PDA

View Full Version : need advice re: Gray Wolves vs Seawolves

5string74
04-11-07, 10:59 PM
I was one of the unsuspecting ones and bought Seawolves. Now that I have discovered this forum, I understand it was a rip-off of free mods. I am thinking of uninstalling Seawolves and reinstalling SHIII. Then, I may install the Gray Wolves mod. Does this sound like a good idea? Is Gray Wolves a better mod experience than Sea Wolves? Any advice would be appreciated.
PS: I am waiting for the bugs to get ironed out of SHIV before I get that. In the
meantime, I am still grooving on SHIII. :hmm:

FIREWALL
04-11-07, 11:19 PM
I was one of the unsuspecting ones and bought Seawolves. Now that I have discovered this forum, I understand it was a rip-off of free mods. I am thinking of uninstalling Seawolves and reinstalling SHIII. Then, I may install the Gray Wolves mod. Does this sound like a good idea? Is Gray Wolves a better mod experience than Sea Wolves? Any advice would be appreciated.
PS: I am waiting for the bugs to get ironed out of SHIV before I get that. In the
meantime, I am still grooving on SHIII. :hmm:

GRAY WOLVES= WOW :|\\ seawolves= POS :down:

P_Funk
04-12-07, 01:56 AM
Seawolves is a half assed rip off of Grey Wolves. And GWX is much newer too.

danlisa
04-12-07, 02:24 AM
@ 5string74

GWX is the latest incarnation of Grey Wolves (eXpansion ;)). It is by far the most complete mod available for SH3 currently available.

You can click on my sig to get the files & read the GWX manual, aka Das Buch (online version). I suggest reading the manual as there is alot of important information regarding the installation of GWX aswell as a wealth of historical data relating to the changes that have been made.:up: Besides, you'll have time to spare while the d/l completes.

If you have only been playing Stock SH3 & Seawolves, you are going to be blown away with GWX.:arrgh!:

Enjoy GWX mate & if you have any further questions, come back to us.

GWX disclaimer - The devs of GWX cannot be held responsible for the damage to any shoes or socks when first entering the GWX experience.

Alex
04-12-07, 05:38 AM
@ 5string74

GWX is the latest incarnation of Grey Wolves (eXpansion ;)). It is by far the most complete mod available for SH3 currently available.
If you have only been playing Stock SH3 & Seawolves, you are going to be blown away with GWX.:arrgh!:

:rock:

GWX disclaimer - The devs of GWX cannot be held responsible for the damage to any shoes or socks when first entering the GWX experience.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jimbuna
04-12-07, 05:48 AM
GWX :rock:

5string74
04-12-07, 08:41 AM
Hey, thank you all for your advice. I will make the switch this weekend. Looks like I am gonna be busy!

Mickey
(5string74)

Klt_KUrtz
04-12-07, 03:54 PM
Seawolves = BIN!:down:

Greywolves = WIN!!!:rock:

KUrtz.

Kpt. Lehmann
04-12-07, 08:02 PM
Hey, thank you all for your advice. I will make the switch this weekend. Looks like I am gonna be busy!

Mickey
(5string74)

Welcome aboard matey. Don't forget your rescue gear! :arrgh!:

Iron Budokan
04-14-07, 10:07 AM
GWX all the way. Just get ready to be afraid....very afraid. GWX takes no prisoners!:rock:

melnibonian
04-14-07, 10:08 AM
There is only one mod/add-on for SH3

GWX

STEED
04-14-07, 12:14 PM

GWX

I second the motion. :rock:

Jimbuna
04-14-07, 01:16 PM

GWX

I second the motion. :rock:

Get back in the galley....cooky needs a hand :arrgh!:
:lol: :up:

5string74
04-18-07, 09:52 AM
I was a cook on an offshore scalloper out of Cape Cod in the '70's. (was a deck had for over two years, then spent the last 6 months cooking).
BTW, one of the most impressive, scarey things I ever saw at sea was a nuclear sub surface and speed by our vessel (man was that thing fast). I was thinking that I wouldn't want that thing mad at me!

As far as GWX, I downloaded it but it took up too much hard drive space. I uninstalled. I am thinking of getting an external hard drive. Will that enable me to install and run the game from there?

5string74
04-18-07, 09:53 AM
I was a cook on an offshore scalloper out of Cape Cod in the '70's. (was a deck hand for over two years, then spent the last 6 months cooking).
BTW, one of the most impressive, scarey things I ever saw at sea was a nuclear sub surface and speed by our vessel (man was that thing fast). I was thinking that I wouldn't want that thing mad at me!

As far as GWX, I downloaded it but it took up too much hard drive space. I uninstalled. I am thinking of getting an external hard drive. Will that enable me to install and run the game from there?

Cooky

GT182
04-18-07, 10:15 AM
Cooky, get a larger internal HDD and switch everything to it. Use a SATA HDD if your MoBo will support one. They're faster than a regular ATA IDE HDD. Use an external HDD for backing up your internal to keep things safe and for a reinstall if your internal goes south on you.... no need for a reformat that way, just pop everthing back in.

Actually Seawolves was made with free mods before GWX came out. They might say no but free mods are in it. ;)