PDA

View Full Version : LWAMI Mod Database Problem

GGLurch
06-04-07, 01:32 PM
Well - i just reinstalled my DW Game, patched it (1.04) and installed LWAMI 3.08 using the installer that comes with it. I then activated the mod using the JSGME Mod handling tool.

However - here is the thing:
I checked the new models and skins that comes with the mod - i can see them in the database using the DWEdit1_7_4_1 editor, but the models ingame (when playing the game) are the old ones. Here an example: the Victor III class: in the database editor i can clearly see red and white escape hatches front and aft and the texture is almost black, while the texture i see in the game has only two white spots for the escape hatches and is just gray. Also the 3d model is different - very good to see at the screw. However the new model and texture is in the database but not ingame. The same for the other models.
Also - if i want to take a look at the LA SSN 3d model using the database editor it says:"Missing Texture 7BLNATO.bmp" But the model seems to be painted.
I installed the game again, patched it and started it so see any differences with models between modded and unmodded game. Nothing - all the models are the original ones - with and without the mod installed (i checked the models which are mentioned in the LWAMI model credit file of course)

Im starting the game using one of the LWAMI splash screens to know if it is running.
Well the screen is there but not the models. Am I doing anything wrong? Is there any other way to tell that the mod got installed right? I am using a german version of the game - could that in any way be a problem?

Thanks for your help here.

OneShot
06-05-07, 04:34 AM
I am using a german version of the game - could that in any way be a problem?

Yep, thats the problem ... the extension for the DB files are different in the english, german and french version and the LwAmi Mod was written for the english version.

You have to rename the extensions of the modded DB to the correct extensions used by the german version, then it should work.

Cheers
OS