PDA

View Full Version : What would you like changed in GWX 1.04?

Nuoz
06-30-07, 09:24 PM
Before it is relesed i would like to point a few little nothings that in my oppinion would benefit the game. I'm only starting this because GWX said 1.04 is the final version.

Positive boyance: It's accurate but shouldn't you be able to keep your depth once you press the "A" key, at a given speed? I remind you the "A" (default) key stands for "keep current depth" and should you not alter your speed, you should be able to keep the current depth. As it is, once you hit the "A" key you'll return to a depth in which the positive boyance effect will take place. ie if your are at 1 knots and order 90meters (but you know you really want 80m), once you pass 80m you'd hit the "A" key to keep 70'ish. You should keep 80. It's not a major issue though...

Incorporation some different mods would do wonders for the game ie bigger dials and remember while doing so the white letters looks terrible in the white background. I have to have installed 2 different mods in addition to GWX just to be able to mavouver the U-boats with precision - "my favourite dials" and "tactical green" (note, i don't know the real name for the "my favourite dials" mod. i'm sorry). This is not getting us any new subsim members as you can imagine.

Sometimes it seems patrol crafts pin-point my depth without using a sonar ping. I don't see how this could happen. Altough this isnt confirmed. Maybe they got lucky? Is it a standard proceedure for the AI to aim to the bottom. Duh then again, how would they be sure?

My 2 cents. Thank you for reading

JScones
06-30-07, 10:10 PM
Positive boyance: It's accurate but shouldn't you be able to keep your depth once you press the "A" key, at a given speed? I remind you the "A" (default) key stands for "keep current depth" and should you not alter your speed, you should be able to keep the current depth. As it is, once you hit the "A" key you'll return to a depth in which the positive boyance effect will take place. ie if your are at 1 knots and order 90meters (but you know you really want 80m), once you pass 80m you'd hit the "A" key to keep 70'ish. You should keep 80. It's not a major issue though...
Simply enable the "Reduced Positive Buoyancy" optional mod that comes with 1.03, which will be core in 1.04.

Incorporation some different mods would do wonders for the game ie bigger dials and remember while doing so the white letters looks terrible in the white background. I have to have installed 2 different mods in addition to GWX just to be able to mavouver the U-boats with precision - "my favourite dials" and "tactical green" (note, i don't know the real name for the "my favourite dials" mod. i'm sorry). This is not getting us any new subsim members as you can imagine.
A whole two mods, eh? ;) I have at least six or seven enabled to tune GWX to my tastes, and I think that is conservative compared to some players.

In other words, this is an individual taste thing. If the GWX devs catered for *everyone's* individual preference or gamestyle there'd be about 450 optional mods included, which would simply get confusing for everyone (the current 10 or so optional mods seem more than some can comprehend, LOL!).

This is why "after sales" mods for GWX exist; to provide that flexibility for individual players or groups of players without requiring *everyone* to d/l a piece of bloatware.

Sometimes it seems patrol crafts pin-point my depth without using a sonar ping. I don't see how this could happen. Altough this isnt confirmed. Maybe they got lucky? Is it a standard proceedure for the AI to aim to the bottom. Duh then again, how would they be sure?
Bummer when that happens, eh? But again, there's mods out there that reduce this effect for those that want to. ;)

Brag
06-30-07, 10:21 PM
The only thing that doesn't work for diddley hoochies on Sh3 GWX is the weather.

I don't know what the technical difficulties are, but we could have weather systems move in 2 different areas:

North Atlantic, North Sea--Gale, moderate seas, fog, light seas fog
Central Atlantic--Gale, moderate seas, scattered squals. Could even have the Intratropical Divergence Zone move north and south 10 degrrees.

It would be nice to see scattered towering cumulous clouds and scattered showers.

A few more whitecaps and sparkling little waves in moderate and light wind conditions.

GoldenRivet
06-30-07, 10:26 PM
lighted ships in early 1942 off the US east coast would be a nice addition.

AI torpedoes would be a nice addition as well.

ddwayne
06-30-07, 11:59 PM
@JScones :rock: :up:

Schöneboom
07-01-07, 01:17 AM
Ah, that's easy: Fewer and more relevant radio messages, esp. for the German text version. If I really want to keep up on what the Wehrmacht is up to, I can listen to OKW broadcasts (or change the station). Every new radio-telegram breaks my TC, which just drives me Funkin' crazy when it's not naval-related -- worse still, old news gets re-transmitted when I return to a saved game! Aaaarrrgghh!!!

