PDA

View Full Version : GWX & War Aces

nfitzsimmons
04-24-07, 08:23 AM
Can these co-exist, or do I need two separate installations?

danurve
04-24-07, 08:31 AM
They are two separate supermods. If by co-exist you mean combine them, no. You'll need an install for each one.
GWX has it's own installation routine.
WAC can be installed with JSGME.

nfitzsimmons
04-24-07, 08:44 AM
They are two separate supermods. If by co-exist you mean combine them, no. You'll need an install for each one.
GWX has it's own installation routine.
WAC can be installed with JSGME.

Thanks. That what I suspected. Oh well, there goes another 6 GB of drive space, (sigh.) I knew that 2-250's wasn't enough space when I built the box.

Kaleun Cook
04-24-07, 02:52 PM
plz share your experiences when you installed it. there's definately a lack of threads comparing the different supermods.

danurve
04-24-07, 03:58 PM
KC; Im not sure I understand the obsession with comparison.
I mean posting a thread about the differences and simliarities would become outdated and ill compared because of tweeking and custom installs and updates.
Even If I listed all the steps of installation to what happens on my machine at the time with 1gig of ram compared to 2 gigs, still my tastes are not yours and vice versa. In the time it takes to post all that jazz it would be easier for you to go to download each mod your wanting to compare and check them out for yourself. Or at least go through the manuals or readme-history files. In the end you'll probably want to try them out for yourself.
Granted if you don't have broadband downloading a few gigs can chew time.

P_Funk
04-25-07, 01:25 AM
I think that for noobs, especially ones that aren't as wholly committed to SH3 as we are, downloading 2 whole mega mods is a bit daunting. A comparison in general terms also wouldn't get out of date. The spirit of each mod is fundamentally different in places so explaining the different goals and effects in general is valid I think.

Kaleun Cook
04-25-07, 01:51 AM
I think that for noobs, especially ones that aren't as wholly committed to SH3 as we are, downloading 2 whole mega mods is a bit daunting. A comparison in general terms also wouldn't get out of date. The spirit of each mod is fundamentally different in places so explaining the different goals and effects in general is valid I think.

Also it costs a whole lot of time to compare them like that since you'd have to go on at least one patrol in each mod. I'm sure here are some bad sh3aholics around here that have done that and could compare their experiences. I'm not thinking of a complete comparison. Just chosen keywords could be lined up (Damage Control, Convoy behavious, RL events, whatever). Of course one can always keep modifying the installation via installing minimods, but that's no reason not to compare the vanilla supermods.

danurve
04-25-07, 08:39 AM
I appologise if I sounded arrogant in my last post. You guys are correct people want to know, or at least should want to know and look for manuals or readme/history files at least.
I know that hansolo is working on a manual for WAC perhaps it will be ready for a future update. But to create such a thing correctly, accuratly, with details and in two languages is alot of work for one guy. I don't know if there will be such a thing for NYGM but the forum does have a sticky for it.

If it helps at all (for WAC information) heres a few details:
http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Version_History.html
http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Kampagne.html
http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Andere_Features.html
http://mysh3.info/WAC/wacscreens.html

P_Funk
04-25-07, 08:55 AM
I think that above anything else you need to improve download availability. I would have tried WaC before had it been just as easy as getting GWX.

And if more people that have tried GWX and NYGM give it a go it will allow them to speak with some knowledge of the mod and therefore advertise for it when noobs come a calling.

I can tell you that if I do get a hold of WaC I'll host it on Filefront and link it in my sig. Just to be friendly.:up: