PDA

View Full Version : menu1024_768 changes won't enable

bert8for3
04-24-07, 09:04 PM
Fixing up a couple of menu1024_768 edits into JSGME-enable format, I'm finding that the edited file doesn't seem to be overwriting.

I've got the right folder structure btw for JSGME enabling, checked that.

It's just a couple of Pos edits in two blocks to get rid of the slideout station menu and the screen/station titles. I've tried enabling several times now, but the blocks don't show the edits after enabling. They are the same as before.

Is there any reason why this would happen?

edit: Oh, btw, I have noticed when enabling in JSGME that I am not getting the msge that the file has previously been changed (by a prior dial mod).

Jimbuna
04-25-07, 03:53 AM
Are you using SH3Cmdr and if so have you performed a 'rollback' ? :hmm:

bert8for3
04-25-07, 05:45 AM
Are you using SH3Cmdr and if so have you performed a 'rollback' ? :hmm:

Yup and yep.

danlisa
04-25-07, 05:48 AM
What folder structure do you have?

i.e Altered Menu.ini > data > cfg > etc......

If you are not getting a conflict message then your copy is not going to the same place as the original.

bert8for3
04-25-07, 06:13 AM
What folder structure do you have?

i.e Altered Menu.ini > data > cfg > etc......

If you are not getting a conflict message then your copy is not going to the same place as the original.

Aaaahhhh :oops: . I'd stared at the folder structure I don't know how many times as the first thing to check, and each time my eyes and what passes for a brain told me it was ok. Especially as I'd done a couple of others and they were fine ... how could this one possibly be wrong ... no way. Now I look again and folder structure is [modname]>Menu>filename when it oughta be [modname]>data>menu>filename. :damn:

Thanks for making me look at it again. ... [cut to visual as bert8for3 slinks slowly and sheepishly back into his cave ...]

JCWolf
04-25-07, 06:28 AM
Yea, you have to be very carefull when
you make a mods JSGME compatb. Folder structure,
cause if you don't it will install it anywere on the
SHIII file strocture...

JSGME never fails my friend,
Mechanincs are allways right!:yep:

Jimbuna
04-25-07, 10:39 AM
Thanks for making me look at it again. ... [cut to visual as bert8for3 slinks slowly and sheepishly back into his cave ...]

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Very honest and brave of you kaleun :up:

bert8for3
04-25-07, 01:06 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Very honest and brave of you kaleun :up:

:lol: Sometimes you just gotta 'fess up.:D

edit: [... all that could be seen of bert8for3 was two eyes peering out of the darkness of the cave ... ] :rotfl: