PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Right-click to move back to conning tower

LukeFF
07-30-07, 01:36 AM
How does one do this? Right now, we can right-click the mouse to leave the sonar and radar stations and return to the conning tower view, but we can't do so for the periscopes or the watch deck. I recall this being easy to do in SH3, but I can't remember how it's done.

Canonicus
07-30-07, 05:44 AM
Seem like that all you would need to do is add the line...

GoBack=Conning_tower_camera

to this command line in Commands cfg in the Data file...

[Cmd15]
Name=Conning_deck_camera
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F020004
Key0=0x74,,"F5"
;Key0=0x73,,"F4"
Page=0x34000000,3705
GoBack=Conning_tower_camera

This should activate a right-click return to the conning tower view from the bridge.

LukeFF
07-30-07, 05:09 PM
Hmm, I've tried this, and it doesn't work. :( Anyone else have better luck with this?

Payoff
07-31-07, 07:49 AM
Hmm, I've tried this, and it doesn't work. :( Anyone else have better luck with this?

For some reason some stations wont respond to the mouse, such as the 3d periscope, so you have to map a key to the go back to previous cam function.
Heres mine.

[Cmd7]
Name=Go_back_to_prev_cam
Ctxt=1,11
Key0=0xBF,,"/"

I have a programmable mouse also, so I have this key mapped to my middle mouse button and I can go back to any camera from anywhere.

LukeFF
07-31-07, 04:05 PM
For some reason some stations wont respond to the mouse, such as the 3d periscope, so you have to map a key to the go back to previous cam function.
Heres mine.

[Cmd7]
Name=Go_back_to_prev_cam
Ctxt=1,11
Key0=0xBF,,"/"

I have a programmable mouse also, so I have this key mapped to my middle mouse button and I can go back to any camera from anywhere.

In that example above, have you mapped the backslash command to your mouse? If so, then I can do the same with my mouse as well.

Payoff
07-31-07, 04:06 PM
:up:

LukeFF
07-31-07, 04:07 PM
Gotcha! Thanks.

CaptainCox
07-31-07, 04:24 PM
What I really would like is to be able to click the TBT on the bridge (conning) and get to the bino/TBT view like in SH3.

LukeFF
07-31-07, 04:41 PM
What I really would like is to be able to click the TBT on the bridge (conning) and get to the bino/TBT view like in SH3.

I would too. Elanaiba has said the code's there for it to work, but for some unknown reason it's just not working right.

CaptainCox
07-31-07, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a project ;)
I remember that post...but did he not say that the coding guys forgot something?

DirtyHarry3033
07-31-07, 06:52 PM
How does one do this? Right now, we can right-click the mouse to leave the sonar and radar stations and return to the conning tower view, but we can't do so for the periscopes or the watch deck. I recall this being easy to do in SH3, but I can't remember how it's done.
Hmm, just tried it and it works for me from the watch deck (if by that you mean bridge?) Not from periscope though :( If I right-click from bridge I go to conning tower, right-click from conning tower I go to control room.

You ought to consider voice recog though, I use Shoot and I just say where I want to go - "Bridge!", "Attack Scope!", "Conning Tower!", "Man Deck Gun!" or whatever.

And then other cool commands such as screaming "Close all tubes! Crash dive! All ahead flank!" when that pesky DD has just crashed my party. Which of course has the neighbors in the next apt wondering if I've lost my mind :rotfl:

The VR really adds to immersion and for moving around the boat you can get wherever you want without any key or mouse presses, and without having to remember where that right-click is gonna take you back to!

DH

Anvart
08-02-07, 08:37 AM
Now TBT is in Sensors_sub_Us.dat and Focusable3DObj controller is not attached to it.
For periscopes, it is made and works:
1) For a head of attacks periscope (camera Cam_ConningTower)
2) For an eyepiece of attacks periscope (camera Cam_ConningPeriscope)
3) For an eyepiece of obs. periscope (camera Cam_ConningTower).
For obs. peris only eyepiece ...
I have added to Focusable3DObj controller of attack periscope Cam_Free for free camera still ...
I think it's possible to make for TBT ...