Jimbuna
07-01-07, 04:43 AM
@Nuoz

Nice try, but no cigar :nope: It's a little late for new additions now I'm afraid.

Alpha testing is well underway and a beta version is due on ***** ;)

IMO and as Jaesen has already pointed out, there are sufficient additional mods out there to fine tweek peoples preferences :yep:

Enjoy the forthcoming GWXperience :up:

bigboywooly
07-01-07, 06:24 AM
Ah, that's easy: Fewer and more relevant radio messages, esp. for the German text version. If I really want to keep up on what the Wehrmacht is up to, I can listen to OKW broadcasts (or change the station). Every new radio-telegram breaks my TC, which just drives me Funkin' crazy when it's not naval-related -- worse still, old news gets re-transmitted when I return to a saved game! Aaaarrrgghh!!!

Cant remember who provided the Geman radio messages but you can delete the unwanted ones from the text file

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWX1.04\data\Campaigns\Campaign

Edit the file messages_de

Nuoz
07-01-07, 06:53 AM
Thanks for caring GWX, we appreciate your replies. Btw the AI patrol changes you are working on are sweet. I hope the testing is going well. Best regards and good work! :arrgh!:

STEED
07-01-07, 06:59 AM
Well only two minor thing please change the the number of eels from 21 to 22 for the IXB as 22 is the correct number. Start date of the IXD2 from Jan43 to Sept42 which was it's correct date.

TwistedFemur
07-01-07, 07:17 AM
tone down the uberness of the ai :yep:

Just my 2 cents (not really expecting it to happen):know:

bigboywooly
07-01-07, 07:21 AM
Well only two minor thing please change the the number of eels from 21 to 22 for the IXB as 22 is the correct number. Start date of the IXD2 from Jan43 to Sept42 which was it's correct date.

:hmm:

STEED
07-01-07, 07:25 AM

:hmm:

Dead easy, I just got fed up uninstalling and reinstalling when the patches come out due to some thing clashing which I done, I suspect it was above but I may be wrong.

Nice to have it changed out right this time round, of course if possible and not to late in the day.

Cheers.

Jimbuna
07-01-07, 07:42 AM
Already sorted :up:

[SUBMARINE_AMMO6];IXB
Type=2
Version=0
ForeTubes=4
AftTubes=2
ForeResIntern=4
ForeResExtern=5
ForeResExtra=2
AftResIntern=2
AftResExtern=3
ShellSlots=12
NbYears=7
Renown=7
SNK_MASK=NSS_Uboattype9_SNK_mask

Kpt. Lehmann
07-01-07, 09:23 AM
I've already fixed the loadout for the IXB in the GWX 1.04 file to be 22 torpedoes.

Am also considering IXD2 date of introduction.

For those that consider the enemy AI to be too Uber, you need to read the sticky up top and/or appendix C of the included GWX manual.

bigboywooly
07-01-07, 10:41 AM
Me and Jaesen just changed the IXD2 Kpt

Kpt. Lehmann
07-01-07, 10:44 AM

Cool. Thank you, I'll cross it off my list, for both Cfgs.:up:

STEED
07-01-07, 12:46 PM
Thanks Guys. :up: :up: :rock:

Nuoz
07-01-07, 02:51 PM
Seems like some people (me included) use the O periscope to spot incoming depth charges.. Did this happen often in real ww2?

Jimbuna
07-01-07, 02:57 PM
To spot incoming depth charges ? :hmm:

Never as far as I am aware, the water was too murky :nope:

TigerShark808
07-01-07, 08:20 PM
To spot incoming depth charges ? :hmm:

Never as far as I am aware, the water was too murky :nope:

Obviosly the water would be too murky. Unless your on the equator the water is almost always of poor visuability. The North atlantic is far from the med or south pacific .

TarJak
07-01-07, 09:20 PM
Apart from the danger of getting glass shove in your eye!

:rotfl:

kiwi_2005
07-01-07, 10:43 PM
Destroyers firing torpedoes at uboats when at persicope depth

When at persicope depth hunting a convoy not only will you have to be weary of that destroyer close by but your have to watch out for his torpedoes!

Marko_Ramius
07-01-07, 10:55 PM
Hi,

I really wish to be implemented in 1.04 is a mod like "TW_periTdc_forGWX" :sunny:

But with "integreted orders" working ; And the dials not poping-up in Chart view ... (just in periscope view is enough).

