PDA

View Full Version : Any Mod for Allied Aircraft in SH4?

ricnunes
07-27-07, 06:03 PM
Now with patch 1.3 I finally like playing SH4. I specially like the fact that now I can ask for a speed measurement on an enemy ship, cool improvement inded!

But now the thing that probably anoys me the most in SH4 is the list of Allied aircraft (isn't the Lancaster being the US heavy bomber and Search plane ridiculous??) which is simply out of context (not to mention RIDICULOUS). Yes, I know that probably those fake aircraft were modeled in order to avoid being sued by Grumman blah blah blah, which by the way I completly disagree since it would be only a matter of not putting the Grumman (or other US company) name associated with the aircraft, but that's not what this thread is about so what this tread is about is actually to ask if there is a mod which can fix this "issue"?

If not, is there a way of replacing the Allied SH4 aircraft with the ones of SH3 (which are in fact ACCURATE)?

Thanks in advance for replies...

tater
07-27-07, 06:12 PM
eah, search the mod forum, there is a mod with the sh3 US planes.

tater

pythos
07-27-07, 09:19 PM
Really shows the lack of want of acuracy. I think it is neat having the Brewster Buffalo as a allied fighter, just make it for new Zealand, the country along with Austrailia that actually used the little fighter to good effect, (along with Finland). The Early version of the hell diver is ok as well, for early war. But the lancaster never saw action in the pacific. In the opening there is the clear form of a consolidated Catalina patrol bomber. The B-17 was another patrol bomber, as with the Douglas B-18, along with some hudsons and venturas.

This fright of being scared of being sued by these big ass aircraft companies like Grumman I think is Waaaaay over blown, to the point of lunacy (such as a Lancaster in polished aluminum with american markings.)

Let's get an actual mod, to port the planes from sh3 over to sh4, and get some actual Lexington class Carriers as well. The carriers in the game are also pre war models, which is evident by the tall and thin funnel.

ricnunes
07-28-07, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the reply tater, but before I've posted this thread I've seached the mod forum for such a mod but I coudn't find it. Maybe I suck big time in seaching forums but the thruth is that I didn't find such a mod.
So if it isn't asking too much, could you or someone else post a link to where I can find that mod? Thanks in advance...

tater
07-28-07, 08:13 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109881

files:
http://hosted.filefront.com/Ottfried/

ricnunes
07-28-07, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the reply tater.

Major Johnson
07-28-07, 08:42 AM
Cool, will this mod work with 1.3??

tater
07-28-07, 08:48 AM
It should, it just adds planes.

Note that that mod just adds the planes to the game, it doesn't add them to the CAMPAIGN.

So you add that mod, you'll never see them unless you start modding the airbases, etc.

Major Johnson
07-28-07, 08:51 AM
Damn! And that's the only way I play. Oh well, maybe some day the aircraft manufacturers will learn how to play nice with the rest of the world.

tater
07-28-07, 09:17 AM
They can be added by modding a few text files.

It's somewhat pointless, it's not like you see them often.

I've had the mod for a while, and I started to add them in but decided it was a waste of resources since I never operate near US units. I suppose I might see some doing guard duty.

tater

leovampire
07-29-07, 09:30 PM
Carrier I converted from SHIII if you want them for the British Airbases I added to my AIRBASE NAV mod.

http://files.filefront.com/British+Planes++Illustriurrar/;7660070;;/fileinfo.html

Just remember to add them to your Roster file by hand and put them in the Airbases for use I did some of it in these files you will down load either use them as an example or install using JSGME