PDA

View Full Version : throw crew member overboard

Webster
04-14-07, 12:42 AM
it really bugs me to here that "yay" guy every time a torpedo hits.

i threw him off the boat before leaving port but he managed to sneak back aboard.

i find "torpedo impact" is enough since "yay" doesnt signify anything such as ship is sinking or will sink. after all, he cant know what we hit or if we hit anything.

how can i throw this guy off the boat?

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 02:27 AM
I felt myself annoyed by the hydro-man permanently asking "when will this be over". Someone pointed me file that contained this sound. I just delted it, worked fine, no errors. I'd say: just look for the "yay" in the speech folder and kick it out.

melnibonian
04-14-07, 05:00 AM
I would suggest you use the German sounds. They make the game far more realistic and they're far better and more thought through than the English ones.

Jimbuna
04-14-07, 05:11 AM
it really bugs me to here that "yay" guy every time a torpedo hits.

i threw him off the boat before leaving port but he managed to sneak back aboard.

i find "torpedo impact" is enough since "yay" doesnt signify anything such as ship is sinking or will sink. after all, he cant know what we hit or if we hit anything.

how can i throw this guy off the boat?

Put him on the deck gun when surfaced and don't dive when attacked from the air (kinda brutal punishment/entertainment) :D :arrgh!:

3Jane
04-14-07, 05:16 AM
Have been searching for the "when will this be over" sound file, but which one is it. I don't mind the cheering though. My manual solutions are often a little wonky, so a cheer helps keep up my moral. Saw a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it.

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 05:22 AM
Have been searching for the "when will this be over" sound file, but which one is it. I don't mind the cheering though. My manual solutions are often a little wonky, so a cheer helps keep up my moral. Saw a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it. Yeah, I started that thread when I was looking for a way to get rid of that sound. It's SoM_S_Muffled_whispers.ogg. Delete it and you'll be fine.

I would suggest you use the German sounds. They make the game far more realistic and they're far better and more thought through than the English ones.
They may make it more realistic, but they are not better or even thought through. The men sound like robots in every situation. To me the english sounds sound better. But maybe that's because I'm a german and you're - I suppose - british.

3Jane
04-14-07, 06:13 AM
Thanks, that helped me find them. I have always used the German speach in the game. I can't remember what the english speech sounds like in SHIII, the only time I heard it was when I first installed the game.

nfitzsimmons
04-14-07, 08:38 AM
I've never heard the English dialog. I installed the game and immediately configured it for German audio and English sub-titles. Adds much to the atmosphere. (But then I always play Shogun - Total War with the Jpaanese dialog for the same reason.)

Jimbuna
04-14-07, 12:50 PM
IMO the German speech is by far the best option :rock:

Kaleun Cook
04-14-07, 01:04 PM
It is, compared to the english speech files. But if you were german you'd find the german speakers pretty awful I bet. :yep:

Rick Martin
04-18-07, 05:12 PM
Webster, I know what ya mean. I used to play SH 2, modded to Pacific Aces and there was a German guy on board whose voice popped up every now and then. Had the Chief of the boat and a couple of big bo'suns mates looking for him b ut never found the guy. I guess he was a defector from the Kriegsmarine or something..