PDA

View Full Version : timetravelers mini tweaker - where are the files?

Webster
04-17-07, 06:39 PM
i was reading the info on the minitweaker and it said....

"Program works with all patch versions, however you must customize the program's tweak files to your particular game version. Tweak files supplied are for SH3 patch version 1.4b."

where can i find files for gwx103 or do i have to search out each file individually and make my own tweak files folder?

Spytrx
04-17-07, 07:25 PM
I have uploaded them here (http://files.filefront.com/TTMiniTweaker__TweakFilesrar/;7269101;/fileinfo.html) for you - should be the complete collection including the particles...

Reece
04-17-07, 09:04 PM
All of the files are in the Library folder, as I understand it a lot of the GWX files have been modded extensively & you need a different set of tweak files to use, where you can get them I don't know, just thought I'd caution you.:yep:
Cheers.

Webster
04-17-07, 09:22 PM
thanks spytrx but those are the tweak files i already have installed.

the read me says clearly, "you must customize the program's tweak files to your particular game version. Tweak files supplied are for SH3 patch version 1.4b."

i understand this to mean that the tweak files supplied with the download work but are not reflecting any of the new gwx files that may have been changed. so if i change a value the file may be reverting to stock variables before reflecting my changes so do i find them to add them after hours of hard searching or is there a file that is gwx ready?

to clarify, lets say i change the fire in a file that gwx has already changed the smoke settings. the tweak files are for 1.4b only and doesn't contain the gwx changes to smoke so it will be set to stock smoke if i change the file.

am i totally off base here or do i understand it correctly?

Maraz
04-18-07, 01:27 AM

the read me says clearly, "you must customize the program's tweak files to your particular game version. Tweak files supplied are for SH3 patch version 1.4b."

i understand this to mean that the tweak files supplied with the download work but are not reflecting any of the new gwx files that may have been changed.

(...)

As far as I have understood, the tweak files must be changed only when the format of the DAT files changes. GWX, as a mod, does not alter the format (only the values) in the DAT files. So those tweak files should be good for GWX.

Cheers
Maraz

Spytrx
04-18-07, 03:28 AM
The tweak files posted work fine for all sorts of versions... ;)

Webster
04-18-07, 09:31 AM

i understand this to mean that the tweak files supplied with the download work but are not reflecting any of the new gwx files that may have been changed.

(...)

As far as I have understood, the tweak files must be changed only when the format of the DAT files changes. GWX, as a mod, does not alter the format (only the values) in the DAT files. So those tweak files should be good for GWX.

Cheers
Maraz

the tweak files are comprized of .dat , .sim , and .zon files and the particles folder contains .txt files. these files are spread throughout sh3 and in several folders.

i do understand they will work as is, but timetraveler recommends customizing them to whatever version your running, so thats where im getting confused about it. what is meant by "customizing them".

do the tweak files "pull" thier info from the game folder presently installed at that time or do they already contain this info and simply display it when opened?

my confusion arose when trying to compare values from stock version tweak files and open the gwx files version by using open the alternate folder tab and trying to see what changes were made so i can better understand what can be done using the tweaker. when i looked at the numbers i can find no differences between the game files and the tweak files.

Madox58
04-18-07, 11:06 AM
Tweak files only look at the values told to look at.
No changes are made unless you make them.

Now, if a section is added to a dat,
(say I create a new gun and place it in the guns.dat)
the stock tweaker file won't see it cause it's not looking for it.

Webster
04-18-07, 11:34 AM
ok so your saying i only need to add stuff for whats missing for the items gwx added to the game like new ships planes and stuff?

so im missing those planes, ships, and stuff so i just cant make any changes to those things but i only need to add those tweak files if i want to change them.

so my thought process was wrong and if i want to compare stock values to gwx values then the only way i can do that is to have both versions installed when i open the tweak files.

so i need to install the stock 1.4b game in a different location then use the "alternate game folder" tab to open it for comparing the files.

Madox58
04-18-07, 11:42 AM
yep.
just copy an existing tweak file,
save it under another name, Say AFB_Wildcat_Sim.txt.
and change this line:

// Path to the file we are changing.
Path=data\Air\ADB_JU87Stuka\ADB_JU87Stuka.sim

// Path to the file we are changing.
Path=data\Air\AFB_Widcat\AFB_Wildcat.sim

Now you have a rule for that plane.

But it will still only look for what it's told to look for.
Any values that may have been added will not show
unless the rule is modded.

Webster
04-18-07, 12:15 PM
thank you,

i now understand how it works thanks to your help.

may your next patrol bring good tonnage.