PDA

View Full Version : Lucky I checked :)

Shelton
08-18-07, 10:34 PM
Third war patrol - Dec 1940 - 8 days and no merchants - Dec 26 Sound Man picks up a contact moving fast - close in for the kill, ID to be a small tanker, better check the flag and go to see its USA!

Lucky I checked !

dmlavan
08-18-07, 10:59 PM
I've had that happen all too often during the first few years of the war. It's somewhat common near the Azores and Canary Islands... many times I've gone after sound contacts only to find nice juicy tankers... flying Portuguese flags.

Brag
08-18-07, 11:44 PM
Third war patrol - Dec 1940 - 8 days and no merchants - Dec 26 Sound Man picks up a contact moving fast - close in for the kill, ID to be a small tanker, better check the flag and go to see its USA!

Lucky I checked !

Bastard starry striped illegal blockade runners ruined nore than one day in a Kaleun's life.

Jimbuna
08-19-07, 07:55 AM

Lucky I checked !

Don't worry, your fast approaching 'open season' :arrgh!:

soma
08-19-07, 09:31 AM
If you torp them anyway, their countries will declare war on our glorious Reich, so you can torp them next patrol, Kaleun :arrgh!:

or doesnt it work like that? :P

Jimbuna
08-19-07, 10:00 AM
Sinking a neutral means every vessel in that countrt will consider you an enemy for the next 24 hours :arrgh!:

papa_smurf
08-19-07, 11:09 AM
This has also has happened to me in a patrol. In this case it was 3 large cargo ships spotted in a 3 hr period - ALL were US ships:damn: .

Sailor Steve
08-19-07, 11:23 AM
Bastard starry striped illegal blockade runners ruined nore than one day in a Kaleun's life.
It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.:rotfl:

Shelton
08-20-07, 06:05 AM
at least the stars and strips are quite noticeable from a far distance -
One thing I really like about this sim is the random element of a neutral contact :up: