PDA

View Full Version : GWX 1.03 - problems w 37mm flak gun

Zero Niner
04-01-07, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure whether this is stock behaviour, and would appreciate any advise if possible.

I normally hit the 'C' button when an enemy aircraft is spotted. Yesterday I got a bit irritated at having to crash dive so many times just going around the north of Scotland I decided to duke it out on the surface. Manned the flak guns, with my flak-qualified Watch Officer supervising. I had 2 Petty Officers, both flak-qualified, and one seaman manning the flak guns of my Type IXB. The green bar was full. Gave the appropriate orders (fire at will, engage any target, etc etc) and sat back to watch the action.

I noticed the gunner manning the 20mm was happily firing away but the 2 crew manning the 37mm were not doing anything. I had to man the 37mm myself to get them to fire (so to speak).

When I was using GWX 1.02, there was once I stayed on the surface to try to shoot down the enemy aircraft, and both 20mm & 37mm were firing away on their own.

Any ideas why the 37mm decided to remain silent?

Oh, BTW, it appears to me there are a *lot* more air patrols now compared to 1.02, even under max time compression. Using the same route in 1.02 to get to the Atlantic (rounding the north of Scotland) I'd encounter maybe 3 - 4 patrols max. Thus far in my first 1.03 patrol I've had 5 or 6, including 3 or 4 in the space of one day! Did 1.03 change the frequency of patrols?

Game time is March 1940.

bigboywooly
04-01-07, 11:42 PM
Ok the Flak gunners not firing is a stock bug
not GWX
Man each station in turn then end up on bridge view
Usually sorts that problem out

Air patrols should be less if anything given your war date
The range of the Hurricane was reduced as was the amount of aircraft in each squadron

Below is air coverage of the UK
Good till end of 1940

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2979/aircoverage39nq7.jpg

Zero Niner
04-02-07, 12:59 AM
Thanks BBW
I did man the bridge (go into F4 view).

20mm was firing away, but 37mm did not.

Maraz
04-02-07, 01:27 AM
Man each station in turn then end up on bridge view

This should solve the problem.

Maraz

danlisa
04-02-07, 02:18 AM
Thanks BBW
I did man the bridge (go into F4 view).

20mm was firing away, but 37mm did not.

At the risk of repeating BBW's advice....

You need to cycle through the flak stations to 'wake' them up.

For example. Bridge to Flak1 and back to bridge. Bridge to Flak2 and back to bridge. Etc. It's quick to do if you use the keyboard shortcuts.:yep:

Zero Niner
04-02-07, 03:08 AM
Sorry I misunderstood the post.
Can I press F11 in turn, then F4 to achieve the same effect?

BTW my 20mm gunner's in line for an Iron Cross, he single handedly shot down 3 Swordfish and an Anson over 2 engagements.

But no more AA action, I'm running low on 20mm ammo :eek:

danlisa
04-02-07, 03:14 AM
Sorry I misunderstood the post.
Can I press F11 in turn, then F4 to achieve the same effect?

No, you need to cycle. I can't remember the flak shortcuts exactly but it's something like....F4 + F + F4 then repeat for the other flak station shortcuts. The other flak shortcuts might be G & T depending on your flak config but you need to confirm the keys.:yep:

Zero Niner
04-02-07, 03:20 AM
Got it, thanks. :)