PDA

View Full Version : Its been asked before

emtmedic005
04-13-07, 12:18 PM
The one thing i hate, The only thing i hate about SH3 is that when a ship sinks there is nothing left on the surface except floating boxes or wat not. I know this has been asked before, many times, but i'll give it another try.

I checked out Serg's Mod page for SH3 and i saw a lifeboat mod but no download option, see something like that would be awesome to have when a ship sinks, it could spawn as the ship is sinking. It could have sailors in it, Friendlys or Enemies. But the game should make it so the opposing side doesnt outright attack them. I know that some of you think that includeing survivors in the game might be considered disrespectful cause some captains might massacre them, which is not a good thing. But to be honest, things like that did happen during the war, i've read accounts by survivors who made it through the ordeal cause they clung to a wooden palet or something and pretended to be dead. But then you have the good side of it, where the survivors of sinked ships were aided by the enemy or were dropped off at a neutral country, like this example (good website, Great story) http://www.u-35.com.

I think to be fair and equal the good and the bad options that go with having survivors in the game should be made to u-boat captains, that is help or hinder.

So is anyone working on a mod like this? If they are can u tell me, thanks

Jimbuna
04-13-07, 01:34 PM
Hmm....good question, :hmm: wish I knew the answer :yep:

Madox58
04-13-07, 01:38 PM
Well,
It started like this:
Before SH4, if you brought it up, you were attacked by
"Insert whatever Here".
After SH4, it was started by a few but
(Oh Man Forgive me but I can't resist!)
it didn't survive?
:rotfl: :rotfl:

thefretmaster
04-13-07, 04:16 PM
if anyone would want it i could just do a quick insert of a lifeboat. its easy enough. it wont stay there very olg but i can put it in

sorry privateer, the project isnt dead just in hibernation :know: school work and stuff

The Munster
04-13-07, 05:19 PM
As far as I know, Serg is working on a 'Lifeboat Mod' but it's not 'rocket science', it's more than that. In other words, this sort of thing will take time to implement cos' of hard code issues etc. to trawl thru.
There is also a morality issue involved here; not everybody wants to see a 'living being' clinging for dear life on a piece of wood wondering if they will live or die, computer generated or otherwise. Realistic maybe but not to everyones taste.

emtmedic005
04-13-07, 09:44 PM
There is also a morality issue involved here; not everybody wants to see a 'living being' clinging for dear life on a piece of wood wondering if they will live or die, computer generated or otherwise. Realistic maybe but not to everyones taste.

Well if that is the case, then those people that feel that way dont have to use that mod.

Kpt. Lehmann
04-13-07, 09:59 PM

Well if that is the case, then those people that feel that way dont have to use that mod.

Not to mention the guys who will think it is funny to shoot at the lifeboats.:nope:

Kaleun Cook
04-15-07, 08:06 AM
nothing to say, I'd just like to see this thread more on top - because there definately has to be something left when a ship sinks!

Seconds before a destroyer sinks there's the crewing manning the guns (bad enough that the merchants don't seem to have any crew at all) - and then it's just gone? There should be a lifeboat mod!