PDA

View Full Version : 2 GWX questions

CaptainHaplo
04-07-07, 11:03 PM
Am running GWX 1.03 with update - and have noticed a couple of odd things that maybe can be answered. First, my deck gun for some reason now sounds like a a kids toy - the volume is WAY low overall compared to pre-GWX, but the sound of that gun just doesnt seem to fit - Note I am using the 10.5 on my type IX. Haven't checked to see if the 88 is the same.

The second question is - with GWX installed - when I hit exit to leave the game - about 50% of the time my pc reboots. My thinking is this is memory related. Anyone else see this behavior?

While these are questions - let me say to the GWX team - I love what you did and thank you for the work it had to entail! GWX made SH3 so much more enjoyable for a history buff like myself!

Thanks in advance!
Captain Haplo

Jimbuna
04-08-07, 06:35 AM
Check your sound settings in the options screen for the gun related sound issue and yes, it is possible your machine is rebooting because of a need for more memory (you should ideally have 1GB) :arrgh!:

P_Funk
04-09-07, 03:36 AM
How large is your page file? I only have 512 ram so SH3 with GWX uses 1.5 gigs of page file. I have my page file as a result set to over 2gigs.