PDA

View Full Version : Small mod-related issue

KeptinCranky
04-21-07, 07:12 AM
Hi,

I've recently run into a littel problem, namely, the names in my recognition manual (and as a result of that lso the names in my captains log after a patrol) have been changed

before they were just the standard GWX names, large merchant, tramp steamer and such, now it just gives me the codes like BBKGV for the king george V or KCA for a passenger cargo and C3Cargo for ,well, a large merchant :-?

This only happened after installing the following mods marked in red

GWX - Reduced Positive Buoyancy
Torpedo damage Final
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX-Tails grey_Colored WarShip
Longer Wakes v1.0 for GWX
IIA U-Boat Skin {1}
FUBARSVII58 mrk 2
HMS_Cumberland
HMS_Devonshire
HMS_Norfolk
HMS_Suffolk
IXB WHEATHERED 58
IXC WHEATHERED 58

all others don't seem to cause this problem, could anyone give me any tips on how to fix this or tweak it back to what it's supposed to be in gwx?

thanks,

Jimbuna
04-21-07, 07:31 AM
If your using SH3Commander, tick the 'use real ships names' box. That should solve the log issue :arrgh!:

KeptinCranky
04-21-07, 04:19 PM
Thanks Jim

unfortunately, my log seems affected even with the option checked, I never uncheck it, it's one of the features that drew the commander to my attention, now I might have made the classic mistake of not rolling back sh3 before installing those last few mods :damn: so if i uninstall them using JSGME then rollback again just to make sure, then reinstall, would that fix the problem? (I know a bit about mod-installing thanks to Morrowind and Oblivion so I won't be scared by more difficult solutions)

thanks again

down and out
04-21-07, 04:30 PM
Hi
Check in

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea

and look for EnglishNames.cfg

Should be like

BBNevadaA=Nevada class
BBKingGeorgeV=HMS King George V
BBDukeOfYork=HMS Duke of York
BBPrinceOfWales=HMS Prince of Wales

----------------------------------

KSQ=Tramp Steamer
LSQ=Tramp Steamer
KBL=Small Freighter
KSS=Small Merchant
LSS=Small Merchant

Sounds like its missing as your are just getting the class names

KeptinCranky
04-21-07, 04:48 PM
yes, that confirms what I suspected, I did look in those, but didn't in fact find anything missing, It was late last night though, I'll check those out again, just to make sure

P_Funk
04-21-07, 06:30 PM
I think that I read that if you don't rollback commander that many files will be permanently corrupted and that it is only a matter of time before you run into major issues.

Forgetting to rollback is basically terminal most of the time.:down:

KeptinCranky
04-22-07, 01:17 AM
Nothing so terminal as of yet, thankfully JSGME makes a backup :up:, and with a little ingenuity I've got my shipnames back, as well as those added by the mods also I can now report that it's the HMS Norfolk package that caused the whole mess by overwriting the englishnames.cfg. I've fixed this by removing that particular file from the mod package and manually adding the correct name to the existing.cfg package in notepad, it seems to work when loading the museum, I'm now going to test it out in the game just to make sure but I'm not expecting any trouble

KeptinCranky
04-22-07, 05:40 AM
update: yep that fixed it thanks for the tips :up:

Jimbuna
04-22-07, 06:59 AM
Glad to hear it matey :D :arrgh!: