PDA

View Full Version : mod request

GoldenRivet
05-26-07, 10:34 PM
I would like to see a mod for the nav map to make it look more like the real kriegsmarine maps.

perhaps a white map with the land being gray, and instead of shades of blue representing the depth, place "water lines" with "30M" "50M" "100M" etc etc out to 300 meters depth.

is this possible?

or can someone tell me a way that i might expirament with doing this myself?

Lagger123987
05-26-07, 10:47 PM
I will make it! Can you teach me how to paint in the computer?

GoldenRivet
05-26-07, 11:19 PM
thats the problem i have... no idea how to open or modify TGA files - which im assuming thats what the map is.

here are some examples of what im talking about

http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/maps/MAPNAUT51480L.JPG (note the points on the chart showing depth of the water)

http://www.german-navy.de/pics/articles/marinequadrat001.jpg (note how the water is depicted as a white like color, and the land is more of a tan/brown with a gray hue)

just to make the in game map look more official and less game like.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-26-07, 11:25 PM

how the hell will you make it if you dont even know how to use paint programs
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

azn_132
05-26-07, 11:29 PM

how the hell will you make it if you dont even know how to use paint programs
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

U serious? almost everyone knos how to use the paint program in the comp.

GoldenRivet
05-27-07, 12:23 AM
i think he means tell him what programs to use and how to modify textures and the like in SH3...

any 3 year old with PC experience can use paint.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-27-07, 12:27 AM
i think he means tell him what programs to use and how to modify textures and the like in SH3...

any 3 year old with PC experience can use paint.

if his words (Can you teach me how to paint in the computer) arnt clear to u

GoldenRivet
05-27-07, 01:03 AM
it would be up to him to clarify... all i know is that there are several people on here who are not native english speakers - perhaps something was lost in the translation?

beats me

but yeah - painting on the computer is pretty basic.

but back to the delima at hand... it would be nice to have this sort of mod to add to the realism, if someone thinks they can tackle it please by all means do :) otherwise im willing to attempt it if someone can point me toward the class where one learns to modify the SH3 map.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-27-07, 01:46 AM
it would be up to him to clarify... all i know is that there are several people on here who are not native english speakers - perhaps something was lost in the translation?

beats me

but yeah - painting on the computer is pretty basic.

but back to the delima at hand... it would be nice to have this sort of mod to add to the realism, if someone thinks they can tackle it please by all means do :) otherwise im willing to attempt it if someone can point me toward the class where one learns to modify the SH3 map.

try the modderators of the GWX or WAC team... i know WAC has a other nav map then fully zoomed out

Webster
05-28-07, 12:43 PM
thats the problem i have... no idea how to open or modify TGA files - which im assuming thats what the map is.

here are some examples of what im talking about

http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/maps/MAPNAUT51480L.JPG (note the points on the chart showing depth of the water)

http://www.german-navy.de/pics/articles/marinequadrat001.jpg (note how the water is depicted as a white like color, and the land is more of a tan/brown with a gray hue)

just to make the in game map look more official and less game like.

use photoshop or paintshop pro program to open and change the TGA files.

change the shading and try it out, trial and error is the way much of it is done so just change things to your liking.

open other mods files and compare what they changed thats different from the stock files and that will guide you to which files effect what and you will learn.

VonDos
05-28-07, 04:52 PM
Hi! ^_^

Just open it with, for example, IrfanView; convert to *.bmp, work it in bitmap, open the modified *.bmp whit irfanview ad save the work in *.tga

It's easy, isn't it?