PDA

View Full Version : Morse Code followed by Enigma Machine

Hawk U-375
04-18-07, 09:54 PM
I had an idea while watching "Das Boot" again...:hmm: I took the Morse code sound that Henri gets.....you can hear him writing down the letters and switching the dials....I have him saying "Cipher Officer"..then you hear him walk over to have the message decoded. I added the Enigma Machine being used. Onces again your able to hear the message being written down....and then Announced that it is finished.

I use German speech when playing (like the realism)...this is my first crack. I was wondering "What people think of it?" Any comments or suggestions are Greatly appreciated.....

I was going to do all the german voices to it.....at least for my self...:know:

Is any body intersted?http://files.filefront.com/Morsecode_Enigma_Machine_dogg/;7279268;/fileinfo.html

poor sailor
04-19-07, 02:00 AM
Interesting, but how to put this mod in sound folder? I think that this file have a different name in compare with other files in sound directory:hmm: Or It have to go in gramophone folder? Well, It's will be interesting to me, maybe if I change the name of file for example to "RaM_P_New_message_received.ogg" then I'll have it in game, when message arrived.

Spytrx
04-19-07, 03:31 AM
Sounds interesting, tough you can tell the last bit is pasted on (if you listen with headphones), but don't you think it is a little too long? This'll only work for people that go around the map real time speed...

Hawk U-375
04-19-07, 04:19 AM
Well, It's will be interesting to me, maybe if I change the name of file for example to "RaM_P_New_message_received.ogg" then I'll have it in game, when message arrived.

Sory i didn't specify this...:oops: Yes i will rename all of them the proper ogg.file name for "RaM_P_New_message_received.ogg".....so that when a message recived you will hear it. I have to go back nd change the 8 other voice overs....which i will post once done.;)

Hawk U-375
04-19-07, 04:27 AM
Sounds interesting, tough you can tell the last bit is pasted on (if you listen with headphones), but don't you think it is a little too long? This'll only work for people that go around the map real time speed...

I will work on the last part ;) and make it blend better (didn't realize about headphone's :cry:). Long yes, but I feel it gives more realism. Everything depends on the radiolog mod you have. If you get ALOT of messages ingame it could be a pain but I think it add's to the realism of hearing the Enigma Machine. When I speed up the game for long journeys on the map I have the "Message recieved command" drop my game to 1x speed. Once read I speed it back up.:yep:

danurve
04-19-07, 02:15 PM
Well, here is my take. The msg received ogg I got with 2.0-2.15 was something of what hawk mentions. Sound clip from DasBoot, edited and a bit lengthy imo even without any added morse code.
I have about 2000 radio msg on file that includes the near 500 from my time-line text mod. So add that to any other time the game want to play this sound.
Do I want to hear that lengthy ogg play every time?
My solution was to make another edit and add a bit of morse code, a real short Cipher sound folowed by signal decoded. Done.
You can check out this file at mysh3.info/sh3downloads.html if you like. Replacement ogg.
Now that is just how I like the sound to be. You can use the file, clip the morse from it if you like it, it's just a sound file have fun.
Others may be interested in the longer playing msg received bit for the flavor to the game they want, go for it!

poor sailor
04-19-07, 02:52 PM
Well, here is my take. The msg received ogg I got with 2.0-2.15 was something of what hawk mentions. Sound clip from DasBoot, edited and a bit lengthy imo even without any added morse code.
I have about 2000 radio msg on file that includes the near 500 from my time-line text mod. So add that to any other time the game want to play this sound.
Do I want to hear that lengthy ogg play every time?
My solution was to make another edit and add a bit of morse code, a real short Cipher sound folowed by signal decoded. Done.
You can check out this file at mysh3.info/sh3downloads.html if you like. Replacement ogg.
Now that is just how I like the sound to be. You can use the file, clip the morse from it if you like it, it's just a sound file have fun.
Others may be interested in the longer playing msg received bit for the flavor to the game they want, go for it!
I was tried your sound file, but only I don't like is English speech. Is there a German version? Because in my game I use German audio with English text and have a perfect atmosphere in game.

danurve
04-20-07, 09:07 AM
poor sailor; I don't have a German version but the one Hawk has made is. Im thinking as long as he doesn't mind you could use something like GoldWave and crop after "..signal decoded" in German.
Not trying to hijack the thread, I just wanted to point out the length of this particular sound being played. Even the original one I used in english is the clip from Das Boot at the end Capt. says "One moment (english)". Well it is preceeding a possible attack in the movie and I have many many msg where that just does not sound right.

Hawk U-375
04-20-07, 11:29 AM
poor sailor; I don't have a German version but the one Hawk has made is. Im thinking as long as he doesn't mind you could use something like GoldWave and crop after "..signal decoded" in German.
Not trying to hijack the thread, I just wanted to point out the length of this particular sound being played. Even the original one I used in english is the clip from Das Boot at the end Capt. says "One moment (english)". Well it is preceeding a possible attack in the movie and I have many many msg where that just does not sound right.

I don't mind at All....;) ....That's what makes this Forum sooooo great....we share ideas and work together....:smug:

I'm still messing around with my Goldwave....and the sounds....will post more results...:hmm: I'm trying to cut down on the length.

Einsman
04-21-07, 06:26 AM
I had an idea while watching "Das Boot" again...:hmm: I took the Morse code sound that Henri gets.....you can hear him writing down the letters and switching the dials....I have him saying "Cipher Officer"..then you hear him walk over to have the message decoded. I added the Enigma Machine being used. Onces again your able to hear the message being written down....and then Announced that it is finished.

I use German speech when playing (like the realism)...this is my first crack. I was wondering "What people think of it?" Any comments or suggestions are Greatly appreciated.....

Is any body intersted?http://files.filefront.com/Morsecode_Enigma_Machine_dogg/;7279268;/fileinfo.html

Hello Hawk!!
I have modified your file. As it had much atmospheric noise, I have used with the Audacity a High pass filter. As the sound has a minute of time in the beginning it sounds the Morse. In order to give a little him more realism (not if I have obtained) I have reduced the volume of the signal (first 35 seconds) to give to the sensation of that one is in the Zentralle and it is listening to it from there. When it begins to sound the blows of key of the machine Enigma I have increased the sound to give the sensation of which one is in the same room of radio reading the message.

The file is here: http://files.filefront.com/Morsecode_Enigma_Finalogg/;7293671;;/fileinfo.html

My english is horrible. Excuse me.

PD. If you are molest with the modification, I erase the file and I request excuses to you.

Hawk U-375
04-21-07, 07:28 PM

Hello Hawk!!
I have modified your file. As it had much atmospheric noise, I have used with the Audacity a High pass filter. As the sound has a minute of time in the beginning it sounds the Morse. In order to give a little him more realism (not if I have obtained) I have reduced the volume of the signal (first 35 seconds) to give to the sensation of that one is in the Zentralle and it is listening to it from there. When it begins to sound the blows of key of the machine Enigma I have increased the sound to give the sensation of which one is in the same room of radio reading the message.

The file is here: http://files.filefront.com/Morsecode_Enigma_Finalogg/;7293671;;/fileinfo.html

My english is horrible. Excuse me.

PD. If you are molest with the modification, I erase the file and I request excuses to you.

Great Job!!!! :up: ....I like it ALOT....
what i want to do is blend the final Officer voice better....once we do that i think we will have a Great sound for Realism......Will work on it. Once we have a set line i will incorporate it with the other voice files....:hmm:
Great Job!:rock: