PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Leros FuMB-37 on the XXI's snorkel BEFORE Jan 45?

difool2
04-12-07, 01:34 PM
[for GWX obviously]

I grok the following:

1. On a patrol starting in Jan 45 or later the Leros will be visible in the upgrade screen in port...

2. You had better NOT select it in port however or it will be "destroyed" when the patrol actually starts, thus

3. Don't select it and it will be installed correctly. Confirmed during several 1945+ patrols I've made in the XXI

Basically I want the snorkel-mounted Leros receiver installed before Jan '45, such as on the actual operational date of the XXI in April '44. If we assume the latter what-if date then the former what-if should follow naturally, right? I just want to avoid getting bombed out of the water when I am unable to detect aircraft when snorting.

So I tried the following mod:

1. Scrolled down in the basic.cfg file, found in the GWX Late War Sensors mod folder, and changed the following:

A. The operational start date of the Leros RWR (under "EQUIP 5"), coded as 1279, from:

Year7=1945
Month7=1
NbSub7=1

to:

Year7=1944
Month7=4
NbSub7=1

Problem is that something else needs to be changed because when I change the above setting, the Leros is shown as available, but when the patrol starts it doesn't get installed and/or I get the "destroyed" message. Hence all I need is to know what other settings in basic.cfg need to be changed to get the Leros to work properly. TIA.