PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Speed controlled sub exhaust smoke

TheDarkWraith
07-15-07, 10:35 AM
I originally started off with an idea to make a dual exhaust VIIb sub modelled after Privateer's 9d2 sub mod. I was successful in making this and while I was in development of this I thought it would be neat to make a sub who a) had exhaust smoke and 2) that smoke was controllable (linked to something). After many hours of CTD's, lockups, freezes, head banging and all I was aobut to give up on the idea. I sent out a message to Privateer asking a question not really related to this and he gave me something to look at for the question posed. Upon investing this 'new ground' I fiddled with some settings and discovered how to make the bow and stern wakes appear underwater. Now with my curiosity peaked I wondered if the ship's wake could be duplicated as smoke......:hmm: I whipped out my hex editor and began coding. The result? I made a successful smoke texture on top of the water that WAS speed dependant. The bad part is that did no good because it only appeared on the surface of the water, it wasn't 3D. The good part is I discovered speed controlled items for the sub. I quickly opened up VISIO and began building hierarchy trees of the file to learn what was going on. After learning the file structure and what it contained I set out to change the ship's wake to smoke. Wasn't as easy as I thought. I was successful though and that opened the door to the linker objects that allow this mod to 'work'. The game thinks the new sub exhaust smoke is just another object created from the 'ship'. The magic lies in the objects that link to this exhaust smoke. They control it's scalability, opacity, life, weight, etc.
Special thanks to Privateer for giving me the suggestion to track down a certain file and analyze it.
Another special thanks to DivingDuck for putting up with my questions about file structures, coordinates, etc.
And thanks to MushMartin for putting me in contact with Privateer.
The first sub I set out to tackle was the VIIb.
I was successful in doing so but it currently is only a single exhaust smoke. The VIIb has exhaust ports on both sides so naturally we need two exhaust smokes. I'll continue working on this, I don't give up easily. I will expand this speed controlled sub exhaust smoke to all subs eventually. I even have ideas to add this to..........

What this mod is: it adds an exhaust smoke to the sub who's output is dependant upon the speed of the sub. Key point here is speed of the sub.
It's still a WIP and I hope to have a BETA release for testing here soon on the VIIb sub.

As this mod matured and grew inside my dual exhausts for subs thread I decided to start this new thread for it. Here are links to previous posts about it:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=593880&postcount=36

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=593995&postcount=39

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=594090&postcount=48

Please use this thread for all posts about this from now on. Thanks!

RM2(SS)
07-15-07, 12:13 PM
sounds really good! i will definetely be looking forward to seeing the finished product! :up:

TarJak
07-15-07, 05:31 PM
Great work Racerboy! You got real talent:up:

Mush Martin
07-15-07, 05:39 PM
I cant believe I missed posting here

congrats and thanks for all the work so far
hopefull to see you succeed with your goals
regarding this mod.
MM

nikbear
07-15-07, 08:14 PM
An amazing adancment with this mod,congratulations:up:I had a real fear that when privateer was keelhauled that this would die a death,thankfully you have risen to the challenge,really looking forward to this develop in the future:yep::hmm:

TheDarkWraith
07-16-07, 07:30 PM
I found the bug in my speed controlled dual exhaust sub smoke mod and thus it is fully operational (needs BETA testers to ensure no problems). Wow, that's all I can say about it.
Pics to come here soon..................:rock:
:|\\

TheDarkWraith
07-16-07, 09:26 PM
As promised here are the pics of the speed controlled dual exhaust smoke mod. Currently I have done this only for the VIIb sub. These are taken at ahead flank bell. Things to note:

how smoke hugs the water (important for surface air disturbance modeling!), fading out behind sub
the smoke exits each port AT THE SIZE of the port and expands out :rock:
each side's smoke is completely independant of each other (I'll expand on this)There are some other features (depicted in the pics but hard to see unless you're playing the game):

By making each side's smoke completely independant of each other we should be able to use SH3 commander to 'age' the diesels over time thus producing blacker smoke (or bluer, or whiter,etc.). SH3 commander's random features could also cause an engine 'failure' and thus a pouring of black (or blue for oil burning?) smoke from that engine. There are many possibilities here. I have to incorporate some new smoke textures for this first to make it work.
the smoke is affected by wind - if you have a strong port or stbd wind then the exhausts will swing to the direction of the wind (wind has less effect the faster you are going - surface air disturbances from your sub take over here!)
If you have high waves and it covers the exhaust port then the smoke will cease and then burp out a nice puff and resume smoking once the wave has uncovered the port :rock:
stops smoking when you submerge and resumes when you surface - but until your sub settles down from the up and down pitching due to surfacing the waves can cover the exhaust ports thus causing them to stop and restart once uncovered :rock: (this also applies to heavy seas)
surface air disturbances from you sub (which get worse the faster you go) are modeled in this. The faster you go the more you will see each exhaust randomly change motion from side to side behind the sub if you are not heading directly into the wind. The more you turn perpendicular to the wind the more pronounced the effect becomes. This air disturbance model can be made to produce different results for different subs (after all they have different curves, angles, sizes of conning towers, etc.). The key point here is each exhaust port has it's own air disturbance model.
the size, opacity, life, and density are modeled also (in relation to speed). The faster you go the thicker, darker, and longer the exhaust is and hangs around
The key thing to remember is the smoke is related to speed. Thus if you are going ahead flank and order all stop the smoke will continue but decrease as the speed decreases eventually coming to hardly anything at all stop (no way around this sorry!)
Will be added for all subs (will need some help here on this in regards to exhaust port locations - PM me if you want to help)
I'll update as I learn more and add more features to itRacerboy :|\\

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/100642/tjxyklggml.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/100642/islbggeaqf.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/100642/vwurezvwby.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/100642/alnpveogkd.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/100642/nycyztqhyd.jpg

Racerboy

EDIT: I just noticed in my pics that the exhaust generators z position is wrong on both! Still a BETA so will fix and correct.

Mush Martin
07-17-07, 02:28 AM
Another Breakthrough. Well done again Racerboy. :up::up:

Captain Strangelove
07-17-07, 04:11 AM
With all this smoke the type VII looks like an early WWI submarine!

Very cool nevertheless!

Keep going!

Konovalov
07-17-07, 06:00 AM
Wow. What a nice little addition. Well done. :|\\

Hitman
07-17-07, 09:02 AM
Cool :|\\

Only pity we must choose just one colour and density for all situations. In RL a big acceleration of the engine would cause a huge dark smoke cloud then lower considerably as the engine runs a little at high speed. In fact a sub running all ahead flank would not cause that much smoke, and much less than acclerating. So we will need to find a compromise, but of course this is miles ahead of not having anything. Well done Racerboy:up:

CapZap1970
07-17-07, 09:06 AM
Very nice, Racerboy!! :up:
Looks like you are giving it the final strokes ???:rock:
Just in case, please don't forget us the IX Kaleuns
CapZap

WilhelmSchulz.
07-17-07, 10:17 AM
Nice but there is too much smoke in my opinon.

Hartmann
07-17-07, 07:18 PM
Wow, very nice :o

for my taste is too dark,i like more white or grey smoke, more light, but its a great work :up:

could be tweaked the colour and smoke density :roll:

Mush Martin
07-17-07, 08:16 PM
What it needs is to have the properties of fog so when you turn
tail and step on the gas the enemy cant see you with visual ai
anymore.
M

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 01:49 AM
anymore.
M

MM,

Can you tell me how to add this? :huh:

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 01:52 AM
I have sent out the first BETA version of the speed controlled dual exhaust for VIIb sub with ADM (Air disturbance model) to 2 people so far. I'll await feedback from them to see what needs changed, modified, etc.

I'm awaiting more information from 2-3 more to send it to them. The journey has begun.......:|\\

Racerboy

Mush Martin
07-18-07, 02:10 AM
No , not a clue.:shifty:

Maraz
07-18-07, 03:04 AM
anymore.
M

I think this mod has no effect on enemy's visual, this is just a graphic mod.

Maraz

Mush Martin
07-18-07, 03:22 AM
Yes I know thats my point , if we could make it so the game percieves
it as fog then it would have the simulated effect of diminishing
enemy ability to discern the boat. its just tossing an idea out
I dont think it can be done, but hes on a roll so why not put it
out there.
M

johnno74
07-18-07, 03:36 AM
Yes I know thats my point , if we could make it so the game percieves
it as fog then it would have the simulated effect of diminishing
enemy ability to discern the boat. its just tossing an idea out
I dont think it can be done, but hes on a roll so why not put it
out there.
M

IMHO that wouldn't really work in RL.
The whole point of a u-boat is the enemy doesn't know you are there AT ALL, until its too late.

A big cloud of black smoke might stop the enemy from spotting the actual sub, but it would be a huge giveaway as to the general area where you were.

If you are detected, even if the enemy didn't know exactly where you were there would be no point in hanging around on the surface.

The only use I could think of for this would be to hinder the aiming of an attacking aircraft, until you could submerge.

Mush Martin
07-18-07, 05:50 AM
further to that, if you got it to work correctly at night it wouldnt
work correctly during the day one way would be better
concealment the other would be glaring assist to detection
but I dont think both could coexist.

Ive read a bunch of accounts of surface attacks both Kriegsmarine
and USN whereby they used there own exhaust to mask there departure.
seams it was common to run up fast wake to give a light spot on
the water behind the sub for enemy spotters and gunners to focus
on. while the exhaust cloud would soften and dim the reduced outline
of the retreating sub.
M

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 11:11 AM
If someone can give me examples of items that use this 'fog' in the game I can track it down and possibly see how they do it.

Mush Martin
07-18-07, 01:07 PM
no items its a weather condition.
I think the chances are slim.
M

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 08:06 PM
So far news from the BETA testers is good on the VIIb mod.

I want to update my Air Disturbance Model (ADM) for this VIIb model. So let me pose some questions. Given the exhaust port locations on the sub how do you suppose the exhaust gas interacts with the wind:

right at the exhaust port (obviously bends towards the stern but at what angles in the 3 planes (x,y,z) with ship moving (let's be basic and say moving into the wind for now)
some distance (?) behind the sub
some distance more (?) behind the sub These are the 'options' I have available to be used that I haven't used yet. It's time to explore them......

Some questions regarding exhaust gas volume in regards to speed:

Do you all agree you should see a faint amount of exhaust at 0 knots on both sides?
This exhuast volume should increase (rapidly, slowly, very slowly,??) up to what speed in knots (call this the knee) or should it just gradually change from 0 knots to full speed with max output at full speed?
Then at this knee the exhaust volume should change (moderately,rapidly,very rapidly, ??) up to top speed where top speed is 'max output'? I should be able to instigate a multi-stage change of exhaust gas based on speed. Thought I would pose the questions before diving head first into this.

Racerboy :|\\

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 08:51 PM
I was bored so I went ahead and dove into a multi-stage speed controlled exhaust.....and the results were........IT CAN BE DONE! So........

Let's design a 'power curve' for the exhaust gas output vs speed for the VIIb. how many 'knees' should it have (let's try to keep this under 4 please!). If we can come up with this curve then I can make it happen. I'll throw out an example here:

Knee 1: 0 knots. Exhaust output change from min to 20% from 0-4 knots
Knee 2: 4 knots. Exhaust output change from 20% to 50% from 4-12 knots
Knee 3: 12 knots. Exhaust output change from 50% to 100% from 12-max speed

This is getting really cool and really fun......:|\\

EDIT: I made this excell file for a model of speed vs smoke output for the VIIb. How does this look?

http://dodownload.filefront.com/8091215//0b5c7a1080f93c948ee53f8dc18aed873e83548cd5965af167 ee25eabe729d330b9bad71f9c07173

Mush Martin
07-18-07, 09:18 PM
In each sub cfg there is a percentage of top speed rating associated
with each eng telegraph order, they are all a little different
but for Uber I redid them to an even twenty percent each for
each telegraph order.
ie. slow=20%
1/3=40%
std=60%
full=80%
flank=100%

but if you want the correct ones for each sub you need to
look at the subs cfg file in the subs folder.
M

d@rk51d3
07-18-07, 10:06 PM
How about some flames ( maybe an intermittent muzzle flash) from the exhaust when running at flank speeds...:|\\

May not be historically accurate, but cool nonetheless.:yep:

A6Intruder
07-18-07, 11:25 PM
How about some flames ( maybe an intermittent muzzle flash) from the exhaust when running at flank speeds...:|\\

May not be historically accurate, but cool nonetheless.:yep:

Maybe you should play Need for Speed:hmm:
Kind regards

d@rk51d3
07-18-07, 11:32 PM
:rotfl:

So I guess that's a "no".

And no "GT" stripes, no rear spoiler, no sunroof.....:lol:

TheDarkWraith
07-18-07, 11:44 PM
C'mon now, I'm trying for realism here. Do you think that would be realistic?? If you're looking for stuff like that you need to check out Uber-uboat by MushMartin. Might be right up your alley......

d@rk51d3
07-19-07, 12:28 AM
I was serious about the flames, just kidding about the rest.

Just had a flashback to the engine room scene in Das Boot where Ghost cracks open a few valves and flames come bursting out. I know they probably didnt reach the exhaust ports, but under extended flank conditions, who knows?

CaptainCox
07-19-07, 01:06 AM
In the bok the "Old Man" is using the diesel as a "SMOKE SCREEN" full speed ahead, to avoid detection from a Destroyer.

There is also another episode in the book that is not in the Film. The main character "Leutnant Werner" has to help out in the machine room. Hes job is to open and close the Exhaust Vent hatches for the diesels, as residue is gathered around the hatches, and if they are not opened and closed daily they might jam due to the build up. Resulting in fumes getting in to the boat or worse, WATER FLODDING THE DEISELS!

As for this mod...BLOODY FRIGGIN BRILLIANT!:o :yep:

As i dont have Office installed...YET :p I cant check that "excell file"(off to work here :( ) Will have to check it out later tonight.

Anyhow i am sure its awesome ;) looks like it so far, no matter what you do really.

d@rk51d3
07-19-07, 01:23 AM
[quote=CaptainCox]
As for this mod...BLOODY FRIGGIN BRILLIANT!:o :yep: [quote]

I couldn't agree more.

This is one of the few mods that has got me really exited. Full credits to Racerboy.:rock:

Mush Martin
07-19-07, 01:24 AM
C'mon now, I'm trying for realism here. Do you think that would be realistic?? If you're looking for stuff like that you need to check out Uber-uboat by MushMartin. Might be right up your alley......

Hmmm Dragster Flames From My Turbines, :hmm:NO Not Enough Uber must and
will have something even Flashier in the coming months........:sunny:

java`s revenge
07-19-07, 11:59 AM
Where is the downloadlink?
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

TheDarkWraith
07-19-07, 12:00 PM
Where is the downloadlink?
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

It's still in BETA testing and only for the VIIb currently. Will be making it for the other subs but it takes time to do. :|\\

Racerboy

java`s revenge
07-19-07, 12:06 PM
......nooooo i always take the VIIb sub......come on....

no its a joke. take your time for this great mod.

TheDarkWraith
07-19-07, 12:47 PM

Did you receive a PM from me?

Ubåtskapten
07-19-07, 02:51 PM
Glad to see that someone is working on this very cool mod! :up:

java`s revenge
07-19-07, 03:34 PM

Did you receive a PM from me?

Yes i did.

Thx m8

TheDarkWraith
07-22-07, 11:25 AM
Multi-stage speed control is possible but for what I want to do with it I can't use it. The reason being the function it uses is linear and I can't make it an exponential one. I tried everyway possible to implement this for the smoke and it's a no go. That being said I'll await an update from my BETA testers tomorrow (7/23/07) and if all is well I will release the speed controlled exhaust smoke for VIIb sub on Tuesday (7/24/07) for all to enjoy. The exhaust smoke for the other subs I should have completed here soon. :|\\

Ubåtskapten
07-22-07, 05:54 PM
Multi-stage speed control is possible but for what I want to do with it I can't use it. The reason being the function it uses is linear and I can't make it an exponential one. I tried everyway possible to implement this for the smoke and it's a no go. That being said I'll await an update from my BETA testers tomorrow (7/23/07) and if all is well I will release the speed controlled exhaust smoke for VIIb sub on Tuesday (7/24/07) for all to enjoy. The exhaust smoke for the other subs I should have completed here soon. :|\\
I can't wait to try it on my VIIB!:arrgh!:

Keep up the good work.:up::up:

Penelope_Grey
07-22-07, 06:22 PM
Gosh them boats are creating more smoke than I used to with a Don Tomas between me lips!:doh:

Hartmann
07-22-07, 06:34 PM
in the menu video of GWX there are one example of exhaust fumes, now it can become true in sh3 :up:

TheDarkWraith
07-22-07, 07:19 PM
Gosh them boats are creating more smoke than I used to with a Don Tomas between me lips!:doh:

The smoke output has been tamed down tremendously. You'll just barely see some at 0 knots and at ahead flank it's enough to see but not overly done. I'll be including a tweak file for it so that everyone can adjust to their taste. That will probably be released later but I'll put the hammer down on this to get it done soon.

TarJak
07-22-07, 08:50 PM

Pen, you shouldn't say things like that. :oops: There are old men with bad hearts reading this...:rotfl::rotfl:

Mush Martin
07-22-07, 08:59 PM
@ Tarjak What? , you have a good heart old man.:rotfl:

@Racerboy :up::up:

TarJak
07-22-07, 09:39 PM
Less of the old and more of the good thank Mush!:lol: My ticker isn't dickie but I know of at least one other SS member who has a pacemaker and I'm not sure he could handle the mental image of a young lady seductively smoking a Don Tomas.:rotfl::rotfl:

Back on topic, This is looking really good RB. You were looking for the location of the exhaust ports on the IXD2 IIRC. They are circled below on this diagram:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6403/typeixd2hv2.jpg

TheDarkWraith
07-22-07, 10:28 PM
Less of the old and more of the good thank Mush!:lol: My ticker isn't dickie but I know of at least one other SS member who has a pacemaker and I'm not sure he could handle the mental image of a young lady seductively smoking a Don Tomas.:rotfl::rotfl:

Back on topic, This is looking really good RB. You were looking for the location of the exhaust ports on the IXD2 IIRC. They are circled below on this diagram:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6403/typeixd2hv2.jpg

Thank you kind sir! I've been searching for this info for days now. Now just to be sure, the IXD2 had exhaust ports on both sides in the same locations?

TarJak
07-22-07, 10:35 PM
that's my understanding. It was the same as the other IX hulls. IIRC almost all the Type IX's were constructed using the same basic layout with extra large fuel tanks and different conning towers being the chief points of difference.

SquareSteelBar
07-23-07, 12:15 PM
Hi Racerboy,

some days ago I posted a link in 'Dual exhaust for subs' thread where you can download blue tracings for several german sub types [e.g. IXD2], maybe you missed that.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=594012&postcount=40

Look for 'Auspuff' [muffler].

Greeting,
SquareSteelBar

TheDarkWraith
07-23-07, 09:55 PM
I have released the VIIb version for GWX. You can find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119131

Racerboy :|\\

SquareSteelBar
07-23-07, 11:03 PM
:up:

TheDarkWraith
07-23-07, 11:08 PM
Are the VIIc's exhaust ports located in the same spots as the VIIb?

SquareSteelBar
07-23-07, 11:30 PM
As I can see on the tracing - yes :yep:

TheDarkWraith
07-23-07, 11:38 PM
As I can see on the tracing - yes :yep:

Thank you! How about the VIIC/41?

d@rk51d3
07-24-07, 12:04 AM
Wheeeeeeeee! Now I just need a good excuse to go home early today.:hmm:

TarJak
07-24-07, 12:36 AM
Wheeeeeeeee! Now I just need a good excuse to go home early today.:hmm:
Here you go. :D

http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/89q3/skipwork.605.html

SquareSteelBar
07-24-07, 04:45 AM
Thank you! How about the VIIC/41? There's no special tracing of type VIIC/41. I'm almost sure it's the same position like type VIIC.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4844/typviicg2bi0.th.gif (http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=typviicg2bi0.gif)
:know:

TheDarkWraith
07-24-07, 10:51 AM
I have released the VIIc version for GWX of my speed controlled dual exhaust smoke mod. You can find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119155

Racerboy

A6Intruder
07-25-07, 01:17 PM
Hi Racerboy,
your wish is my order. Here a quite good picture of an Typ II sub. It is a finish version, but the only difference is the tower::up:
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6243/vesikko5zu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-25

TheDarkWraith
07-25-07, 01:39 PM
Hi Racerboy,
your wish is my order. Here a quite good picture of an Typ II sub. It is a finish version, but the only difference is the tower::up:
Shot at 2007-07-25

right on man! And the type II has exhaust ports on both sides in the same place correct?

A6Intruder
07-25-07, 01:45 PM
I found an other picture of a Type II Boat U11:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9376/u11zl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Kind regards:up:

TheDarkWraith
07-25-07, 01:48 PM
you really want this Type II developed don't you? Thanks for the info and I'll work on it when I return home tomorrow.

EDIT:

While driving home it occurred to me I don't have much information to go on for this Type II except for exhaust locations. So let me ask you all this: How should the smoke look in regards to the VIIb I designed? More, less, darker, lighter, more life (hangs around longer), bigger or smaller particles, etc. I should make it home this evening and commence work on this!

A6Intruder
07-25-07, 02:47 PM
you really want this Type II developed don't you? Thanks for the info and I'll work on it when I return home tomorrow.

EDIT:

While driving home it occurred to me I don't have much information to go on for this Type II except for exhaust locations. So let me ask you all this: How should the smoke look in regards to the VIIb I designed? More, less, darker, lighter, more life (hangs around longer), bigger or smaller particles, etc. I should make it home this evening and commence work on this!

In my opinion the smoke should be a little less than the VIIb, same colour (should be the same gasoline), same particles, same life. I think the engines where not so different, only litte less powerfull.
Kind regards:up:

TheDarkWraith
08-05-07, 01:11 AM
I have released a version of the VIIb SDDE with ADM for SH3 1.4b. You can find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=613115&postcount=1

I have also released v2.04 of the VIIb SDDE with ADM for GWX. You can find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=613111&postcount=92

AI sub, VIIc, and hopefully Type II to be released tomorrow (for SH3 1.4b and GWX where appropriate). Remaining subs still in the works.......:|\\

GT182
08-05-07, 12:26 PM
I hope you also do the Type IX B, C and D2.

BTW.... congrats on doing a fine job RB. :up:

TheDarkWraith
08-05-07, 12:58 PM
I hope you also do the Type IX B, C and D2.

BTW.... congrats on doing a fine job RB. :up:

Thank you sir! All subs will be done, it just takes time to get the ADMs right for them.

And the time has come to release the VIIc SDDE with ADM for SH3 1.4b. You can find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=613439&postcount=1

TheDarkWraith
08-05-07, 07:18 PM
Here's a little sneak peek at what I was able to do to the AI Sub in GWX 1.03:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/104313/oklgcjrxsp.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/104313/pefhxxbzqz.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/104313/cvkctyfifb.jpg

Hopefully will have it all packaged up and available within the next couple of hours.....maybe less......:|\\

TheDarkWraith
08-05-07, 08:49 PM
It's now available!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=613780&postcount=1

Don't forget that I've incorporated the TGAs into the DAT file and made them overridable. Here's a shot showing a solid red TGA in place of 7c_41_Exhaust_R2 on the AI Sub:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/TazmanianDevilR/104313/qwmfuccwvs.thumb500.jpg

Now I have to work on the sub A6Intruder sent me. I like it very much.

TheDarkWraith
08-05-07, 11:37 PM
Hi Racerboy,
Shot at 2007-07-25

Well I got the code in the files for the Type IIA but after firing it up in SH3 (1.4b) I noticed that the exhaust ports are missing from the skin! Does someone have a skin with the exhaust ports for the Type IIA? I'll need one for all the type II's probably for the SH3 1.4b versions. I haven't dove into the GWX versions yet.
Ok now, I can code and all but haven't done anything with skins or such so you'll have to tell me how to add a new skin to this. :huh:

Nokia
08-15-07, 09:00 AM
Hi Racerboy,
Shot at 2007-07-25
right on man! And the type II has exhaust ports on both sides in the same place correct?
I think that the type II only has one exhaust port (atleast i can't any on the left side) as seen in this picture
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8656/vesikko123lq0.jpg
Sorry for the large pics large size but it's better to have a bigger pic so it's easier to see.
And A6Intruder not only is that the Finnish version that's Vesikko the original Type II prototype :)

TheDarkWraith
08-15-07, 09:13 AM
Is this correct? The TypeII only has one exhaust port? Can someone please verify this that knows more about the subs than I do. Thank you in advance!

A6Intruder
08-15-07, 11:48 AM
I think the big picture above proves that there is in fact only one exhaust on the right side. In fact i like it because it is different to the other subs who had all two exhausts. :up:
Kind regards

TheDarkWraith
09-16-07, 12:06 PM
Anybody know where I can find a skin that shows the exhaust ports on the IXD2?

lutzow
09-16-07, 12:38 PM
I found two : - Fubars IXD2 Late War [skin doesn't exist on Fubar FF page so i
uploaded it 4U]
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/781/02fubbj0.png
http://files.filefront.com/skin+IXD2+Late+Warrar/;8570368;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/skin+IXD2+Late+Warrar/;8570368;/fileinfo.html)
- Dansteins IXD2 Rustbucket
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3333/06danfh3.png
http://files.filefront.com/IXD+rustbucketrar/;6654407;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/IXD+rustbucketrar/;6654407;/fileinfo.html)
:up:

TheDarkWraith
09-16-07, 01:33 PM
I found two : - Fubar's IXD2 Late War [skin doesn't exist on Fubar FF page so i
uploaded it 4U]

Thank you sir! Now I can finish the exhaust smoke for this sub.

lutzow
09-16-07, 01:37 PM
Also here - latest Fubars skin for this U type [on Fubars FF page]
http://files.filefront.com/IXD2rar/;8456222;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/IXD2rar/;8456222;/fileinfo.html)
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9118/ixd2hd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)