PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Sub propeller direction?

mgbmike
04-02-07, 07:36 AM
Looking at the props (Porpoise, Gato, maybe all) in freecam at full stop and then going forward it appears, based on the prop pitch, that they are turning backwards.
Is this hardcoded or if not could it be modded to correct direction? IMHO this is strictly eyecandy but would be nice to get fixed.

Oh, and a BIG Thank You to all the modders who have added so much to the sim already!:up:

BBury
04-02-07, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I've posted this twice in the buglet thread but it keeps getting ignored. Since the hardcore subsimmers treat the rest of us casual subsimmers that are just having fun with contempt, they don't feel it's an issue since they never use the external camera. This was the buglet with SHIII till someone fixed it.

WilhelmSchulz.
04-02-07, 07:44 PM
yea I noticed that too.

Gildor
04-03-07, 08:28 AM
I don't think it is being ignored, I think there are more important things to be concerned about right now.

Which way the props are turning has nothing to do with the "meat" of the game mechanics and therefore, is not that important. It will probably be addressed once the major items are fixed.

BBury
04-03-07, 12:24 PM
I don't think it is being ignored, I think there are more important things to be concerned about right now.

Which way the props are turning has nothing to do with the "meat" of the game mechanics and therefore, is not that important. It will probably be addressed once the major items are fixed.

I understand it's not a big deal or pressing issue. I made that point in my two posts. I also made the point it was a "buglet/inconvenience, descrepency" rather than a full blown bug but there are other "anomaly" buglets being paraded around as well and recognized. It's almost like this "feature" is not supposed to noticed.