PDA

View Full Version : ****PEOPLE please read

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 08:52 PM
I have decided not to convert any thing more into SH4 or make any more mods for this game...I have never claimed anyone works and ALWAYS understood the hard work that people do that make the game so fun and real...so I found way to convert somethings and instead of keeping it to myself I thought I would share the wealth sorta speaking

But when someone...states I didnt give enough "thanks" or makes a fuss that Im taking something they made...(which I always asked) thats just bull.

...and ALL MODS are solely rights of UBISOFT no matter who makes them...the copyrights solely lay with them its their game read the pregame info...and copyright info...

enough said...for you guys who move on and make mods thanks...you guys are doing great...Im just done.

l3th4l
04-29-07, 09:07 PM
...and ALL MODS are solely rights of UBISOFT

i'd be careful about making unfounded statements like this :roll:

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 09:17 PM
I would read the ULA agreement and contact UBISOFT like I did 2 weeks ago. Regarding crossing over things from SH3 to SH4 and mods in that respect.

nvdrifter
04-29-07, 09:21 PM
Well, as far as I remember, you were releasing mods of converted ships without even mentioning the names of the original modders who spent hours and hours making those ships. So in my opinion, you were taking credit for someone else's hard work. I feel the same way sometimes when I spend hours making a tweak file file and then another modder spends maybe 20 minutes changing a few values using the tweak file I created, releases the mod, and then doesn't even bother to mention my name, a thank you ...nothing. Everybody praises that modder, saying 'great work', 'thank you thank you', and big thumbs-up. That is total and utter BS. And you did the same thing. :down:

Monica Lewinsky
04-29-07, 09:24 PM
But when someone...states I didnt give enough "thanks" or makes a fuss that Im taking something they made...(which I always asked) thats just bull.Chill out dude. Anyone modding and taking the time for us needs a Thank You. No need to go into orbit. Come back in a day and have a fresh attitude. I Admire and Respect the folks that give us a "mod" and make things better. You should not have this attitude - I/We love the folks that can mod. Just don't have just a short fuse.

I/We love you man for your efforts. :up:

Chock
04-29-07, 09:24 PM
Strictly speaking, if you make a mod for the game and it uses no original part of the game (i.e. you create an entirely new engine sound for the sim from scratch or similar) then it is yours, not UBISOFT's.

Sure, people could use it with a UBISOFT product, but that wouldn't mean it belonged to them.

It's a differnet matter it you mod an original file of course. But...

All your base are NOT belong to us.

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 09:28 PM
THATS BS---- I ALWAYS SAID thanks or mentioned to original modder AND ALWAYS Stated these were not my mods...I just changed them over...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

see this is what Im talking about...BS

Well, as far as I remember, you were releasing mods of converted ships without even mentioning the names of the original modders who spent hours and hours making those ships. So in my opinion, you were taking credit for someone else's hard work. I feel the same way sometimes when I spend hours making a tweak file file and then another modder spends maybe 20 minutes changing a few values using the tweak file I created, releases the mod, and then doesn't even bother to mention my name, a thank you ...nothing. Everybody praises that modder, saying 'great work', 'thank you thank you', and big thumbs-up. That is total and utter BS. And you did the same thing. :down:

clayton
04-29-07, 09:36 PM
I have decided not to convert any thing more into SH4 or make any more mods for this game...I have never claimed anyone works and ALWAYS understood the hard work that people do that make the game so fun and real...so I found way to convert somethings and instead of keeping it to myself I thought I would share the wealth sorta speaking

But when someone...states I didnt give enough "thanks" or makes a fuss that Im taking something they made...(which I always asked) thats just bull.

...and ALL MODS are solely rights of UBISOFT no matter who makes them...the copyrights solely lay with them its their game read the pregame info...and copyright info...

enough said...for you guys who move on and make mods thanks...you guys are doing great...Im just done.

Sorry to see you go!

Don't let those guys 'show you the way'!!!

