PDA

View Full Version : Direct2Drive SH4 and mods?

Paul Roberts
04-06-07, 12:34 PM
Hi all,

I've heard a rumor (I can't remember where) that the download version of SH4 is not compatible with modding. Is this true? It seems unlikely, especially since I've been very happily playing my D2D version of SH3 with GWX, but I wanted to ask before I bought the game via download.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

USS_shipmaster
04-06-07, 12:54 PM
According my experience at these moment everything works almost fine.
'Almost' means that there are a lot of bugs that mods didnt sovle and they have to be fixed by Ubi Dev team in next patches.

I have patched game to 1.1
and I have REF_favorite to taste mod 1.5
and keyboard function mod
and jimmimadrids_HUd mod

My recommendation is use JSGME last version and read :-) readme.txt (instruction for mods installation). Subsim guys who usually do this job are really responsible guys and they made perfect instructions for each mod.

Sincerely VK

USS_shipmaster
04-06-07, 12:59 PM
I have DD version sh4 from ubi.com/US site
--------------------------------------------
P5LD / pentium core duo 3.4 Ghz /
2GRam-800 / NvidiaGforce 7300GT/

shad43
04-06-07, 01:30 PM
No worries, I have the DD version and all the mods work fine.
I can't say for sure but Im guessing that the only diff between versions
is the media format.

Cheers :up:

letterboy1
04-06-07, 01:53 PM
is the media format.

And mainly, the copy protection method. :)

D2D version here and no issues with the half dozen mods I'm using so far. The only thing that concerns me with a download version is the patching arrangements made between the publisher and the digital distributor. In the case of Stalker, there was a long delay getting the first patch to D2D. However, in the case of SH4 we got the same patch for all versions. I don't know if this will continue, but if they make separate patch versions the next go-around I hope they do it like with SH3 and release them all on the official game website as well as the Ubi support site.

shad43
04-06-07, 02:04 PM
is the media format.

And mainly, the copy protection method. :)

D2D version here and no issues with the half dozen mods I'm using so far. The only thing that concerns me with a download version is the patching arrangements made between the publisher and the digital distributor. In the case of Stalker, there was a long delay getting the first patch to D2D. However, in the case of SH4 we got the same patch for all versions. I don't know if this will continue, but if they make separate patch versions the next go-around I hope they do it like with SH3 and release them all on the official game website as well as the Ubi support site.

Be positive :up:
Im sure they will release them at the same time :D

AhhhFresh
05-07-07, 09:31 AM
I thought I would bump this, since I have the Direct2Drive version of the game and couldn't get mods to work last night on my first attempt, and had heard the same rumor.

I guess I must have done something wrong though if others have gotten mods to work with no problems. Are there any special considerations for D2D or is it the same as the regular versions?

U-Bones
05-07-07, 10:11 AM
I thought I would bump this, since I have the Direct2Drive version of the game and couldn't get mods to work last night on my first attempt, and had heard the same rumor.

I guess I must have done something wrong though if others have gotten mods to work with no problems. Are there any special considerations for D2D or is it the same as the regular versions?

I suspect any difference between the DVD and D2D versions are in favor of D2D - I have the DVD version and have had all kinds of issues similar to those supposedly the result of running a crack - which I am not, nor have I ever. There are others who claim to have crack symptoms without the crack - whom I trust to be telling the truth.

I also have basically only voices and environmental sounds - no dive, either no gun or suppressed gun, etc... I have reverted to my on-board realtec 97, updated drivers for my SB Audigym, reinstalled, nada... sounds are and have been borked from day one.

So basically what I am saying is, with D2D at least you don't get a ghost in the machine.

Ducimus
05-07-07, 11:24 AM
Ive been running, modding on, and running mods on the D2D version without any problems, not have i had any of the wierd effects associated with nocd patch's.

AhhhFresh
05-07-07, 11:28 AM
Hmmm... I followed all the instructions with the JSGME and installing mods into the \MOD directory in my SHIV directory in My Documents, but after enabling them in JSGME... which created a bunch of directories that weren't there before... nothing happened. It was exactly the same.

I'll try and figure out what I did wrong when I get home.

TripleDaddy
05-09-07, 06:12 PM
Hmmm... I followed all the instructions with the JSGME and installing mods into the \MOD directory in my SHIV directory in My Documents, but after enabling them in JSGME... which created a bunch of directories that weren't there before... nothing happened. It was exactly the same.

I'll try and figure out what I did wrong when I get home.

The /MOD directory doesn't go in My Documents. Put it in your SHIV dir.