PDA

View Full Version : Printable Recognition Manual

GoldenRivet
04-23-07, 07:11 PM
Is there a printable recognition manual anywhere?

say like a pdf file of all the ships in GWX in recognition manual format?

I have searched but found nothing really to go on.

thanks

down and out
04-23-07, 11:37 PM
Not seen one

You can always make you own

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea

Open each ships folder and copy the .sil tga to another file and make a pdf out of them :up:

GoldenRivet
04-24-07, 12:31 AM
Not seen one

You can always make you own

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea

Open each ships folder and copy the .sil tga to another file and make a pdf out of them :up:

specifics?

i tried the chessmaster program to open TGA files but when i access the folder for each individual ship from within the chessmaster program there are no associated file types... (at least its my understanding that is what the chessmaster program is for, editing tga files)

Also what format does the image file have to be in, in order for it to open with adobe.

or correct me if im going about this entire process all wrong.

I found an old "build your own" leatherbound book kit - originally it is supposed to be a personalized journal. but the binder is made of real leather and all of the pages have an antique look about them with no lines or markings on the paper... it is a blank slate BEGGING to be turned into a very nice recognition manual or something similar.

Not that i would probably use it all that much because the one in the periscope view is so handy, but it would be a neat thing to have accomplished and it would be a nice way to quick reference information about ships.

I have already completed and printed a speed conversion chart for one minute and two minute observations complete with period emblems, borders and even the reich seal in light blue on the bottom right hand corner (as if rubber stamped). looks very cool.

for anyone not familiar with my other replica document work look here...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_JGyMlGQKTSM/RfzBxH9lVoI/AAAAAAAAAAU/AdxKXg7ZVks/s1600-h/DSC00412.JPG

im trying to make it at least this nice for printing and maybe others can use it as well.

Spytrx
04-24-07, 04:59 AM
Nice pic (like to see more if I could) - though the award is not correct...

the last word 'verliehen' or 'anerkannt' (awarded) is missing after the date otherwise it makes no sense... ;)

Spytrx
04-24-07, 05:01 AM

the last word 'verliehen' (awarded) is missing after the date otherwise it makes no sense... ;) ( i have a look around what it should read when I find the time)

danlisa
04-24-07, 05:37 AM
@ Goldenrivet

TGA files are only viewable by image editing suites. For example, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro (both cost) or GIMP (free).

Once you have opened these TGA files you'll need to save a copy as a JPEG or BMP (do not overwrite the original).

Then get yourself a free PDF maker (try Primo PDF). Open MS Word, import and arrange all the jpg/bmp files you just created for the recog manual as you see fit. Then goto print and select Primo PDF from your active printers and follow the instructions.

Hey Presto, 1 PDF Recog manual.:up:

Spytrx
04-24-07, 06:55 AM
I knew I find it:

http://img9.imagepile.net/img9/620ritterkreuz-04.jpg

hope that helps you make the necessary corrections...

_Seth_
04-24-07, 09:38 AM

thanks I think Miss Behavin posted a download of a rec. manual in the SHIII forum...:up:
Edit: here it is:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112488

Jimbuna
04-24-07, 11:05 AM
Did they not mean he recognition manual used 'in game' ?:hmm:

GoldenRivet
04-24-07, 11:27 AM

the last word 'verliehen' (awarded) is missing after the date otherwise it makes no sense... ;) ( i have a look around what it should read when I find the time)

Strange... it was copied exactly from an award document shown to me by a German Militaria Collector who not only lived in Germany for over 15 years but speaks the language fluently. According to him it was "Fantastic"

What exactly is it missing? im not sure i understand. If i missed something i would love to correct it.

ReallyDedPoet
04-24-07, 11:35 AM

thanks I think Miss Behavin posted a download of a rec. manual in the SHIII forum...:up:
Edit: here it is:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112488

Seen that, nice:up:

Spytrx
04-24-07, 02:24 PM
Strange... it was copied exactly from an award document shown to me by a German Militaria Collector who not only lived in Germany for over 15 years but speaks the language fluently. According to him it was "Fantastic"

What exactly is it missing? im not sure i understand. If i missed something i would love to correct it.

Well, there are a lot of forgeries about and if you need something translated, ask a native (I learnt that in Arabia the hard way) ;) - I posted a picture of an original for you to look at...

basically after the date the word 'verliehen' is missing. You forgot to say that it has been awarded (lit translation) - if you look at the style in the picture it is also different from the original (I remember my grandfathers, that's how I spotted your mistake straight away). PM me for more details if you need, I am happy to help (as most Germans here would I am sure)...

GoldenRivet
04-24-07, 02:38 PM
i see, so im missing the awarded word.

i was concerned because of the line in your post which read

"otherwise it makes no sense."

leading me to believe that the entire document was incorrect.

I have seen a great number of these award documents out there and some of them say "verliehen" and others do not. what is the difference?

i have also noticed that many of the documents look different in format and style depending not only on the year that they were awarded, but also the branch of service... Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, SS, Wehrmacht etc.

is the only substantial error the missing "verliehen" or does the whole document not make sense?