PDA

View Full Version : Question: GWX1.03 XR Pack V0.1

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 02:14 AM
Ahoi,

I just installed the XR Modpack and the additional GWX skin pack and am very impressed of the work you guys invested to improve the game!

But there are some mods in the package that I don't like. I was fine with the usual GWX sounds so I deleted the new ones coming with the pack and installed it again - worked perfectly. Now I'd like to have the old main menu back but don't know which files to delete. To me (as a total noob to SH3 modding) it seems as if the menu files somehow work together with the slide out console. Probably someone can help me?

Another question, not about the mods: I'd like to set my resolution to 800*600 since the game is running at around 24 fps only. I changed the resolution in main.cfg but it doesn't seem to work - probably the possible resolutions are restricted?

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 08:31 AM
Noone out there who has an equally lame pc? :D

nfitzsimmons
04-14-07, 08:35 AM
Ahoi,

Another question, not about the mods: I'd like to set my resolution to 800*600 since the game is running at around 24 fps only. I changed the resolution in main.cfg but it doesn't seem to work - probably the possible resolutions are restricted?

Don't have answer to your first question, but if you're actually getting 24 fps at 1024x768 resolution I'd keep it there. Most people can't see any visual difference whatsoever between that and higher framerates.

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 08:58 AM
Well, that's the average rate. :88) Tends to jump between 17 in heavy weather or sometimes the command room and 30 in calm seas.

Umfuld
04-19-07, 06:21 AM
I just installed the GWX1.03 XR Pack V0.1 and my daytime sky is black.

There are a lot of great things in the Pack I'd like to keep, so if anyone knows if it's just one thing I should undo to fix it I'd love the help.

I'm also pretty ignorant about modding, but don't mind working to figure things out if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm on patrol right now, so I'm in no hurry, any changes won't be until I get back to port.

danlisa
04-19-07, 06:33 AM
From JCWolf's forum & download site.....

"Atention

You have to install 16 KM Athmosphere Mod first or you can possibly
have a black sky effect with 8 KM Athmosphere...."
http://www.bestfreeforums.com/forums/x-rated--mods-pack-v01-vt66-jcwolf.html

I've also got to tell you that the Black Sky during the day is a direct result of a failure to rollback SH3Cmdr at any point in the past with the current install, your scene.dat has become corrupted. You may be able to swap it out with a clean version but it would only be a quick fix and problems may appear in the future.

Umfuld
04-19-07, 06:45 AM
You have to install 16 KM Athmosphere Mod first or you can possibly
have a black sky effect with 8 KM Athmosphere...."Bingo. Thanks for the quick reply Dan.

I'll try that. :up:

It's actually something that used to happen when I loaded a game mid patrol. But that was before I learned of the patches from Ubi and so on, and the problem just went away. Hopefully it was just lack of the 16K and not something inherent in my PC.

Thanks again.