PDA

View Full Version : Hydraphone rotation speed & exclusion zone

Reece
04-15-07, 08:41 PM
Hi, could someone point to the stock files for the rotation of the Hydraphone dial & also to shorten the exclusion zone (back to stock) please.:D
Thanks.

Reece
04-17-07, 08:15 AM
Gee, once again I'm being swamped with so many answers it's just so overwhelming!:yep:

Spytrx
04-17-07, 09:53 AM
I'd like to help if you give me the file names? ;)

Reece
04-17-07, 09:34 PM
That's what I want to know, the names of the files used!:up:

raduz
04-18-07, 01:42 AM
Hi, could someone point to the stock files for the rotation of the Hydraphone dial & also to shorten the exclusion zone (back to stock) please.:D
Thanks.

you have to open sensors.dat with timetravellers minitweaker, then select the appropriate hydrophone type, then change the value for "sweep period" (In the stock game = 30 sec.) The exclusion zone is defined by BearingMin and BearingMax and is not universal but rather individual for each hydrophone type. (stock game settings: GHG: 10 - 150, KDB: 10 - 160, BalkonGerat: 10 - 170). Hope this helped.

Spytrx
04-18-07, 03:40 AM
Ok, I have uploaded the stock sensor files (.dat, .sim, & .zon) here (http://files.filefront.com/Stock_Sensors_SH3rar/;7271901;/fileinfo.html) for you - if you are thinking of simply importing them to GWX to avoid being slaughtered by DD's forget it - tried it already and it won't work :nope:

Reece
04-18-07, 05:12 AM
Yes it does thanks raduz!:up:
@Spytrx, this has nothing to do with detection, I just don't like the high speed of the dial, it's a little tooo fast, also the rear exclusion zone is too wide, I would like it to be a little shorter.:yep:
Cheers.

Reece
04-18-07, 08:08 AM
Ahhhh! :roll: there are so many entries, are these "GHG KDB BalkonGerat" all of the Hydraphones or are there more? if so could someone please list the other names.
The exclusion zones for stock are the same in GWX however when looking at the dial seems to jump from 160 to 200 degrees, this figures with what is there but stock seemed to be only 10degrees either side!:-? Strange!
Thanks.:yep:

ref
04-18-07, 09:11 AM
Ahhhh! :roll: there are so many entries, are these "GHG KDB BalkonGerat" all of the Hydraphones or are there more? if so could someone please list the other names.
The exclusion zones for stock are the same in GWX however when looking at the dial seems to jump from 160 to 200 degrees, this figures with what is there but stock seemed to be only 10degrees either side!:-? Strange!

I'm not sure if the dial follows the "real" sensor rotation... I think it's mor an eye candy stuff, try changing drastically the rotation speed on the sensor file and look what happens with the dial needle.

Ref

Reece
04-18-07, 09:49 AM
I'll give it a try Ref, I have just got the GWX version of the sensors & adjusted the sweep period back to 30secs, will try this out later to see what it looks like.:yep: But it's now past midnight so it will have to wait till tomorrow.
Cheers.

raduz
04-18-07, 09:50 AM

Just change the values for the hydrophones I mentioned in my first post: GHG, GHG 2, GHG 9, KDB, KDB 9, Balkongerat, Balkongerat 9, Balkongerat 21. Most likely you wont use all of them but as I am not sure what type of sub you actually use (and will use in future), it is better to set them all according to your preferences.

The exclusion zones: GHG: MinBearing = 10 MaxBearing = 150 (for both sides, left and right). That means the sonarman will skip anything not included in this zone. In this case, the deaf zone is from 350 to 10 degrees (MinBearing) and from 150 to 210 degrees (MaxBearing). The GHG is the only hydrophone with rear AND front deaf zone, too.

KDB: MinBearing = 0 Max Bearing = 160 The SO will skip the zone from 160 to 200 degrees. That means, you have only rear deaf zone.

Balkongerat: MinBearing = 0 Max Bearing = 170 The SO will skip the zone from 170 to 190 degrees. That means, your rear deaf zone represents only 20 degrees.

raduz
04-18-07, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if the dial follows the "real" sensor rotation... I think it's mor an eye candy stuff, try changing drastically the rotation speed on the sensor file and look what happens with the dial needle.

Ref

The dial FOLLOWS the real sensor rotation, be sure. It is not eye candy. Try to change the dial speed or Max/MinBearing and you will see.