NSDQ

DaMaGe007
04-29-07, 09:37 PM
JM, Stand up for yourself and dont let them bully you. Tell them to F off, and release what you want, giving credit as you did. GWX was released free anyway, no one is making money, so they have nothing to bitch about.

nvdrifter
04-29-07, 09:38 PM
THATS BS---- I ALWAYS SAID thanks or mentioned to original modder AND ALWAYS Stated these were not my mods...I just changed them over...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

No you didn't always remember to mention the original modder. You seem to have a short memory. Don't you remember your first ship conversion release for SH4? I guess not. You only mentioned the names of the original modders after they complained. You are not being truthful. :nope:

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 09:43 PM
Eh again...the readme HAD the credits given,... and I did not relize I had to post it everywhere Arnvart understood this...hes a good guy. AGAIN get your facts straight.

No you didn't always remember to mention the original modder. You seem to have a short memory. Don't you remember your first ship conversion release for SH4? I guess not. You only mentioned the names of the original modders after they complained. You are not being truthful. :nope:

akdavis
04-29-07, 09:48 PM
I don't understand. Did someone threaten to sue you? You are making a legal argument and then saying people shouldn't be offended or pissed off. I'm pretty sure this has more to do with courtesy, manners and community standards more than the law...

nvdrifter
04-29-07, 09:48 PM
Eh again...the readme HAD the credits given,... and I did not relize I had to post it everywhere Arnvart understood this...hes a good guy. AGAIN get your facts straight.

Releasing a mod of someone else's work and not mentioning their name in the original post IS taking credit for someone else's work. A lot of people don't read the readme files. But you are right, Ubisoft is technically the owner of every mod we release. But just because something is legal doesn't mean it's curteous or right to do it.

clayton
04-29-07, 09:50 PM

Who told you to push your push to talk button?

Do not confuse excitment in releasing a modification for the community, with a lack of integrity in taking credit for it. I have no doubt that a Major in the Rangers would do the right thing. What surprises me is that a Ranger would allow such fanboys to get the better of him...

NSDQ

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 09:54 PM
Drifter its not my intent to flash words back and forth...I understand what your implying...and I always stated like I said..."these are not my mods" anyhow..that post is not the issue...

the issue is that GWX person got upset because I changed over some stuff into Sh4 before they could.

Now lets end this back and forth...you GWX guys did an awesome job...I always said that...but to say I cant post something is sorta strange...

I thought of others...instead of keeping stuff to myself...guess that was wrong...

clayton
04-29-07, 09:56 PM

Do not confuse excitment in releasing a modification for the community, with a lack of integrity in taking credit for it. I have no doubt that a Major in the Rangers would do the right thing. What surprises me is that a Ranger would allow such fanboys to get the better of him...

NSDQ

So we should all bow down and admit he is right because his signature says he was a US Ranger major? Not all of us here worship fascist America.

What??? :huh:

Then why are you in a forum interacting on a game about a war between Japan and America?

jmjohnson36
04-29-07, 09:56 PM
Addressing my Ranger tab...and my rank is a different issue...LOL dont confuse my commitment to modding versus my ability as a soldier.

l3th4l
04-29-07, 09:59 PM
Strictly speaking, if you make a mod for the game and it uses no original part of the game (i.e. you create an entirely new engine sound for the sim from scratch or similar) then it is yours, not UBISOFT's.

Sure, people could use it with a UBISOFT product, but that wouldn't mean it belonged to them.

It's a differnet matter it you mod an original file of course. But...

All your base are NOT belong to us.

And even if you used original data the mod is not property of ubisoft. sure, they could sue you for using and redistributing copyrighted material but ownership of your work doesn't fall to them automatically. You own the modifications you made, unless, of course, it's done as contract work or something...

clayton
04-29-07, 09:59 PM
Addressing my Ranger tab...and my rank is a different issue...LOL dont confuse my commitment to modding versus my ability as a soldier.

