PDA

View Full Version : Downgraded my sub...

GnarPow
05-11-07, 11:06 AM
I came back into port with a pretty beat up sub, i had taken about 5 good shells in a battle and couldnt go below 90 feet or so b4 things turned bad so when I got home they asked me if I wanted to resign on a High note and I said NO so they gave me a porpoise class instead of another Sargo I had been driving, what BS that is.... Every mission b4 they kept trying to give me a gato sub but fearing the loss of my career I kept turning them down... I think next time I might have to accept so I am not in this old hoopdy :)

AVGWarhawk
05-11-07, 11:28 AM
Well come on sir. You damaged a submarine therefore if you want to continue with your career you get the old battle wagons that are berthed in the back of the harbor;). Bring this one home undamaged and we'll talk!

Always go for the upgraded sub because I believe if you continue on with the sub you have and it is stricken from the registry as a fighting sub, your career ends.

Deep6
05-11-07, 11:48 AM
Always go for the upgraded sub because I believe if you continue on with the sub you have and it is stricken from the registry as a fighting sub, your career ends.

If he did not have the fix for the forced career ending, he would still have his career ended (from what I understand, it goes by your original boats end date). If he has the fix, the dates the subs are retired should be passed the end of the war.

AVGWarhawk
05-11-07, 11:51 AM
The way I understand it is the career ender depends on the base and what year sub you have. I'm not sure of the particulars to it. I have kept upgrading and getting different bases on my current career. I' just started patrol number 8

GnarPow
05-11-07, 12:28 PM
I just finished patrol 7 and have over 500,000 tons sunk so you think they would give me a break if I bring home 1 damaged sub, lol

Part of not upgrading too is that I dont want to go to pearl harbor bc i did a pre 1.2 career out of pearl so I like Freemantle at the moment... real quick to the action

tycho102
05-11-07, 12:32 PM
The way I understand it is the career ender depends on the base and what year sub you have. I'm not sure of the particulars to it. I have kept upgrading and getting different bases on my current career. I' just started patrol number 8

You've got about 2 more patrols and then ur done.

AVGWarhawk
05-11-07, 12:33 PM
I just finished patrol 7 and have over 500,000 tons sunk so you think they would give me a break if I bring home 1 damaged sub, lol

Part of not upgrading too is that I dont want to go to pearl harbor bc i did a pre 1.2 career out of pearl so I like Freemantle at the moment... real quick to the action

Oh yeah, I agree. I love starting the Asiatic Fleet. My upgrade to the Drum I had to head to PH as a new base. It is not so bad. I full throttle it to Midway for fuel and then 10kts to the East coast of Japan. TC helps alot here on that distance. After two patrols from PH I find it is not so bad.