PDA

View Full Version : Is there a GWX FAQ?

EoE
04-13-07, 04:53 AM
Hi

Forgive a n00b on this board, but I haven't been able to find a FAQ for GWX. Is there one? Or at least a short description of what the X in GW is?

I'm in a campaign with the GW mod (can't remember the version number). Does anyone know if I can install GWX over my current game and continue that campaign with all the presumable goodies in GWX?

thnx/EoE

HunterICX
04-13-07, 05:57 AM
Hi

Forgive a n00b on this board, but I haven't been able to find a FAQ for GWX. Is there one? Or at least a short description of what the X in GW is?

I'm in a campaign with the GW mod (can't remember the version number). Does anyone know if I can install GWX over my current game and continue that campaign with all the presumable goodies in GWX?

thnx/EoE

Hi Welcome,

GWX
the X = Expansion

(full name: Grey Wolves Expansion)
dont be fooled by the word Expansion mate, you dont need the previous version made by the GW dev team)

so the only thing you need is the GWX bin files.

and the answer the other question , answer = No

you need a clean Installation of SH3 + 1.4b patch in order to install GWX over it.
nothing else is needed.

so Unninstall SH3 first by running the unninstall.exe
then make sure nothing is left in programfiles-ubisoft
delete the mydocuments SH3 folders

reinstall SH3
patch it to 1.4b
and install GWX over it

good luck and if you have more questions just fire them away

also read the Manual as there are a lot of things that explain what the mod is all about and maybe some of your questions can be asked in there

Good luck

HunterICX

P_Funk
04-13-07, 06:09 AM
We are the FAQ. :rotfl:

JScones
04-13-07, 06:17 AM
Clicking my signature image will take you to the GWX homepage. On it is a link to the GWX manual and a link to the official trailer.

You may like to suss them out.

There is no FAQ because we learnt with the first Grey Wolves that it was largely ignored. So as P_Funk says, the guys here are the FAQ.

EoE
04-13-07, 06:28 AM
Thanks a lot y'all. I'm setting my course for the manual, and will most likely install GWX as soon as my current GW campaign ends in a watery grave.

(Probably on my next attempt at that Fiji cruiser in the middle of that pesky '42 convoy).

rgds/EoE

Jimbuna
04-13-07, 07:18 AM
We are the FAQ. :rotfl:

:roll:
CLASSIC :rotfl: :rotfl:

P_Funk
04-13-07, 07:55 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3030/4404gg12rc8.jpg

mr chris
04-13-07, 07:57 AM
:rotfl::rotfl: My pics they get every where.:D