PDA

View Full Version : green charge indicator bar

donut
08-24-07, 11:55 PM
There is a mod that changes the battery charge indicator to green,but the search function is not finding it. Any HELP! Thxs. This may be included in another mod,& may be why it is not kicking it out?:hmm:

leovampire
08-25-07, 03:06 AM
area of the hud is just for making the buttons turn yellow when you hover over them with the mouse and then turn green like the rest of the buttons when you click on them. Never saw one that changes the battery level colors.

Redwine
08-25-07, 06:47 AM
Are you refering to buttons or the charge level Strip ?

sneekyzeke
08-25-07, 06:54 AM
Donut, the one place i know of is here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112750

it is contained in it. if you are pretty good with this sort of thing, you can isolate just that mod and/or look for a newer version. hope this helps! Zeke

P.S. The name referred to in this is, "Green Button Mod"

Edit: In the event that i have mis-understood precisely what you're after, i'm 99.9% sure what you are after is in the Captain Cox thread, so look there!

donut
08-25-07, 07:18 AM
Admiral Red, meaning,charge level Strip

Capt.sneekyzeke, still looking Thxs.
this mod made it easy to differentiate between fuel,& battery power.IE.to which one slected.??

sneekyzeke
08-25-07, 07:37 AM
The second screenshot in the link in my above post, red arrow #7, "Green Button"; this is what you want, yes?

donut
08-25-07, 07:51 AM
trying to figure how to make it stand alone,working JSGME

Redwine
08-25-07, 08:28 AM
Admiral Red, meaning,charge level Strip

Ok... nop, i cant remember a mod changing the colour of the strip...:hmm:

sneekyzeke
08-25-07, 10:53 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110564

Redwine
08-25-07, 11:02 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110564

But the bar still being in dark red, not green...

sneekyzeke
08-25-07, 11:56 AM
OK, after looking foolish YET AGAIN, at least i think i know what does it; it appears to be in the menu_1024_768.ini, section [G3F I362], last line, StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

This would correspond to 4 bars in the indicator (ah reckon). anyhoo, if someone could tell me what i presume to be hex code for the color GREEN, i would be happy to be da Guinea pig and blow up my computar mashine. :88) :doh: :damn:

P.S. if this ain't it, i'm goin' fishin' and get drunk.

Digital_Trucker
08-25-07, 12:47 PM
I believe that, in order to change the color of the strip, you must use photoshop (or something similar) to edit the HUD.dds file. Unfortunately, many mods in the HUD area make changes to this file, so it would be difficult to do without knowing which modded file to work on. I would offer to do it, but the last time I did that, I ended up changing all kinds of things for the person that they didn't want changed:damn:

Donut, are you using any mods that change the way the HUD looks or are you using the plain old vanilla HUD?

Redwine
08-25-07, 12:59 PM
I believe that, in order to change the color of the strip, you must use photoshop (or something similar) to edit the HUD.dds file. Unfortunately, many mods in the HUD area make changes to this file, so it would be difficult to do without knowing which modded file to work on. I would offer to do it, but the last time I did that, I ended up changing all kinds of things for the person that they didn't want changed:damn:

Donut, are you using any mods that change the way the HUD looks or are you using the plain old vanilla HUD?

If i do not remember bad... it is the same texture for all 4 indicators, then all them will have gren strip.

To make the battery green only... it is needed to create a new HUD.dds with the green band... in example HUD2.dds... and call for it into the bettery instrument in the 1024 ini file.

:up:

Digital_Trucker
08-25-07, 02:11 PM
If i do not remember bad... it is the same texture for all 4 indicators, then all them will have gren strip.

To make the battery green only... it is needed to create a new HUD.dds with the green band... in example HUD2.dds... and call for it into the bettery instrument in the 1024 ini file.

You remember well, Redwine, and I'm glad you said that because I hadn't even thought of using a second HUD graphic. I always wanted the "good" bars (battery charge, fuel, O2) to show up green and the bad (CO2) to show up red. Now I know how to do this and do it without messing up any changes to the rest of the HUD.