Got it!

clayton
04-29-07, 10:20 PM

NSDQ

So we should all bow down and admit he is right because his signature says he was a US Ranger major? Not all of us here worship fascist America.

Then why are you in a forum interacting on a game about a war between Japan and America?

nvdrifter, did you want me to delete this post?

U-Bones
04-29-07, 10:35 PM

NSDQ

Interesting that the politics of hate surface in a gaming board.

clayton
04-29-07, 10:49 PM

NSDQ

If you want. ;)

I'll delete it in 24 hours.

I have to get some sleep because in five hours I've got to get up and put on the uniform.

I will never download your work again.

Boris
04-29-07, 10:53 PM
Bloody hell, talk about things getting out of hand.

Jmjohnson is not a criminal, even if he did (and of course he didn't) release mods without credit to previous modders.

The only thing he is guilty of is perhaps not being thourough enough. But this is just splitting hairs. Nvdrifter, you're acting as if this is high treason. I'm sure Jmjohnson had no malicious intent with in shortcomings in crediting. No need to come down on him like a ton of bricks, especially if he is a stranger to the unwritten social protocol of the modder.

nvdrifter
04-29-07, 10:59 PM

NSDQ

If you want. ;)
I'll delete it in 24 hours.

I have to get some sleep because in five hours I've got to get up and put on the uniform.

I will never download your work again.

I have decided to stop releasing SH4 mods and tweak files to this community because I don't agree with a lot of the attitudes in this forum. I don't hate anybody here. Just tired of the crap.

perisher
04-29-07, 11:32 PM

Yes, indeed.

This thread will make anyone who is thinking of trying his hand at modding think twice.

U-Bones
04-29-07, 11:43 PM

Jmjohnson is not a criminal, even if he did (and of course he didn't) release mods without credit to previous modders.

The only thing he is guilty of is perhaps not being thourough enough. But this is just splitting hairs. Nvdrifter, you're acting as if this is high treason. I'm sure Jmjohnson had no malicious intent with in shortcomings in crediting. No need to come down on him like a ton of bricks, especially if he is a stranger to the unwritten social protocol of the modder.
speaking of social protocol... for someone so sensitive about getting respect, remarkably little was given to others. I for one was offended by the facist America comment. I can't help that I was born here, or that I like it here. So piss off if you think I should feel guilty about it - I don't.

I could spend days debating which couhtries were and are more facist than others, and could probably argue multiple sides pretty well, but it's not the expected behavior here.

IMO nvdrifter was just in a snit (again) because he has not been getting the genuflections he felt he deserved, not because he respected anyone elses work.

Too bad the bile spewed out.

NefariousKoel
04-29-07, 11:47 PM
The modding forums aren't a great place to call Americans a bunch of Fascists. :shifty:

Perhaps you can take your attitude to General Discussion Nv? Thanks.

CaptainCox
04-30-07, 12:01 AM
WHAT THE H..L happened here while I was asleep, its a darn shame this whole business. We all love the franchise and we all love to mod it, but for some odd reason ppl are going stark raving mad! doing it, maybe its something in the code that triggers it.

I sort a missed the prelude to this, but reading through this thread I am at a total loss of understanding... Is this all about someone forgetting to mention someones name? ppl forget you know, and that don't make him bad or? Is it really that important, I mean THAT IMPORTANT! so you guys will go off sulking just cause you think someone (maybe 2-3 guys) might actually think someone else did the work other then you ( I am talking in general terms here).

Everyone that hangs around here know what GWX is and who did what, every one knows Beery and what he did, and believe me...nvdrifter is also a pretty known household name here at Sumsim's...There will be no misconceptions as to who took who's glory I think. Cause that's what this is about right?..glory. Men will be men...and the change to humans is still ongoing in this case, like in the real world.

