PDA

View Full Version : VIIC with turm/4

alamwuhk2a
05-10-07, 09:33 AM
Currently I modified the stock turm/4 to fit on my VIIC, while keeping my deck gun. However, my deck gun is just inside the turm, clipping. Can I move the turm a bit backward so that my deck gun shows? And one thing, I don't want to modify the VIIC.dat, since I don't want to affect other turms. Any ideas? Thx:up:

Mush Martin
05-10-07, 09:37 AM
Easier I think to slide the gun fwd a yard but I dont think theres
a way to do it with just the configs.

MM

Spytrx
05-10-07, 10:13 AM
I have the same problem with those placings - there's got to be a way to see a map of coordinates on the boot, but I reckon that is in the .dat file itself and I am no good with hex editors so all I hope for is that either Ubi is finally caving in and giving us the SDK (but that won't happen anymore apparently because it would allow people to bypass the security settings) or somebody cleverer than me to come up cracking the layout plan...

DivingDuck
05-10-07, 10:48 AM
Moin,
Currently I modified the stock turm/4 to fit on my VIIC, while keeping my deck gun. However, my deck gun is just inside the turm, clipping. Can I move the turm a bit backward so that my deck gun shows? And one thing, I don't want to modify the VIIC.dat, since I don't want to affect other turms. Any ideas? Thx:up: how about createing a new turm folder, copying the stock turm there and cloneing it? Then move the turmīs pivot to its front (with a 3d programme). This will set the turm a few inches/yards backwards. But thatīs just an idea.

Regards,
DD

HunterICX
05-10-07, 12:22 PM
Moin,
Currently I modified the stock turm/4 to fit on my VIIC, while keeping my deck gun. However, my deck gun is just inside the turm, clipping. Can I move the turm a bit backward so that my deck gun shows? And one thing, I don't want to modify the VIIC.dat, since I don't want to affect other turms. Any ideas? Thx:up: how about createing a new turm folder, copying the stock turm there and cloneing it? Then move the turmīs pivot to its front (with a 3d programme). This will set the turm a few inches/yards backwards. But thatīs just an idea.

Regards,
DD

what about the crew on the bridge?
wouldnt they be floating in the sky?

Spytrx
05-10-07, 03:05 PM
Moin,
how about createing a new turm folder, copying the stock turm there and cloneing it? Then move the turmīs pivot to its front (with a 3d programme). This will set the turm a few inches/yards backwards. But thatīs just an idea.

Regards,
DD

thought about that, but that seems even more complicated than finding the coordinates to place the gun - besides, I like the look of the sail as it is :yep: all I want is to add the cannon again...

Madox58
05-10-07, 08:02 PM
Move the M01 node forward about 1.5 meters.
But that will apply to all subs that use that hull.

alamwuhk2a
05-10-07, 09:48 PM
However, which node in the dat file of the turm is the pivot? I have to do it in hex since I have no 3D Programme:oops: , though I know how to hex:up:

Madox58
05-10-07, 10:05 PM
there is no node that determines the pivot in the Turm.
You must move the object with a 3D program.
You can edit the node on the hull that the turm sits on
but again, it will affect all turms that sit on this hull.