PDA

View Full Version : Another possible mod?

GoldenRivet
04-20-07, 11:34 PM
You know when you arrive in port and your crew starts looking around at everything like they have been smoking dope?

could that situation of arriving in port be a trigger for an event such as crew standing on deck... like this

http://www.uboataces.com/uboat-photo.shtml?uniqky=20051116540154844

would it be possible to model crew on the deck in that manner?

Jimbuna
04-21-07, 07:45 AM
Great idea GR :yep: .....hoping for a positive response :up: :arrgh!:

Kaleun Cook
04-21-07, 07:47 AM
Plus those flags for the sunken ships! Remember AoD? :arrgh!:

GoldenRivet
04-21-07, 11:36 AM
i just got to thinking about how you can man the flack guns and the deck gun... there should have been a harbour stations option where it was all non-essential personnel on deck.

based on books i have read this was mandatory when entering and leaving port.

probably one of those mods that would require the SDK

Madox58
04-21-07, 12:57 PM
haveing been digging into the sub related dats and such,
I'll offer a thought.

1st, I think back then the crew would have been comeing down for a
meth high, not smokein' dope.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

2nd, I don't know yet if it's hard code or what but we could look at breaking
the animation link, create models to look like that from existing crew objects,
or Weapons crew models, creat a new node and place them? :hmm:

Hey!
Shoot me down if it can't be done!!
I'm guessing at this point.

Sailor Steve
04-21-07, 05:14 PM
I agree. Crew-on-deck and the KM flag when entering and leaving port, and tonnage pennants when returning from patrol would be cool.:sunny:

P_Funk
04-21-07, 06:26 PM
The tonnnage pennants sound the hardest to me. How would you be able to get the game to read your singings for the patrol, then create the pannants? Its not hard to do from a developers standpoint but it seems rather difficult to get a variable thing like that to work without an SDK.

To my mind the only really plausible way to implement the pennants would be to either have a fixed animation of them that appeared whenever you got near port. Or you could have it as an SH3 Commander thing. You quit before you head for port and you reload with SH3 Commander and it adds the files and pennants by reading your captain's log. It would break up the immersion factor but what the hey.

Meridian
04-22-07, 02:28 AM
What we need is some little program that can generate a pennant and copy the files into the relevant SH3Commander folder. I can't write programs but the idea being this:

A program with a GUI interface. You type in the date your patrol ended, how many kills and the prog generates a pennant and copies it into the relevant date folder of SH3Commander. Just thinking out loud here.

If you have the patience you could just set up a template in Adobe or similar and generate one yourself and copy it manually, bit tedious though after a while.

Kaleun Cook
04-22-07, 03:53 AM
Aren't the career cfgs written wile you are on patrol? I'd say one wouldn't need to have exact ton counts on the pennants. That programm just needs to be able to count the normal ships and combat ships and to produce white and red pennants. But anyway, of course it would be nice, but it's just eye-candy so I don't think anyone will volunteer to pick up such an ammount of work. ;)