Camaero
04-30-07, 12:05 AM
The modding forums aren't a great place to call Americans a bunch of Fascists. :shifty:

Perhaps you can take your attitude to General Discussion Nv? Thanks.
Yes.:down:

So I guess all the modders are quitting now?:doh: To all modders: There are a lot of people who appreciate your work, why would you let those who don't, ruin things for everyone else? Surely no one should lay down because of a few people critical of their work.

CaptainCox
04-30-07, 12:13 AM
Stupid pride...that is what this is. Again a very manly thing...

Spectre-63
04-30-07, 02:49 AM
speaking of social protocol... for someone so sensitive about getting respect, remarkably little was given to others. I for one was offended by the facist America comment. I can't help that I was born here, or that I like it here. So piss off if you think I should feel guilty about it - I don't.

I could spend days debating which couhtries were and are more facist than others, and could probably argue multiple sides pretty well, but it's not the expected behavior here.

IMO nvdrifter was just in a snit (again) because he has not been getting the genuflections he felt he deserved, not because he respected anyone elses work.

Here, here....I'd say a public apology was in order. Not only to jmjohnson, but to Americans in general. The 'fascist America' comment was grossly out of order.

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 03:04 AM

Here, here....I'd say a public apology was in order. Not only to jmjohnson, but to Americans in general. The 'fascist America' comment was grossly out of order.
I wasn't going to post anything else here, but I will say this. I wasn't calling all Americans here fascist. I was referring to what the US government and a portion of the US population is becoming (this is fact). And if anyone else didn't already notice, I did delete that previous post because I knew it might offensive to some people, but some just won't let it go. And if you want a public apology for me calling the US government fascist, keep waiting... because you won't get one from me.

I am happily leaving this modding forum, because I want no more part of the crappy attitudes I have seen here. I apologize to some of the other SH4 modders here who are actually... nice. To put it politely, this SH4 modding forum just isn't for me I guess.

CaptainCox
04-30-07, 03:07 AM
I would rather draw the parallel to the Roman Empire, maybe worse actually :p
If you are not with us...etc etc...well you know the story, i am sure ;)

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 03:19 AM
*Sigh* You were always one of the nice modders.. from day one. Sorry for my rant posts, just can't take any more of the garbage in this forum. ;)

I won't be posting here any more because I don't like what has happened to the SH4 modder forum. Such different attitudes here in the SH4 forum compared to what I am used to. I don't want any part of it. But I wish you a lot of luck modding SH4. You are making some great mods. :up:

Payoff
04-30-07, 03:37 AM
How does a thread about including proper credits for a mod turn into yet another bash America thread? Take it to the UBI forums where it belongs!

Engel
04-30-07, 03:37 AM
Mehh i want to use Mods. I dont care if they are released from a US, CAN, GER, or any other country Citizen. Please dont split up because someone forgot to mention a name in a Readme and please dont call someone names.

On a Sidenote: I am greatfull for the actions the US Gov. took. Why? Because germany is not the most disliked ( I didnt said hated!) Country anymore :roll::rotfl:
/sarcasm off

joea
04-30-07, 03:39 AM
*Sigh* You were always one of the nice modders.. from day one. Sorry for my rant posts, just can't take any more of the garbage in this forum. ;)

I won't be posting here any more because I don't like what has happened to the SH4 modder forum. Such different attitudes here in the SH4 forum compared to what I am used to. I don't want any part of it. But I wish you a lot of luck modding SH4. You are making some great mods. :up:

You are one of the nice ones too dude, take care and I hope you'll stick around the other forums even if you no longer come here. I am a bit chagrined by the attitudes here as well. All modders deserve a round of applause. :rock:

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 03:49 AM

You are one of the nice ones too dude, take care and I hope you'll stick around the other forums even if you no longer come here. I am a bit chagrined by the attitudes here as well. All modders deserve a round of applause. :rock:
Thanks. :D I will still be helping out with the next version of GWX. I think there are a lot of good people in this forum, but some bad apples, too. I just can't deal with any more 'modder wars', 'battle of the modders', 'we are right.. you are wrong' attitudes. Already went through all that in the SH3 forum a few years ago. Maybe someday the Sh4 modder forum will reach the same level of maturity and good will that the Sh3 forum had reached. Maybe someday some of these SH4 modders will actually learn how to work together instead of against each other. So much more could be accomplished.

