PDA

View Full Version : Refit only adds reserve torpedoes?

Father
04-28-07, 06:46 PM
Is this normal, I only get 2 reserves added which leaves me with 4 empty tubes still, almost pointless.

perisher
04-28-07, 06:58 PM
I find that a refit fills all my reserve racks but not any empty tubes. Two ways of looking at it. The Depot Ship is short of torps, so accept it; or, set out and load your empty tubes, then return and refit again.

SteamWake
04-28-07, 07:00 PM
The trick is to put your reserves into the tubes before refitting.

Unless of course you used em all in which case Id suggest a little better planning.

Grus
04-28-07, 07:05 PM
unlike when you dock, and you oversee the torpedoe loading ( i.e. you bomb up yourself) and load tubes and all.

When you refit, you go to the Officer Mess for a stiff scotch and some idle chatter, only to find out once back at sea that the lazy bilge rats in the torpedoe room only load them on board and did not load up the tubes:stare: , so you about face and head harbour, on the way back you work those lazy rats by doing loading time trials and see if they can load em all up before refit :arrgh!: so whilst they refit the remaining torpedoes, you go have another stiff drink and find a quiet bit of wall in the Officers mess :damn:

End state, I find you have to refit twice to ensure that your tubes are full as well, don't know if it is a glitch or not.

Grus

tycho102
04-28-07, 07:12 PM
If you're out of torps:

1. Refit, all stop, general quarters, reload using time compression. If you have "auto-loading" selected, you will need to unselect it and reselect it, in order for it to work. Otherwise you're doing manual dragging -- which is pointless on an empty refit, because you're getting nothing but mark14's.

2. Secure from general quarters (wery important!). Go to the navmap, click the upper-right corner anchor icon. Select refit again.

3. Party on, dude. Full tubes and reserves.

Yanaran
04-28-07, 07:29 PM
You don't need to wait for the torpedoes to reload, the game removes the reserves immidietly. Just refit, click the auto-reload button twice (off then on), then refit again.

SteamWake
04-28-07, 08:57 PM
You don't need to wait for the torpedoes to reload, the game removes the reserves immidietly. Just refit, click the auto-reload button twice (off then on), then refit again.

:o :o ohhh kay

Razman23
04-29-07, 07:55 AM
Hmmmmmm, I usually just drag the new torpedoes straight from the left side to the empty tubes and they are instantly there. I havent refitted since the 1.2 patch so I dont know if that has been changed.

Mudrik
04-29-07, 10:23 AM
Good advice there Yanaran. I also always refit and then refit again. Never found the need to click auto reload though. Just do a double refit. Saves a lot of messing about with torps once back in dock doesn't it