I really wish this cause it's a pity to navigate threw views over and over ..

WilhelmSchulz.
07-01-07, 11:26 PM
Marko_Ramius, nice name. :up:

JScones
07-02-07, 05:57 AM

Cool. Thank you, I'll cross it off my list, for both Cfgs.:up:
Yep. And I didn't even need to remind BBW to do the second Basic.cfg either, LOL! :rotfl:

Nuoz
07-02-07, 07:39 AM
Accurate and fixed periscope depths maybe adapted to the positive boyance used :)

Puster Bill
07-02-07, 12:37 PM
A playable Type XXIII. Replace the IIA with a XXIII, and make it only available from late 1944 (or perhaps mid 1944, would be interesting to go after the ships from Overlord).

Type XXIII's, while limited to two shots, did have some success in WWII. None were sunk by enemy action, and several sank ships, including the last two sunk in the war.
The Type XXI showed up too late to do anything.

sunvalleyslim
07-02-07, 01:11 PM
Whatever the GWX Dev Team comes out with, I know it will be awesome, Thanks Guys for hours of fun.........:up: :up: :up:

Iron Budokan
07-02-07, 02:15 PM
Maybe I'm alone but I would like to see more detail in the cities and ports: more cars, people, etc, moving around, better detailed buildings, that kind of thing. But I guess that would be pretty low on the list of things to do since we tend to spend so much time out on the ocean...:hmm:

Sailor Steve
07-02-07, 03:46 PM
Accurate and fixed periscope depths maybe adapted to the positive boyance used :)
No, I don't think the positive bouyancy is accurate at all. You should never be able to 'hover' at periscope depth. As with NYGM's negative bouyancy, you should start up and keep coming up until you speed up again. Only coming up 2 meters is the thing I like least.

Mowinz
07-02-07, 04:04 PM
I have noticed the deck gun seems to be more effective and does more damage at medium ranges 1500 - 2500. Recently, I hit a small merchant up close (less than 1000m) with 5-7 deck gun blasts and it wouldn't sink.

I would also like to see better AI Deck and Flak gunners sink more boats and down more aircraft. Sure, it's fun taking control of the guns but it's cool to see the action from the binocular view.

Cheers

Greystone
07-02-07, 09:59 PM
Coming in kinda late on this, like placing my bet while the ponies are coming down the final stretch, but a quicksave would sure beat the stock 8-9 step save procedure; assuming it's even possible to do that...

TigerShark808
07-02-07, 10:12 PM
" what would you have changed in GWX4 ? "

The price ..I think it cost way too much ;)

Achtung Englander
07-03-07, 09:01 AM
GWX 1.3 is bloody marvellous.

I would like to see

- can we get an auto - update of the weather when it changes. Case in point - sunny and calm - go to x2048 for a day - go back to x1 - stormy and heavy fog and no one told me !!!!

- why don't the boats have star shells anymore ?

CapZap1970
07-03-07, 09:24 AM
I would like to have as an optional mod the chance to use GWX with color contacts, sonar and radar color lines, and all that stuff. That is, I would like to have the opportunity to use GWX 1.04 with other levels of realism since it's a great mod, but to enjoy all the wonderful great things it has, you have to be a hard-core SH3 player (realism lover). Don't you think GWX team, that it would be nice to make GWX accessible to all the players, even those who like to play with lower or much lower levels of realism, via optional mods? But that's just me.... :oops:
CapZap

Thniper
07-03-07, 09:49 AM
For GWX 1.04 I would like to have as many features as possible made 'optional' (via JSGME) so you can choose your individual settings for the game.:yep:

I liked the way it was done with a few additional features in GWX 1.03, like 'light harbour traffic' which really improved my game performance. Otherwise it would have been a slideshow.

Just my two cents.

Thniper

bgeorgalas
07-03-07, 10:16 AM
first of all i would like to thank all of those who have worked in GWX 1.03 and are ofcourse working for GWX 1.04....
I am not a programer so i don't know if any of the things i would like to see in the next version of GWX is feasible etc.....
So here we go:
1. I remember reading on another forum (from an interview from the sh3 creators) that the fate of the WW2 could not depend from a single u-boat...BUT what i would like to see is a limited amount of enemy ships once some of them are sunk (i.e. if I manage to sink a King George battleship in one patrol would be nice to know that for the next year or so there will be no King battleships around)...
2. Would be nice to add renown points for the contact reports one is able to send in base...
3. I would like to see random technical problems in my submarine's subsystems during a patrol (for example in the diesel engines)...(i think that with sh3 commander you have this possibility but since i have not installed it can't be sure)
4. Sometimes when I am attacking an enemy ship in the surface i have noticed that aircrafts are showing up (perhaps radioed?). If this is the case (the attacked ship radioes aircraft) wouldn't it be possible to radio also other merchant ships in the vicinity to "search for survivors"?
That's all I can recall for the moment....Thank you all for your magnificent work!

Thniper
07-03-07, 10:33 AM
3. I would like to see random technical problems in my submarine's subsystems during a patrol (for example in the diesel engines)...(i think that with sh3 commander you have this possibility but since i have not installed it can't be sure)

This feature is available if you use SH3 Commander.:yep:
Try installing the SH3 Commander 2.7, it has many other helpful features, too.

CapZap1970
07-03-07, 10:35 AM

This feature is available if you use SH3 Commander.:yep:
Try installing the SH3 Commander 2.7, it has many other helpful features, too.
yes...:yep:
It's the sabotage and malfunction option...
CapZap

Boris
07-03-07, 01:18 PM
Accurate and fixed periscope depths maybe adapted to the positive boyance used :) No, I don't think the positive bouyancy is accurate at all. You should never be able to 'hover' at periscope depth. As with NYGM's negative bouyancy, you should start up and keep coming up until you speed up again. Only coming up 2 meters is the thing I like least.

Huh, this confused me... :doh:

joemcg
07-03-07, 02:38 PM
Has the ship super agility issue been addressed at all? The idea of Large Tankers and Whale Factory Ships stopping on a dime then backing up and making turns that only a Lamborghini can envy always seemed a bit strange to me.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
07-03-07, 02:38 PM
Accurate and fixed periscope depths maybe adapted to the positive boyance used :) No, I don't think the positive bouyancy is accurate at all. You should never be able to 'hover' at periscope depth. As with NYGM's negative bouyancy, you should start up and keep coming up until you speed up again. Only coming up 2 meters is the thing I like least.

Huh, this confused me... :doh:

me to :doh:

Schöneboom
07-03-07, 03:03 PM
No, I don't think the positive bouyancy is accurate at all. You should never be able to 'hover' at periscope depth. As with NYGM's negative bouyancy, you should start up and keep coming up until you speed up again. Only coming up 2 meters is the thing I like least.

I think what Steve meant was: your boat should not just rise 2 meters when you're stopped -- it should keep on rising. The opposite can happen if you stop the pumps (silent running) for too long; eventually the bilges fill up and you should start sinking (not just a little, but continously) -- which I think was the NYGM "negative bouyancy" effect.

Then again, if both effects were modeled in SH3, maybe they would cancel each other out in the long run -- then you'd get something like "hovering" -- for a little while!:rotfl:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Steve.

Kpt. Lehmann
07-03-07, 04:29 PM
Has the ship super agility issue been addressed at all? The idea of Large Tankers and Whale Factory Ships stopping on a dime then backing up and making turns that only a Lamborghini can envy always seemed a bit strange to me.

As with other mods, we are unable to correct this matter. (Stock SH3 bug)

Sailor Steve
07-03-07, 05:34 PM

I think what Steve meant was: your boat should not just rise 2 meters when you're stopped -- it should keep on rising. The opposite can happen if you stop the pumps (silent running) for too long; eventually the bilges fill up and you should start sinking (not just a little, but continously) -- which I think was the NYGM "negative bouyancy" effect.

Then again, if both effects were modeled in SH3, maybe they would cancel each other out in the long run -- then you'd get something like "hovering" -- for a little while!:rotfl:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Steve.
Exactly what I meant. The captain shouldn't be able to say "Okay, if we stop the boat will rise two meters, so let's set our depth two meters lower than the rated depth". In real life if the boat starts to rise you have to speed up so the dive planes 'take a bite', or the boat will keep rising until it comes to the surface (or stops with the conning tower partly out of the water). If it starts sinking you would have to either speed up or run the pumps, both of which make noise.

I'd love to see a random 'rise' or 'sink' effect that had to be accounted for, but I know it's not possible with the game as it is. Oh well.:-?

Lord_Kitchener
07-03-07, 11:07 PM
This is an old one guys...sure it's been mentioned before but I would like to see the Captains bridge position moved up to the front and maybe lowered so his "feet" are on the deck and he isn't a foot taller than everyone else..just my two cents..great work everybody:D