Schunken
04-30-07, 04:52 AM
everybody here complain about violation about copyright should take a close look at his hard disks and delete the mp3, movie, and game folders....:doh: .

..who be without any sin feel free to throw the first stone... (found in bible, copyright have the lord, but I ask for permission in a prayer....)

Andreas

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 04:56 AM
everybody here complain about violation about copyright should take a close look at his hard disks and delete the mp3, movie, and game folders....:doh: .

..who be without any sin feel free to throw the first stone... (found in bible, copyright have the lord, but I ask for permission in a prayer....)

Andreas

:rotfl:

castorp345
04-30-07, 05:25 AM
I have decided to stop releasing SH4 mods and tweak files to this community because I don't agree with a lot of the attitudes in this forum.
what, again?

how many times is it now that you've left-off from sh4?...

ah well, quelle demage.
:88)

and as well, for someone who's happily leaving this modding forum you sure do seem to return to post rather frequently.
:roll:

'sure is interesting some people's ideas about "maturity"
:doh:

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 05:44 AM
I have decided to stop releasing SH4 mods and tweak files to this community because I don't agree with a lot of the attitudes in this forum.
what, again?

how many times is it now that you've left-off from sh4?...

ah well, quelle demage.
:88)

and as well, for someone who's happily leaving this modding forum you sure do seem to return to post rather frequently.
:roll:

'sure is interesting some people's ideas about "maturity"

This really is the last time, thanks to people like you. :shifty:

CaptainCox
04-30-07, 05:55 AM
Ohhhh Common guys...this is not the 2nd grade or something. Its almost summer, sun is shining, at least here (global warming can be a good thing...for some years at least :p) life ain't that bad hey.

@nvdrifter, you have a lot of knowledge as to regards to the whole SH franchise, don't let some kids get to you man, you are to long in the game for that crap. If your decision still stands in a couple of days (when stuff cooled down a bit) I can only regret it deeply.

I was just gonna dig in to the HEX stuff, and who better to ask then you. Well I hope you still will be around in the SH3 forum as you said, so i hope you won't mind me prowling in there now and then ;)

heartc
04-30-07, 06:03 AM

Hehe, don't tell me you are surprised, clayton. That's the tip of the iceberg you just ran accross. You wouldn't believe how many Anti-Americans - and, in fact downright revisionists - are dwelling in the forums as soon as some Nazi sim / Nazi side is available. IL-2, Warbirds, WWIIOl, SH, doesn't matter, I've seen this for years. Of course, no "Heil Hitler" going on, but Goebbel's would still be proud. Calling America "Fascist" makes Nazi Germany look a lot less evil in an instant, see? And some do hate America so much that they enjoy blowing them up in a simulation.
Do you think everyone who was bitching that SHIV would feature US subs in the PTO was just a U-Boat fanatic? Everyone says so of course, but not with that virolent bitching we got from some, I tell you.

Alex
04-30-07, 06:09 AM
And if anyone else didn't already notice, I did delete that previous post because I knew it might offensive to some people, but some just won't let it go. And if you want a public apology for me calling the US government fascist, keep waiting... because you won't get one from me..

I just can't deal with any more 'modder wars'.

IMHO, first, I just want to say that if you leave this site, we're going to lose one of our greatest modders. Respect, Mr Nvdrifter. :rock:
Also, I think if you really can't deal any more with "modder wars", you would apologize : it's the only thing you could do to avoid this war now. :-?

Calling the US government fascist is not unimportant, you know :hmm:, especially on the SH4 forum, a game dedicated to american submariners... :roll:
I hope you're going to reconsider your decision to leave this forum, cause if you would have been american, I'm pretty sure you would have asked for apologizes too. In fact, when you see anybody coming on the SH3 forum to say "hey guys, I'm sure you're all nazis cause you have the swastika on the german flag", how do you consider this man ? :hmm:...........................
Same thing for what you told about the american government. If you still think what you told about it, then, just show us your arguments, that's what forums are for.

I think it would be better for all of us (for you cause you like this game, and for us cause we don't want to lose such a great modder ;) ) to see your apologizes, a forum is something that has to stay constructive, and not a place to show pride. :dead: :down:

Most respectfully yours ;),

Alex

heartc
04-30-07, 06:23 AM
I wasn't calling all Americans here fascist. This is getting old. So you are saying that just about 50% of the US population are fascists because of their democratic decision that wasn't the one you would have liked to see, yes? You call people fascist?

I was referring to what the US government and a portion of the US population is becoming (this is fact).
Now, is it fascist or is it becoming fascist? Make up your mind. But in either case, it is factually wrong and you know it. Every 6 year old can see that. But you are already so distorted by Anti-American media coverage and your own commie / revisionist agenda that you don't notice it anymore.

And if anyone else didn't already notice, I did delete that previous post because I knew it might offensive to some people, but some just won't let it go.
Yeah, those bastages. Can't just go into an international forum and label half the people there fascists and they just won't let go, huh? Yeah yeah, I know, just the Bush voters are the fascists. That's what your media told you, huh? You are not fascist, of course. No.

castorp345
04-30-07, 06:43 AM
This really is the last time

are you sure about that??
:lol:

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 06:44 AM
I wasn't calling all Americans here fascist. This is getting old. So you are saying that just about 50% of the US population are fascists because of their democratic decision that wasn't the one you would have liked to see, yes? You call people fascist?

I was referring to what the US government and a portion of the US population is becoming (this is fact).
Now, is it fascist or is it becoming fascist? Make up your mind. But in either case, it is factually wrong and you know it. Every 6 year old can see that. But you are already so distorted by Anti-American media coverage and your own commie / revisionist agenda that you don't notice it anymore.

And if anyone else didn't already notice, I did delete that previous post because I knew it might offensive to some people, but some just won't let it go.
Yeah, those bastages. Can't just go into an international forum and label half the people there fascists and they just won't let go, huh? Yeah yeah, I know, just the Bush voters are the fascists. That's what your media told you, huh? You are not fascist, of course. No.
This thread is getting ridiculous, really. I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I never said 50% of the American population is fascist. I said a portion is, whish is true in any country. I am not calling any particular American on this board a fascist. I wish people would stop twisting my words around. What is this, a witch hunt or something? Most of the Bush voters didn't know what they were getting when they were voting for him. Let's just let this go already, ok?

castorp345
04-30-07, 06:46 AM
This thread is getting ridiculous, really. I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I never said 50% of the American population is fascist. I said a portion is, whish is true in any country. I am not calling any particular American on this board a fascist. I wish people would stop twisting my words around. What is this, a witch hunt or something? Most of the Bush voters didn't know what they were getting when they were voting for him. Let's just let this go already, ok?
so, i'm confused...

is this ^^^ really the last one???

:ping:

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 06:52 AM
And if anyone else didn't already notice, I did delete that previous post because I knew it might offensive to some people, but some just won't let it go. And if you want a public apology for me calling the US government fascist, keep waiting... because you won't get one from me..
I just can't deal with any more 'modder wars'.
IMHO, first, I just want to say that if you leave this site, we're going to lose one of our greatest modders. Respect, Mr Nvdrifter. :rock:
Also, I think if you really can't deal any more with "modder wars", you would apologize : it's the only thing you could do to avoid this war now. :-?

Calling the US government fascist is not unimportant, you know :hmm:, especially on the SH4 forum, a game dedicated to american submariners... :roll:
I hope you're going to reconsider your decision to leave this forum, cause if you would have been american, I'm pretty sure you would have asked for apologizes too. In fact, when you see anybody coming on the SH3 forum to say "hey guys, I'm sure you're all nazis cause you have the swastika on the german flag", how do you consider this man ? :hmm:...........................
Same thing for what you told about the american government. If you still think what you told about it, then, just show us your arguments, that's what forums are for.

