PDA

View Full Version : RAW files

R48
04-15-07, 04:06 PM
I'd like to change the contrast on the NAV map. I have PS and Irfanview, but neither one allows me to edit the RAW map. Is there any freeware or inexpensive shareware that would allow me to edit the map? Since editing the nav map is all I want to do I'd like to see if there is a low cost solution.

Thanks!

ref
04-15-07, 05:01 PM
I'd like to change the contrast on the NAV map. I have PS and Irfanview, but neither one allows me to edit the RAW map. Is there any freeware or inexpensive shareware that would allow me to edit the map? Since editing the nav map is all I want to do I'd like to see if there is a low cost solution.

Thanks!

You can open it with PS, you have to select open as and choose photoshop raw, in the dialog change width and height to match the file you're opening (4320x2160 or 21600x10800), change channels count to 1, depth must be 8 bits.
The image is a grayscale one, to see it in colour you need to change the format to indexed (menu->Image->mode->indexed color), then goto menu->Image->mode->color table, hit load and select terrain.act from the terrain/pal folder, in order to give it more contrast you need to work with the palette, not the image as it could have undesirable results, once you're done save the palette overwriting the original one.

Ref

R48
04-15-07, 06:37 PM
Thank you very much for the help! :up:

CaptainCox
04-18-07, 01:36 AM
I am trying to overlay the "folded" navimap that comes with the game on to the main Navmap in SH4. I know there is a mod like this for SH3 that works.

Basically to open the .RAW and stuff is not the problem, but rather how to have the graphics (lines, txt, symbols) to show up correctly. When I save as "Multichannel" the game basically uses my graphics as a outline for new coast lines and islands/atolls and stuff looks really weird. I am not sure, but does this have something to do with the color of the graphics, or is it simply the way its saved (wrong then in this case)?