PDA

View Full Version : adding new ships

vindex
05-10-07, 03:40 AM
I have noticed several new ships in the mod list, such as whalers, hospital ships, etc. But I have been reluctant to download because I don't know how to add them to my career game properly. Is there a way to control when and where they will show up? I'd like to have some of those Russian ships cruising around the Sea of Japan, but I don't want to run into one off Java. What is the best way to integrate these things into the game?

Second question: I notice that some of the bigger mods (FTT, RFB) have additional Japanese ship types. Is there a way to download these separately from the mega-mods? If so, I have the same question as above.

t0maz
05-10-07, 05:42 AM
In RFB as far I know there is no new ships, only more names to not destroy immersion by sinking few times in career the same ship. New ships should be installed on top of RFB supermod.

Ships must by scripted into game to appear in campaign mode, but I dont know how to do that.

kakemann
05-10-07, 05:48 AM
If you go to the campaign folder in I think you're able to add them in the *.mis files.
There are several folders for the different years and different nations. forexample 41_taskforce_jp.
I'm not sure if you add more files here and add units to the files if they will be read and added to the campaign. I'll try this later and see what I find out - I'm not home right now...

Will post my results later :up:

jmjohnson36
05-10-07, 07:31 PM
I made the conversions of most of the ships...and some others I made if you run under normal resolution there shouldnt be any troubles...my ships "POWER PACKS" are JSoft ready