I think it would be better for all of us (for you cause you like this game, and for us cause we don't want to lose such a great modder ;) ) to see your apologizes, a forum is something that has to stay constructive, and not a place to show pride. :dead: :down:

Most respectfully yours ;),

Alex

Thanks for your kind words, Alex. I am not the greatest modder, but I have tried to help the community in the ways I know how. I think you do understand me more than some of the people here who are trying to twist my words around and call me anti-American. I realize that fascist government conversations have no place on this board, that is why I deleted that statement, but others are trying to keep this alive and brand me as anti-American, which is total BS. This is turning into a witch hunt, and I want no more part of this forum. This is just another reason for me to leave here- a good example of what I have been talking about. I will still be around, just not contributing to the SH4 forum. ;)

fredbass
04-30-07, 07:11 AM
Every time I see these kind of back and forth posts going on, it just makes everybody look bad because it's all just a bunch of immaturity. We're all human and make mistakes. It's just that some people are better at reacting to them more than others, really.

U-Bones
04-30-07, 07:13 AM

Thanks for your kind words, Alex. I am not the greatest modder, but I have tried to help the community in the ways I know how. I think you do understand me more than some of the people here who are trying to twist my words around and call me anti-American. I realize that fascist government conversations have no place on this board, that is why I deleted that statement, but others are trying to keep this alive and brand me as anti-American, which is total BS. This is turning into a witch hunt, and I want no more part of this forum. This is just another reason for me to leave here- a good example of what I have been talking about. I will still be around, just not contributing to the SH4 forum. ;)
You did contribute to the community, then you split it in half with hateful comments. Gee thanks. At least you had the good sense to realize you made a mistake and delete the post. I can even respect your sticking to your position, even if it is one diametrically opposed to mine. But I think the branding was by your own words, so don't pin that on anyone but yourself.

There was no witch hunt here, unsolicited bile was spewed. Don't act suprised that people who got splashed reacted unfavorably.

Is it BS that a few people read what you said and were offended faster than you could delete ? Or was the BS what came out of you ?

heartc
04-30-07, 07:17 AM
I wasn't calling all Americans here fascist. I was referring to what the US government and a portion of the US population is becoming (this is fact).
I never said 50% of the American population is fascist. I said a portion is, whish is true in any country.
Ohhhhhhh, so that's what you meant. With that first quote, you really wanted to talk about the skinhead minorities you can find in all countries. Maybe "Weasel" would better fit you as a handle?

I am not calling any particular American on this board a fascist.

Most of the Bush voters didn't know what they were getting when they were voting for him.
So they are not really fascists after all. Just dumb. I see.

but others are trying to keep this alive and brand me as anti-American

Gotta love it.

Witch hunt? When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
I know your ilk can get away with that **** these days most of the time, in many places. But this time you met the wrong person. And now I'll rest my case, point made.

Alex
04-30-07, 07:19 AM
@ Nvdrifter : You're welcome, mate. ;)
I'm happy to know that you'll still be around on this site, among us.... But be sure I'll always be here wishing for your return at modding such creative things as longer repair times. :p

joea
04-30-07, 07:25 AM
sure is interesting some people's ideas about "maturity"

Look in the mirror bub. :shifty:

Alex
04-30-07, 07:33 AM
:yep: :yep: :yep:

castorp345
04-30-07, 07:38 AM
Look in the mirror bub. :shifty:

thanks, joe!
i would've forgotten to shave today otherwise...

TopCat
04-30-07, 07:42 AM
What a crappy thread! I really hope someone will close this as soon as possible and the best would be to completely delete it.

