PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Deckgun ammo.

TheJaguar
04-05-07, 08:16 AM
I have searched the forum for a mod to allow me to take more ammo on missions.
I either find it for SH4 or it is past my comp skill level.
I know that there would be one, please point me at it.

I am useing SH3 Commander and GWX

Love the mods, Thankyou.

[quote}If this is the one I don't follow how it works.
I have a program for Unlimited Deckgun Ammo/Instant Reload/No Hull Damage http://files.filefront.com/sh3v14btr.../fileinfo.html[quote]

Mush Martin
04-05-07, 08:21 AM
Hmmmm

I have some experience at it if you have questions
but I dont have it as a seperated mod its part
of one of my other mods.

what are you trying to do just increase the number
or rounds of the types you already have or are you
trying to get different types than you already
have?.

MM

TheJaguar
04-05-07, 08:28 AM
I just want more shells.
In GWX I have 110 HE shells.

I would like to have more of them, or some of the AP shells.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mush Martin
04-05-07, 08:29 AM
Stand by a minute.

Mush Martin
04-05-07, 08:32 AM
Check pm

Spytrx
04-11-07, 05:08 PM
any chance of a PM as well Mush? I don't even mean to cheat - I can happily live without the other ammo... ;)

seriously though - can it be done? I found myself in the middle of the Channel sinking a nice little convoy when I was ambushed by a nasty pack of destroyers and run out of luck and HE ammo to penetrate their hull... found out the hard way that slingshots don't work and there is no reason with a starving opponent

:damn:

azn_132
04-11-07, 05:10 PM
STAY OUT OF THE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!

Spytrx
04-12-07, 04:49 AM
I forgot to pack the paddels and if I want to make it back to Kiel I need to take the short way home - otherwise I would have been stranded in Scotish waters... My boat wasn't in the best shape to start of...

danlisa
04-12-07, 05:00 AM
Is this how you encourage people to learn how to mod and participate?
Nope, It's just good advise.:up::rotfl:

Welcome fellow countyman.:rock:

The info regarding the ammo types is in this forum, however as it is a very active forum, information tends to get archived sooner than expected.

There is a cfg file which you can edit to change the amount of ammo carried, or you can research into using Minitweaker to actually increase the damage done by the DG Shells. Which I suspect is what MM is passing around.

To learn or participate in modding it's best to try to find your own way. Do this by just opening random files in SH3 and seeing what's inside. Alot can be accomplished in SH3 just by editing a cfg or two. I could spell out the exact way to accomplish what you want but what are you learning and where's the fun?

Stick with it mate, we all had to start somewhere.:up:

Spytrx
04-12-07, 05:08 AM
trust me, countryman I ain't - retired here from Germany :D

I have looked and what I found confused the hell out of me - what I tried CtD'd
I had hoped to compare files to see what people see that I don't...

trust me - I have tried the tweaker and I can't make any sense of it - whenever I do something with it the game runs fine but when I try to use the ammo there is none available at all or I fly out of the game...

I don't use any of the big mods - just skins and little mods to make the boat look nicer. What bugged me was that I can choose what fish I take, but not the type of ammo. I wanted to change that and that alone. I am still searching through (search revealed 154 pages and I have done 27 so far) but you would jump at the chance of a short-cut as well, wouldn't you? :yep:

Mush Martin
04-12-07, 05:14 AM
OK so to save myself a bit of correspondence I put it into a mod
and put it up on my FF (link in my siggy)

its called Cat_mod_beta and what it will do is
increase ammo storage capacity for all subs
significantly and it will also if your using GWX
restore the missing ammo icons in your gun
screens.

enjoy
MM

Jimbuna
04-12-07, 05:54 AM
You can in the basic.cfg C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg :arrgh!:

Spytrx
04-12-07, 08:27 AM
You can in the basic.cfg C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg :arrgh!:

:D
done that first time round - that was also my first lesson in making a number of backups of some of the crucial files because I really srewed it up beyond repair and had to re-install the whole sim...:oops:

on further attempts I either had no ammo at all, or other things went wrong - before I was going any further with it I wanted to learn the implications and cross-connections I had to be aware off. I was looking at first at a German board (since that is my mother tongue) but there I was shot right out of the water because in real life the sub captains kept stock of all kinds of ammo, not just the one. Instead of helping they started flaming so I left - that was why I responded a little harsh at first here as well - thinking (because of the big red font) that I was told to keep the radio channel clear... :doh:

thank you Mush for your help - I will disect your files and see if they show me something I have overlooked - otherwise I just use it as it is and mod the files and return to skinning... :|\\

chrysanthos
10-29-11, 03:15 PM
hello how can i change the clip size? for example the antiaircraft has 20clip...how can i change them? thank you

Jimbuna
10-29-11, 03:37 PM
I wasn't aware you could because the weapons/ammo clips are already allocated in the equipment files.

Perhaps S3D Editor will allow it but I'm not sure.

topgundv
10-29-11, 03:47 PM
:Dif anyone does can you mail me or torpedo cheats for sh5

Fish In The Water
10-29-11, 06:32 PM
hello how can i change the clip size? for example the antiaircraft has 20clip...how can i change them? thank you

Perhaps S3D Editor will allow it but I'm not sure.

Indeed it will. You need to use S3D to open the 'SH3\data\Library\guns.sim' file. Once there you'll have to hunt around and find the type of AA gun you're using and then adjust the number of rounds in the 'clip_size' field.

Good luck and have fun! :sunny: