PDA

View Full Version : ContLine.tga

Reece
04-10-07, 01:46 AM
Hi, this file has been a pain as it is used for the Hydraphone as well as the ships "Tails", and a number of mods have come out to change the line grey or to get rid of the tails totally! these work for the tails but messes up the hydraphone lines as shown:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/Contlineprob.jpg
I fiddled around with this file and the maps.cfg file, results:

First test -
Loaded 2 files to gui folder, the original Contline.tga & No_Tails_Contline.tga, then edited this line "Mat1=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/No_Tails_ContLine.tga" in maps.cfg.
Second test -
Loaded 2 files to gui folder, a modified "No Tails" Contline.tga & Original_Contline.tga, then edited this line "Mat1=0x09,0x0B,data/menu/gui/Original_ContLine.tga" in maps.cfg.

Results for both were identical as though the game was stock SH3, absolutely no difference, wierd!:-?

The reason I have been fiddling with this is that normally I have ingame map updates off with WO assisted plotting, I thought I'd go back to map updates on with no WO assistance for a change only it's too easy now!:yep:

Is there a way to change the Contline.tga to totally transparent for both tails & hydraphone contact lines?:)
Thanks.

Henri II
04-10-07, 02:01 AM
Just so I understand this correctly, you want to make the hydrophone line and the tails totaly invisible? You don't actually have to make it transparent, just open the file in Photoshop and erase the whole line.

danlisa
04-10-07, 02:11 AM
Reece, have you tried removing/renaming the tga?

Just like the removal of the UMark.tga file, if SH3 has nothing to use then it won't be shown.

Reece
04-10-07, 02:34 AM
@ Henri, removing the alpha part of the tga still displays the whole thing as stock, except even darker!:-? I can get it to where the tails are gone and a faint gray line displayed on hydraphone by changing the alpha to totally black, probably not that bad though!:)
@ Danlisa, never actually tried, I'll give it a test but certainly couldn't make it a JSGME mod though!:lol:

One thing that is a pest I just found is that reported ships are displayed with no tail & therefore don't knowing where it's heading to intercept!:down: wonder if convoy reports use the same contline.tga file?:-?

Reece
04-10-07, 04:23 AM
@ Dan, removing the file or replacing with a blank (0k) file rus as stock, must be an inbuilt version the game uses if the one in folder is corrupt!:-? Oh well it's either:

1) No tails including reported contacts plus pale black hydraphone lines.
2) No tails including reported contacts plus broken hydraphone lines.
3) All tails and lines. (stock)
Not very good choices!:damn:

Henri II
04-10-07, 04:31 AM
If erasing the whole line doesn't work, did you try something less radical? Perhaps erase everything except one single pixel and make it as pale as possible, so you will hardly notice it?

Capt.Crackerjack
04-10-07, 10:55 PM
If I understand what you are attempting, it seems that Rubini has already accomplished this:

Grey solid merchant hydro lines and red solid hydro warship lines, either with no tails (includes all ships, subs, convoys), or with grey tails for all. This is close to RL as the SO would mark warships differently than merchants.

So, check back a few threads earlier for this:
[REL] GWX-No ContactTails plus Colored WarShips!

Reece
04-10-07, 11:27 PM
Yes I know, it has the broken hydraphone lines as displayed, that can't be fixed.
Anyway I've decided to forget it as the main problem is that all reported ships are displayed without the tail, therefore how would you know the direction to take to intercept it?:x When radio reports of convoys, & even single ships, were recieved, the heading would be given, otherwise the info would be useless.:yep: At the time I first posted this thread I never gave any thought to this area!:damn:

Capt.Crackerjack
04-11-07, 12:50 AM
Yes I know, it has the broken hydraphone lines as displayed, that can't be fixed.
Anyway I've decided to forget it as the main problem is that all reported ships are displayed without the tail, therefore how would you know the direction to take to intercept it?:x When radio reports of convoys, & even single ships, were recieved, the heading would be given, otherwise the info would be useless.:yep: At the time I first posted this thread I never gave any thought to this area!:damn:

:hmm: Reece, maybe you misread my post or perhaps I was not clear enough. In Rubini's latest version including a new ContLine.tga file, the newest mod has all the heading tails and the hydro lines are unbroken. Please d/l and give it a try because I am personally using it now with tails and solid lines.

You probably tried his earlier version that did have missing tails and broken hydro lines; he then fixed those problems. As a further helpful suggestion, just go to his earlier thread and ask him (Rubini); he does have the mod that you seek if you would simply go to his thread.:yep:

QUOTE FROM RUBINI THREAD:
Well, anyway, here a totally black/grey tails with colored WS contact.
I need that someone test it (and report back) because I canīt really check it (colorblind).:88)
If itīs woking well, I will update the first post/mod;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/24401445/ContLine.tga.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/24401445/ContLine.tga.html)
Just replace your Contline.tga on the data/menu/gui folder. Can be made in middle patrol.
UNQUOTE

Reece
04-11-07, 12:57 AM
Sorry about that chief, I will look, the one I tried was "WS_colored_contacts_w_wo_black_tails.7z"
Just have to find it!:yep:

Rubini
04-11-07, 08:25 AM
Hi Reece,

I'm also a bit confuse on what you want. :hmm:
If you want a totally transparent ContLine.tga I can provide to you. But be aware that you will not more see tails, hydrophone contacts , radar and RWR contacts and also on TDC window you will not more see your torpedo path line.
This ContLine.tga is used in SH3 for all the above lines.

Reece
04-11-07, 08:39 AM
Thanks Rubini, what I origanally wanted was no tails with hydraphone lines unbroken, I downloaded your first version but got the broken lines as in the pic, I have now downloaded your latest Contline.tga file (noticed the reversal of RGB with Alpha), now problem is fixed!:up: However at the time I didn't realize that the reported contacts such as convoys had their tails missing as well & that has killed the whole idea of the mod as I want to know this info so I can intercept the contacts.:yep:
In other words I wanted the mod at first but not anymore, I hope this clears things up & sorry for rambling on chaps!:88)

danlisa
04-11-07, 08:45 AM
.....I hope this clears things up & sorry for rambling on chaps!:88)

Not at all dear fellow. More Tea? :88)

Reece
04-11-07, 08:56 AM
MMMM ..... Yes Please!:88)

Rubini
04-11-07, 08:59 AM
Thanks Rubini, what I origanally wanted was no tails with hydraphone lines unbroken, I downloaded your first version but got the broken lines as in the pic, I have now downloaded your latest Contline.tga file (noticed the reversal of RGB with Alpha), now problem is fixed!:up: However at the time I didn't realize that the reported contacts such as convoys had their tails missing as well & that has killed the whole idea of the mod as I want to know this info so I can intercept the contacts.:yep:
In other words I wanted the mod at first but not anymore, I hope this clears things up & sorry for rambling on chaps!:88)

Yes, to have no tails you will also have broken lines. This is "unfixable" until now.
But the intention on not have tails is to just use that generic directions that you get when click on the contact: NWE, N, SSE, etc (not more that so precise one that you get with tails). This also makes the game a bit more challenge. You need to "search" a bit more for the distant contacts.;)

@Danlisa: :D

Reece
04-11-07, 09:10 AM
When local traffic is reported (displayed on map) no directions are given (nnw etc), only to major task forces or convoys.:-? Hang on ... don't tell me ... when highlighting the contact the direction, as well as speed, is given?:-? Sheesh I never thought of trying, I bet it is! :88) and double :88):88)
Don't anyone upset me now!:lol:

Rubini
04-11-07, 09:49 AM
When local traffic is reported (displayed on map) no directions are given (nnw etc), only to major task forces or convoys.:-? Hang on ... don't tell me ... when highlighting the contact the direction, as well as speed, is given?:-? Sheesh I never thought of trying, I bet it is! :88) and double :88):88)
Don't anyone upset me now!:lol:

IIRC this info is there for any radio/distant contact! Just click on the contact.:hmm:

Reece
04-11-07, 09:54 AM
:oops::oops::oops::cry::cry::cry: I can't really say much can I.:88) Errr thanks for your Contline.tga file Rubini.;)