There is no sense in posting unrefined political offenses of any kind in such a forum. :down:

nvdrifter
04-30-07, 07:43 AM
So now all fascists are skinheads, huh? :rotfl:The ignorance and immaturity in this thread is unbelievable. :o I'm outta here. Take care all. ;)

heartc
04-30-07, 07:57 AM
What a crappy thread! I really hope someone will close this as soon as possible and the best would be to completely delete it.

"Make it go away, make it go away, please! And make it it never happened!" ;) Only works for forums, though, just as a sidenote.

castorp345
04-30-07, 08:21 AM
this whole lovely exchange reminds me of a short passage from one of my favorite authors (and i'll leave it to you literatti out there to discern who it is) ~

"What has infused my very blood with an unconquerable hatred of the whole tribe of fools from the day of my birth is that I become a fool myself whenever I am in their company. They are, however, to be distinguished from the class of men whom we term stupid, for since the stupidity of the latter is due only to their lack of education, I rather like them. I have found some of them who were very decent and whose stupidity was almost a kind of wit. They are like eyes which, but for a cataract, would be extremely beautiful."

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bosch/fools/fools.jpg

and as for bile ;) ~

Quand le ciel bas et lourd pèse comme un couvercle
Sur l'esprit gémissant en proie aux longs ennuis,
Et que de l'horizon embrassant tout le cercle
Il nous verse un jour noir plus triste que les nuits; ...

Boris
04-30-07, 09:15 AM

I go to sleep and eight hours later this has degenerated into a slinging match :lol:

Is anyone really paying attention to the real issue at hand? In my eyes (I have little idea if anything is going on behind the scenes) this war has come from a minor infringement of modder courtesy, that could have been fixed amicably in a second. Instead we are told that the SH4 mod forums are a warzone, and a haven for bad attitudes.
Now i'm not having a go at you Nvdrifter, but it was more peaceful than the SH3 forum, until you flung some exaggerated accusations here.
Don't get me wrong, you're obviously a good guy, and respecting others is your thing. I'm just confused about what's gotten you pissed off so much as to want to leave. I get stressed out too sometimes, but remember, the people sitting at home are usually nicer in person than they seem here.
I've been accused of being involved in these wrongdoings for some reason... I have no idea why, but it's water off a ducks back. I still can't see what the big deal was though.

I'll be sorry to see you leave for this.

Wilcke
04-30-07, 09:26 AM
Could these issues not have been resolved through PM's and a moderator? I meant before it degenerated...a lock would have been useful about 20 posts ago.

Thanks

Wilcke

Boris
04-30-07, 09:33 AM
Could these issues not have been resolved through PM's and a moderator?

It was attempted I think, but jmjohnson has decided to stop modding as a result.

danlisa
04-30-07, 09:48 AM
I have to agree with Boris, this is no longer about MOD Etiquette, for whatever reason.

If I wish to use someones version of a file, graphic or sound then I follow some simple rules.....

1) Contact the Creator, Team or 'Owner' of said file by PM (before even starting work),
2) If the above is no longer available, make reference to this in the release thread & readme,
3) If permission is obtained/granted then include the details in the release thread & readme.

I think I had to hold off working on a skin for a week until the creator replied to my PM but I did wait.

Yes the community is about sharing & improving on released work/mods but we must respect other peoples wishes in doing so.

None of us are perfect in this regard but I feel the relevent information must be included in the release thread of any mod otherwise the 'owner', creator or team are going to be understandably annoyed after downloading the mod to find thier files have been used.

Just the rules I set myself, there maybe better ways to accomplish this but the above will/should stop situations like this arising.

My 2p.:up:

N.B. How many people used the default skins out of GWX to create their own custom skin? Did you all contact Fubar & gain permission? It's too easy to forget isn't it?;)

Barkhorn1x
04-30-07, 10:00 AM
Oh, good Lord, close this thread already. :yep:

(Hey, maybe wanting to stifle this thread is a confirmation of my American Red State fascist tendancies :shifty:).

TDK1044
04-30-07, 10:36 AM
Thread closed.