PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Baloa class in whole campaign

FooFighters
04-03-07, 02:59 PM
Hi guys,

What do I have to change to get the balao class in 1941 in campaign. I know this is not historical correct. But I just love that boat.

sb1171
04-03-07, 03:27 PM
Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData\CareerStart.upc

This file contains the starting points. From memory, you will see a section for each starting year. Look at the one for 1944 and you will see something like "F1Balao" listed under the starting boats for pearl harbour. Copy and paste into the starting line up for the 1941 start. The F1 bit relates to the flotilla, so it should be changed if you add it to anything other than Pearl. If this all sounds gibberish just look in the file, all should be clear. Also look at Flotillas.upc for interest.

This file is sensitive to misplace tabs and spaces, so back up first before tinkering.

dtrain2k19
04-03-07, 04:07 PM
you also have to change the date of availabilty in the fortilla file in the same folder, or will also get a forced retirement in the end of the first mission

Grunt
04-03-07, 08:05 PM
Picking a Gato or Balao as your first sub virtually garuntees a VERY short career. I have tested this concept at least 5 times and each time I get no more then 3 patrols.

I started a career at the start of the test, out of the pens with a P-class and Im on my 6th patrol but was offered a Gato and thus will be forcibly retired after this patrol Im betting.

Long story short, you gotta earn the better subs or the game will be short but sweet.