speed falls between 9 - 10 knots for most of the subs; that's how i arrived at my "cheat". I ain't THAT smart!:rotfl: :rotfl: "Set it and forget it".

Edit: OK, i see from your original post you have TM1.6, so you have that F1 thing plus a whole lot more 'cause these guys are getting tighter and tighter...it's a beautiful thing...:up:

Kamikaze
08-28-07, 06:17 PM
>'cause these guys are getting tighter and tighter...it's a beautiful thing...:up:

Agree with ya there! Ducimus and the other folks that are helping this community are doing incredible things! This last Living Breathing Ocean mod is breath taking.

Now to upgrade my 6800GT so I can run at higher graphic settings <grin>.

I'll pay more attention to the F1 screen. I have been using it . . . just didnt put the 2-and-2-together for the fuel efficient speed setting. Hopefully I will be a bit smarter now :hmm:

Again . . . thanks to all who have answered this thread.