PDA

View Full Version : I lost my mines...

dmlavan
06-27-07, 10:37 PM
I'm running SH3 w/ GWX 1.03, and have used the minefield/torpedo net pulldown map to plan my harbor transits. At one point, I decided to use the external camera to look at the minefields, and was unable to find one in either Wilhemshaven or Lorient. I then downloaded Diving Duck's visible minefield mod, and had no luck w/ that either. Finally, I've designed some test missions w/ the editor and placed minefields (fairly dense - 1000 per km2) and still can't find mines in the minefield. Is there another feature I need to enable to make the minefields active/visible?

Lzs von swe
06-28-07, 02:38 PM
They are there:yep:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/vonswe/SH3Img28.jpg

Pardon for asking, but did you look below the surface? If you did, I do not know the answer to your problem.

sunvalleyslim
06-28-07, 06:03 PM
I think I've lost my mind a few times................:D :D

dmlavan
06-28-07, 06:05 PM
I have looked below the surface as well (both using the DD Visible Mine mod and without). I'm assuming these are supposed to be floating mines, i.e. the spherical mine w/ protruding horns attached to its anchor by cable. I've seen "black spots" on the ocean floor, but no more than in locations than where there are not supposed to be mines.

Ubåtskapten
06-28-07, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know if the changes in DD's Visible Mine mod applies to all minefields or just some?
Cause at least outside Lorient the mines is still below surface with the mod enabled.:hmm:

Brag
06-28-07, 09:35 PM
I'm running SH3 w/ GWX 1.03, and have used the minefield/torpedo net pulldown map to plan my harbor transits. At one point, I decided to use the external camera to look at the minefields, and was unable to find one in either Wilhemshaven or Lorient. I then downloaded Diving Duck's visible minefield mod, and had no luck w/ that either. Finally, I've designed some test missions w/ the editor and placed minefields (fairly dense - 1000 per km2) and still can't find mines in the minefield. Is there another feature I need to enable to make the minefields active/visible?

I found your mines and your marbles, here they are :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.;)

dmlavan
06-29-07, 10:18 AM
I finally found them after much playing around w/ the SH3 Mission Editor. I was looking for a mine "field", and did not realize that when I build the boundaries using waypoints, all I get is a perimeter of mines.