I think I'll try to get this done in the next few days (I have another project I'm in the middle of) unless someone else tackles it before I get to it.

Thanks for the info, Redwine:rock:

Redwine
08-25-07, 03:57 PM

You remember well, Redwine, and I'm glad you said that because I hadn't even thought of using a second HUD graphic. I always wanted the "good" bars (battery charge, fuel, O2) to show up green and the bad (CO2) to show up red. Now I know how to do this and do it without messing up any changes to the rest of the HUD.

I think I'll try to get this done in the next few days (I have another project I'm in the middle of) unless someone else tackles it before I get to it.

Thanks for the info, Redwine:rock:
You can use 4 textures... to give a diferent colour to each instrument..

In example... red for fuel, green for battery, lightblue for compressed air, and grey for CO2.

The main problem is to identify each intrument into the 1024 ini, to call for ... HUD.dds, HUD2.dds, HUD3.dds, HUD4.dds....

I really have not time to do... if you do it, pelease it as mod for share !

donut
08-25-07, 05:31 PM
Special Pilsner all around:()1: Should this goat come to fruition,please post link here_____to [REL] thread.

@Admiral Red,Howdy Pal:know: "Over,& under"

Digital_Trucker
08-25-07, 05:46 PM

I certainly will share:D It's the least I could do since you gave me the info to do it!:rock:

Special Pilsner all around:()1: Should this goat come to fruition,please post link here_____to [REL] thread.

@Admiral Red,Howdy Pal:know: "Over,& under"

I'll do that, too. Although, I'm not really sure what a link to a goat looks like :rotfl:

Redwine
08-25-07, 06:59 PM
I certainly will share :D

Nice !... waiting... :up:

Digital_Trucker
08-26-07, 05:25 PM
I couldn't quite accomplish what you were looking for (I think), because the game uses the same texture for all 4 indicator bars (it calls them progress bars). If I could get the game to reverse the colors for just the CO2 (still trying to figure that one out), then I could at least make green=good and red=bad on all four.

As it is, green = good for 3 of the 4 and I set up each button to light up in a different color when they are active. I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but...........

Anyway, here's an example.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/digital_trucker/Screenshots/Demo.jpg

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to throw them out there.:D

donut
08-26-07, 06:42 PM
We like it ,it accomplishes status at a glance,& makes differentiation,discernible. another game play boost:rock: Link-link-Link:rotfl: Great:sunny: WOW:huh:

Redwine
08-26-07, 07:08 PM
I couldn't quite accomplish what you were looking for (I think), because the game uses the same texture for all 4 indicator bars (it calls them progress bars). If I could get the game to reverse the colors for just the CO2 (still trying to figure that one out), then I could at least make green=good and red=bad on all four.

As it is, green = good for 3 of the 4 and I set up each button to light up in a different color when they are active. I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but...........

Nice !

Green for good, red for bad... good idea. :up:

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to throw them out there.:D

Ok...

Some of we, are not using that status panel, just make a 1024 ini manual editing guide to add your changes on our present status panel.

In example i am using the Green Buttons with the HUD.dds with small personalized touchs... in example, some buttons shadows, and the deck gun icon, the original seems more an assault rifle than a deck gun.

:up::up::up:

Digital_Trucker
08-26-07, 07:43 PM
We like it ,it accomplishes status at a glance,& makes differentiation,discernible. another game play boost:rock: Link-link-Link:rotfl: Great:sunny: WOW:huh:

Thanks for the kudos :oops: Glad you like, will have it put together shortly, now that I know it's going to work for y'all.

Ok...

Some of we, are not using that status panel, just make a 1024 ini manual editing guide to add your changes on our present status panel.

That's exactly what I had in mind since so many of us use our own hybrid menu_1024_768.ini. I'll put the graphics in JSGME ready with a text file with the editing instructions. The changes I list will only change this part of the HUD, nothing else (since it uses a separate texture).

Will have it for y'all shortly.

Digital_Trucker
08-26-07, 08:25 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=631275#post631275

Enjoy!