PDA

View Full Version : Where is the USS Missouri?

Vlad34
08-17-07, 12:21 PM
I thought that I saw a modded file that added the USS Missouri. Was I mistaken? Thanks to all those that read and reply. Cheers!:D

tater
08-17-07, 02:51 PM
Iowa Class BBs are stock in SH4.

tater

Sailor Steve
08-17-07, 04:31 PM
I know it's not an answer to your question, but

WELCOME ABOARD!

LukeFF
08-17-07, 05:19 PM
Silliest question of the week.

Vlad34
08-17-07, 05:34 PM

Considering I have actually been on the USS Missouri and the stock Iowa Class Battleships in SH4 look nothing like her,.....I think it is a very reasonable question. Her paint scheme looked nothing like that nor does the deck configurations. So, anyway I thought that someone actually made a USS Missouri skin but I don't remember who and where I saw it. Obviously LukeFF hasn't a clue either way...

LukeFF
08-17-07, 06:06 PM
Considering I have actually been on the USS Missouri and the stock Iowa Class Battleships in SH4 look nothing like her,.....I think it is a very reasonable question. Her paint scheme looked nothing like that nor does the deck configurations. So, anyway I thought that someone actually made a USS Missouri skin but I don't remember who and where I saw it. Obviously LukeFF hasn't a clue either way...
Considering I've been on both the Missouri and the New Jersey and had a grandfather serve on the former, plus the fact both ships served and were modified long after the war ended, I'm pretty sure I do have a clue. That, and it takes a two-second internet search to see USS Missouri = Iowa Class BB.

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/us_navy_pages/us_navy_battleship_photos/uss_missouri_bb63/02_uss_missouri_chesapeake_bay.jpg

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/us_navy_pages/us_navy_battleship_photos/uss_missouri_bb63/03_uss_missouri_bb63.jpg

Missouri in 1944. Granted, the camo scheme is not exactly the same, but the devs may have used one of the other Iowas as a reference.

:roll:

Nightmare
08-17-07, 06:15 PM

I can tell you for sure she wasn't painted the same in WWII as she was in Korea (or even now out at Pearl). She was continually modernized as time went on, so she does not look the same as she did back in WWII.

The fact that the Iowa class is included in the stock game is good indication of the response you've received. You asked the question as to “Where is the USS Missouri?” The answer is, Iowa class battleships are in the game, and hence there is your answer.

As far as to where to find the skin, I'm not sure. Perhaps some other poster can tell you where.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

badaboom
08-17-07, 06:29 PM
Ahhh,This gives me a chance to post my recent BB63 Vacation pics!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture018.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Picture008.jpg

moshpit
08-17-07, 08:50 PM
Oh man, I love that big boat :p

bunkerratt
08-17-07, 11:04 PM
and here's a bit of history...the table that was used for the surrender was covered with a coffee stained blanket or table cloth from the officers mess ...they fliped it over to hide the stain....:know:

Vlad34
08-18-07, 12:04 AM
Thank you everyone for all the input, and sharing the pics! I especially thank LukeFF for proving yourself to being an even bigger dick:roll: . People come to these forums to converse and find information about the game they love. This community is really terrific and I have met a lot of cool people, but there always happens to be one who can't resist being a tard by flaming people, Oh well...CHEERS:up:

LukeFF
08-18-07, 02:37 AM
and here's a bit of history...the table that was used for the surrender was covered with a coffee stained blanket or table cloth from the officers mess ...they fliped it over to hide the stain....:know:
And the funny thing is, after the surrender was over, they just put that table back in the mess and went on about their business! The tour guides at the Missouri say they get asked all the time about that table and what museum in which it ended up. :rotfl:

LukeFF
08-18-07, 02:40 AM
I especially thank LukeFF for proving yourself to being an even bigger dick:roll: . People come to these forums to converse and find information about the game they love. This community is really terrific and I have met a lot of cool people, but there always happens to be one who can't resist being a tard by flaming people

Suit yourself. Only one of us is calling the other person names, and it sure isn't me.

chopped50ford
08-18-07, 12:23 PM
Considering I've been on both the Missouri and the New Jersey and had a grandfather serve on the former, plus the fact both ships served and were modified long after the war ended, I'm pretty sure I do have a clue. That, and it takes a two-second internet search to see USS Missouri = Iowa Class BB.

Missouri in 1944. Granted, the camo scheme is not exactly the same, but the devs may have used one of the other Iowas as a reference.

:roll:

Luke only pointed out the obvious...

If your going to get "spun up" about something so small as this, you might want to reconsider another site. :smug:

On another note: When I joined, I wanted to serve on a BB as a GM. but due to the downsizing and them being decommisioned it wasnt possible. I was truly bummed...so I went to the next best thing....(SS) :D

sneekyzeke
08-18-07, 12:35 PM
[/quote]
On another note: When I joined, I wanted to serve on a BB as a GM. but due to the downsizing and them being decommisioned it wasnt possible. I was truly bummed...so I went to the next best thing....(SS) :D[/quote]

:hmm: Hmmm...Gunner's Mate, Torpedoman...So you've always been attracted to things that make ya go BOOM!:rotfl:

Onkel Neal
08-19-07, 05:01 PM

If your going to get "spun up" about something so small as this, you might want to reconsider another site. :smug:

Actually, a person should be able to ask a simple question here without being insulted. It's one thing for two established, long time users here to rib each other, it's another for a new guy to ask a question and have it labeled "silliest question of the week". Let's make new guys feel welcome and at ease here.

Neal
Subsim Admin

chopped50ford
08-19-07, 07:20 PM

Actually, a person should be able to ask a simple question here without being insulted. It's one thing for two established, long time users here to rib each other, it's another for a new guy to ask a question and have it labeled "silliest question of the week". Let's make new guys feel welcome and at ease here.

Neal
Subsim Admin

With all due respect, but I dont think Luke was trying to insult the guy, just point out the obvious, and answer his question in one shot.

LukeFF
08-20-07, 12:28 AM
With all due respect, but I dont think Luke was trying to insult the guy, just point out the obvious, and answer his question in one shot.

Exactly. It would have been easy for me to flame the guy and call him names, but I didn't, and I don't engage in such behavior, unless I know the person really well - and in such cases I mean it in jest.

Vlad34 on the other hand? Let's see, he calls me clueless, a tard and a dick and accuses me of flaming him. Yeah, nice guy and good forum manners there...

Marka Ragnos
08-20-07, 10:55 AM
badaboom those pictures look really sweet :D

badaboom
08-20-07, 10:11 PM
Thank You Sir!!!!! It was a very humbling experience to be aboard one of the most famous and powerfull BBs in the world,I went aboard with my 71yr old Father and my 13yr old son.I'll never forget it!!!:up: