PDA

View Full Version : [help] JSGME question

Vorkapitan
07-31-07, 11:51 AM
Hi All,

When using JSGME, and you have "mod A" that modifies "sensor.dat"

and a "mod B" that also modifies "sensor.dat", is "mod A" updated before "mod B"

is applied? (my assumption is that it is). :know:

CaptainCox
07-31-07, 01:42 PM
Well any Mod that is applied on top of another will be the one Active!. So in other words, ModA will be overwritten (COMPLETLY) by ModB. That is if ModB is applied last.

tater
07-31-07, 01:46 PM
It's my understanding that the mods merely replace files.

Poopy.sim is the stock file.

Mod A is installed, and contains a tweaked Poopy.sim. The stock file is backed up, and Poopy.sim from Mod A overwrites it.

If Mod B is then installed, and Mod B has its own Poopy.sim file, it will presumably backup the Mod A one, and install B instead.

I have no idea if the backup of Mod A's file will then overwrite the REAL default file in backups, or if it is given a new name.

Bando
07-31-07, 02:47 PM
In the save folder, each mod has it's own name as well, so each overwritten file is unique. Therefore rolling back in the opposite sequence is important.

Vorkapitan
07-31-07, 07:03 PM
Thank fellas!!

DirtyHarry3033
07-31-07, 07:08 PM
It's my understanding that the mods merely replace files.

Poopy.sim is the stock file.

Mod A is installed, and contains a tweaked Poopy.sim. The stock file is backed up, and Poopy.sim from Mod A overwrites it.

If Mod B is then installed, and Mod B has its own Poopy.sim file, it will presumably backup the Mod A one, and install B instead.

I have no idea if the backup of Mod A's file will then overwrite the REAL default file in backups, or if it is given a new name.
Don't think I wanna know what the Poopy.sim file does! But I think my crew has made use of it before :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DH

JScones
07-31-07, 07:27 PM
In the save folder, each mod has it's own name as well, so each overwritten file is unique. Therefore rolling back in the opposite sequence is important.
Correct. However, where a mod has been enabled and no files from that mod have been overwritten by any subsequently installed mods, then that mod can be disabled at any time.

Reverse order is only important where files from one mod overwrite files from another mod. But this is nothing for the user to stress about - JSGME takes care of it all and won't allow a mod to be removed where files have been overwritten by subsequent mods.