PDA

View Full Version : Periscope depth

STEED
04-06-07, 06:41 AM
I have notedness's time and time again the U-Boat is not going down deep enough, the brim of the turm is showing above the water line and using the dial to get your boat down a little deeper is a pain. Is there some way to change the depth just enough to correct this problem.

Just to add the DF_Antennas also can be seen. Is there any way you can raise and lower it along with any other antennas, I know about the late war one which you can do this.

GreyOctober
04-06-07, 07:17 AM
I think it has something to do with positive buoyancy, though im sure..i noticed this behaviour too. GWX comes with an alternative buoyancy model so id install that first of all.

Cheers!
Grey

Cheapskate
04-06-07, 08:36 AM
Yes, GreyOctober is correct. :up:

GWX update 1.03 comes with a " reduced positive buoyancy" option which should get rid of most of these unpleasant effects.

Mush Martin
04-06-07, 09:06 AM
I Believe that neutral buoancy for GWX will fix this
as far as broaching goes.

as for the df antenna it is only eye candy
and although I believe theres no lowering
it as such in game it can be deleted
out of game without detriment It was
somewhere in the last two weeks I
saw the DF loop stuff on a mods
forum thread but I dont have the link
here steed.
MM

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 10:15 AM
Go to: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWXv103\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9c(o r whatever boat your using)....NSS cfg file and alter the periscope depth :up:

STEED
04-06-07, 10:40 AM
Go to: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWXv103\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9c(o r whatever boat your using)....NSS cfg file and alter the periscope depth :up:

Just out of interest if I sorted them all out would the change conflict with the next patch?

As I remember I had a conflict with the 1.02 patch when I added another torp slot for the IXB Boat.

Henri II
04-06-07, 10:53 AM
That depends on whether the next patch changes the same files or not. If it does, you will just have to change the PD settings in the new files again.

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 10:53 AM
Without giving too much away the next 'patch' v1,04 will not be a 'fixit' for v1.03 but more an added dimension if you like...more ships blah blah blah :D
When v1.04 is released it will obviously be a new 'deal' so my advice would be to make a note of any changes ie: addittional eels, periscope depth, ammo etc. :arrgh!:

STEED
04-06-07, 11:01 AM
Without giving too much away the next 'patch' v1,04 will not be a 'fixit' for v1.03 but more an added dimension if you like...more ships blah blah blah :D
When v1.04 is released it will obviously be a new 'deal' so my advice would be to make a note of any changes ie: addittional eels, periscope depth, ammo etc. :arrgh!:

OK best to copy them and store them in a safe place before I go in and tinker around.

Cheers. :up:

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 12:04 PM
Your welcome kaleun :up: I've personally added the extra eel to the IXB and whatever boat I'm driving automatically gets 250 HE shells :arrgh!:

Capt.Crackerjack
04-09-07, 04:50 PM

Just out of interest if I sorted them all out would the change conflict with the next patch?

As I remember I had a conflict with the 1.02 patch when I added another torp slot for the IXB Boat.

:up: Just use JSGME to make your changes and then roll them back out before adding any new patches!:yep:

Jimbuna
04-10-07, 04:11 AM

:up: Just use JSGME to make your changes and then roll them back out before adding any new patches!:yep:

Is there a mod out there that specifically changes the periscope depth ? :hmm:

JScones
04-10-07, 05:00 AM
:hmm: As a few have posted, just enable the "reduced positive buoyancy" mod that comes with GWX1.03. Problem will then be gone for good. No stress, no dramas and no concerns about future GWX releases.

And no need to set 15m to run at 13m. ;)

JScones
04-10-07, 05:03 AM
Is there a mod out there that specifically changes the periscope depth ? :hmm:
Prolly not. But a lateral thinker could very easily and quickly add their required settings to SH3Cmdr and thus a) keep them all in one place and b) have them applied in a way that, if maintained correctly, will always keep a "clean" SH3 install hence avoiding concerns about updates etc.

Seems most people go straight for the obvious solution. But obvious is not always best. ;)

Apart from graphics mods, all my "setting changing" mods are applied via SH3Cmdr.

Jimbuna
04-10-07, 05:50 AM
Aye mate....it was the reference to JSGME that threw me ;)

STEED
04-10-07, 06:10 AM
To late I corrected it by changing the info in the CFG. I copied the folder before any changes just in case there is a patch conflict.