PDA

View Full Version : Noob here... what mods should I get?

Sev17
04-02-07, 06:34 PM
The list of mods.... is huge. No idea how to sort through them but i've been told by a friend that SH3 is a lot more fun with some of the mods.

I am not huge on realism.... as it makes the game harder and at present, I suck heh. Having fun, but not doing great.

So.... recommend me some mods? What mods would you recommend and what features do these mods have that make you recommend them?

Mush Martin
04-02-07, 06:38 PM
The list of mods.... is huge. No idea how to sort through them but i've been told by a friend that SH3 is a lot more fun with some of the mods.

I am not huge on realism.... as it makes the game harder and at present, I suck heh. Having fun, but not doing great.

So.... recommend me some mods? What mods would you recommend and what features do these mods have that make you recommend them?

Welcome aboard young jedi

start out by waiting to hear a few answers most will recommend gwx
but there are other supermods however Ill endorse gwx that will
take really good care of immersion after that you have time
to look over optional mods to go with it casually, be advised
that although immersive gwx is hardcore and hard to survive on
purpose.
MM

JCWolf
04-02-07, 06:38 PM
The latest and bigest is GWX, and then
Install GWX 1.02 and GWX 1.03...

You can also go to my Web site there are a lot of good Mods
Listed in the Forum downloads sections...

And as for other you have to really chose what to add,
List of Mods I guess is a litle outdated...:oops:

Sev17
04-02-07, 06:40 PM
I see tons of posts about GWX... I also see a long feature list for it, which is mostly incomprehensible to me. Can anyone tell me a little more about the mod, that a padwan like me will understand heh?

danlisa
04-03-07, 02:17 AM
I see tons of posts about GWX... I also see a long feature list for it, which is mostly incomprehensible to me. Can anyone tell me a little more about the mod, that a padwan like me will understand heh?
In a galaxy far far away, there was a man who had a vision:88)......enough of that crap.

GWX is basically the final evolution of at least 2 years of hard work by some excellent modders here on Subsim.

Through hard work & flaming they managed to produce a complete & balanced supermod which many believe completes SH3.

The aim of the Dev team was to create a mod that was accessable to everyone while fixing some severe problems with the stock game.

In a nutshell, GWX adds an excellent mix of Realism, Gameplay, Sounds & Eye Candy while still making it possible for the average gamer to have fun.

I can't recommend this supermod any more highly than that. I suggest you download it & try it. If you are not satisfied with the final result then you can always remove it but you will be hard pressed to find anything that comes close.:up:

matxer
04-03-07, 03:43 AM
SH Commander is a nice addition to the stock game. It has several interesting features either to increase realism or to help the beginners.

SH Commander is also compatible with most supermods including GWX.

Before switching to GWX, it may be a good idea to play a complete campaign using the stock game which is easier.

JScones
04-03-07, 04:01 AM
The latest and bigest is GWX, and then
Install GWX 1.02 and GWX 1.03...
Nooooo... GWX 1.03 *includes* GWX 1.02. One only needs to install patch 1.03 to get every patch and hotfix that has been released since GWX 1.0. :yep:

danlisa
04-03-07, 04:19 AM
Wha? Bernard was here. :damn: I'll catch up with him sooner or later.:arrgh!:

Captain Strangelove
04-03-07, 05:16 AM
If you haven't played that much yet I would recommend to start with some of the following mods, as surviving in GWX is a lot more difficult than with the stock version. I used to like gun duels with ships for example. With GWX you can't do that anymore.
Here is my list of must-have mods:

- Get some Hi-Res mods: for example Bordinstrumente 1.x. Nice eye candy.
- Get a good skin for your U-boat. You want to look slick out in the atlantic, don't you? 'Fubar' did some very nice ones.
- Get one of the Das Boot sound mods. I just like to have a decent alarm, torpedo or surfacing sound sequence.
- Get the Open Hatch Mod for the type VII and type IX. Especially this mod enhances the atmosphere of SHIII dramatically.

Have fun!

Kai

shegeek72
04-03-07, 05:47 AM

Don't forget War Ace Campaign. It may not be as historially accurate as GWX, but it's pretty like GWX and there's always sometime going on when you're in the shipping lanes. Plus, frequent backup by your buddies in the Luftwaffee. :up:
--
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_wac_banner3.jpg

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 11:16 AM
GWX
SH3Cmdr
SH3Gen
:up: :arrgh!:

The Munster
04-03-07, 11:17 AM
SH Commander is a nice addition to the stock game. It has several interesting features either to increase realism or to help the beginners.

SH Commander is also compatible with most supermods including GWX.

Before switching to GWX, it may be a good idea to play a complete campaign using the stock game which is easier.

Totally agree with this advice :up:

danurve
04-03-07, 12:00 PM
Thought I replied to this thread already .. wait I did :hmm:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110422