PDA

View Full Version : Range button & GWX

Vader 1
04-05-07, 05:28 PM
1st off my hats off to the GWX team A-1...
small ? however since moving to GWX from NYGM I seem to have lost the ablity to range targets with the ranging tool you have acess to via the periscope view.

I indentify a target 1st and check it in to the note pad, Click on the ranging tool and get the 2nd line which moves up and down and when I click it again I get the degree's on the note pad but note the range???????

I am also using "no WO assistance" any thoughts to what I am missing

Vader

Maraz
04-06-07, 03:00 AM
1st off my hats off to the GWX team A-1...
small ? however since moving to GWX from NYGM I seem to have lost the ablity to range targets with the ranging tool you have acess to via the periscope view.

I indentify a target 1st and check it in to the note pad, Click on the ranging tool and get the 2nd line which moves up and down and when I click it again I get the degree's on the note pad but note the range???????

I am also using "no WO assistance" any thoughts to what I am missing

Vader

Maybe you are losing the lock to the target in the periscope. This happens if the target is far, and/or visibility is bad. Keep pressing the 'L' key if so.

Cheers
Maraz

Kpt. Lehmann
04-06-07, 05:41 AM
Maraz is correct. I just double checked it. If the scope lock on the target is broken... you are then unable to use the data notepad to automatically calculate the range once you identify the ship type/mast height. The range calculator does indeed work with no officer assistance.

At longer ranges the lock is broken more easily. So you gotta get closer to the target:ping: .

For the most part (spoiler here) if the target lock is breaking quite readily... It's probably a hail Mary shot with your torps there. I could get more specific... but I don't want to ruin the human-error element for you. If you hit everything all the time you'll get bored.:|\\

Sorry for the delay on getting you the answer. I don't get to sail much... my manual targetting was/is rusty. (LOL, running a function test to check your problem query, I missed a medium cargo at 2000 meters because I forgot to factor in the speed of the target.:shifty: )

P_Funk
04-06-07, 05:57 AM
Sorry for the delay on getting you the answer. I don't get to sail much... my manual targetting was/is rusty. (LOL, running a function test to check your problem query, I missed a medium cargo at 2000 meters because I forgot to factor in the speed or the target.:shifty: )
Its funny that the man in charge of the mod which makes the manual monsters happy is absolute gash at it himself.:rotfl:

Kpt. Lehmann
04-06-07, 06:25 AM
Sorry for the delay on getting you the answer. I don't get to sail much... my manual targetting was/is rusty. (LOL, running a function test to check your problem query, I missed a medium cargo at 2000 meters because I forgot to factor in the speed of the target.:shifty: )
Its funny that the man in charge of the mod which makes the manual monsters happy is absolute gash at it himself.:rotfl:

Yep, because I just don't have much time to go on patrols.

Vader 1
04-06-07, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys you nailed it I was losting lock...high waves.....well back to see and LOVING GWX:rock: :rock: :rock: :up: :yep:
Vader

P_Funk
04-06-07, 03:58 PM
Sorry for the delay on getting you the answer. I don't get to sail much... my manual targetting was/is rusty. (LOL, running a function test to check your problem query, I missed a medium cargo at 2000 meters because I forgot to factor in the speed of the target.:shifty: ) Its funny that the man in charge of the mod which makes the manual monsters happy is absolute gash at it himself.:rotfl:
Yep, because I just don't have much time to go on patrols.
And we salute you for it. http://www.oneuk.f2s.com/emoticons/salute.gif