PDA

View Full Version : (TEC) Digging around the SH4 folders

William516
04-04-07, 03:19 PM
Ok I must say that the more i did around the more impressed I am with the devs sometimes in a good way and sometimes not to good. For example I'm impressed to see so many different effect files and things of that nature but completly shocked at how much SH3 files were left in and how confusing they can be. Well anyways on to my question.

Searching through the files I have found several things that I have been wondering. While I'm no modder myself I do like to play around with different files. Using the Tweak program that we used for SH3 I started looking at the different files. I have found that even though the files are end with .zon or .sim that sometimes they wont open or wont even show up.

For example in the program Minitweaker I chose to look for more tweak files then what are supplied with the program. I navigate to files that I just looked at. On my computer they are found in the following directory for example

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Objects

When i navigate to that spot there are no files shown in the minitweaker program.

I know that in the SH3 version we had tons of files to play with including ones where we could adjust the volume of the sound simply by using this program. Has this completly changed with SH4, or have those files simply not been played with yet.

There are tons of files that will not open and im wondering what allows us to alter it. Here are just a few examples

.zon
.dat
.sim
.fx
.cam
.val

There are even some files that seem to be locked by some protection system. It seems that the same adjustments possible in Sh3 are no longer possible. I cant open any particle files or anything.

Can someone explain what is needed to for each of the files above. Dont worry i have a second install of Sh4 incase something goes really really wrong. But hey the only way to learn what something does is play with it.

Thanks for any help

William

Hartmann
04-04-07, 05:06 PM
If the files are the same the Tweak program can open it without problems but not with the new files, we need a new tweak files for the new sh4 ...zon, dat...sim cam..

if iīm not wrong, the tweak program uses a know pre establised hex values and positions in the files that canīt be used with new SH4 files